Transferring Xbox live account

Discus and support Transferring Xbox live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; From what i have read it looks like i can not do what i want to try and do but i will ask anyways. My Dad made the xbox live account i use years ago... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TyHansen, Feb 24, 2021.

1. TyHansen
    TyHansen Guest

From what i have read it looks like i can not do what i want to try and do but i will ask anyways.

My Dad made the xbox live account i use years ago but i end up using it more so it became mine. I was hoping i could move the gamertag over to my micorsoft account and no longer have it attached to his because if he forgets a password or anything it effects me as well. So hopefully this is do able but if it is not i can make do.

thank you in advance.

:)

TyHansen, Feb 24, 2021
  2. HassanB Win User

Downloading a Halo 4 armor skin from my friends console ?

Hello,

Sorry, this is not possible to do. The use of the license transfer system in this way is not prohibited. A license transfer cannot be used to transfer one piece of content from one console to another. It transfers all licenses from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox
    360, not from one Xbox LIVE account to another Xbox LIVE account.
  3. PollockRoc Win User

GamerTag Download question

No. He would need to transfer the license to the other Xbox. From here

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

copy/move games from secondhand XBOX without buyers gamertag.

No unfortunately xbox live content is not transferable between accounts
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 games with gold

No it's not possible to transfer Xbox live gold to another account.
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Transferring DLC to another offline profile on same system??

You can't transfer DLC to an offline account. Downloadable content is tied to the account it's purchased from, always. Doing a license transfer will only transfer the right to the content to another console, for use by the downloader account, and other account
    as long as they're connected to Xbox Live.
Thema:

1. Transferring Xbox live account - Similar Threads - Transferring live account

2. Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I was recently locked out of my Microsoft account after some else gained access to it and fraudulently purchased items. My attempts to recover the account and verify that I am the owner have been...
  3. How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?: So, it’s been a while that i have my offline account on my xbox 360, and today i just linked my xbox live account. The things is i dont have all of the achievements I had on the other account, so...
  4. Transfer Xbox Live account ownership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Xbox Live account ownership: Hello, I’m want to use my Xbox live account again, however, when I first set it up it was linked to my mom’s Microsoft account. I want to transfer the Xbox account along with all the data,...
  5. xbox live account transferred to email i actually use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live account transferred to email i actually use?: I have an Xbox account with an old email that I never use anymore. I also have an email I use for everything that has somehow gotten an Xbox account I have never signed into. (I have no idea how...
  6. is it against the rules to give/transfer your xbox live account to someone else (ie:...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is it against the rules to give/transfer your xbox live account to someone else (ie:...: Is it against the rules to give/transfer your xbox live account to someone else? (ie: transfer ownership?) 50afb510-0aff-45b1-ad14-4ded3896afc6
  7. How can I transfer a Xbox Live account from one Microsoft account to another?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I transfer a Xbox Live account from one Microsoft account to another?: I have an Xbox console and I want to buy an Xbox Live account that has a lot of games on it. The person I am buying it from has it registered on his Microsoft account, but I want it to be on my...
  8. How Do I Transfer My Xbox Live Gamertag to a Different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do I Transfer My Xbox Live Gamertag to a Different Microsoft Account?: So I have both Minecraft Java and Bedrock, but my Java account is linked to my personal email (not my Microsoft account) and my Bedrock account is linked to my dad's Microsoft account (I got it...
  9. Is there a way to transfer my xbox live to a different microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to transfer my xbox live to a different microsoft account?: My son has been using my Microsoft account for his xbox live but I want to separate it out so I can put screen time limits on his xbox. Is this possible? He has an Xbox One S. Thanks!...
  10. Transfer a XBOX Live Account to another Live ID or email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer a XBOX Live Account to another Live ID or email: I like many people have this problem. My son grew up playing xbox on my live id. In other words, his gamertag is linked to my email address.I have had my email address since the beginning of time...