Transferring Xbox Live Account Ownership

Discus and support Transferring Xbox Live Account Ownership in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How can I transfer ownership of my Xbox Live account to my son ? I would like to keep my Microsoft Account but I Want to give the Xbox Live account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Raw Ryan, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Raw Ryan
    Raw Ryan Guest

How can I transfer ownership of my Xbox Live account to my son ? I would like to keep my Microsoft Account but I Want to give the Xbox Live account completely to my son. How do I go about doing this ?

:)

Raw Ryan, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

the Xbox account IS the Microsoft account, they are not transferrable, you would need to create him his own Microsoft account.
  3. Annanda Martins Win User

Transfer Xbox Live account ownership

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

If you have access to your Xbox Account and can access it on your PC, you need to first add your email/alias and set it as primary. Please follow these steps:

Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.

https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com">https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com

Go to Your info at the top of the page.

Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

You might be asked to verify your account before any changes can be made. Follow the instructions that are provided to select your alias:

Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. After you’re returned to the previous screen, select Verify, and then follow the instructions that are provided.

Or, select Add phone number. Enter the phone number that you want to use, and then select Next. When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code in the text message, and then select Next.

Then you can remove your previous alias:

Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.

https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com

Go to Your info at the top of the page.

Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

Select the alias that you want to remove.

If it’s a primary alias, select a new primary before you remove the old one. To do so, select one of the other aliases that are on the account, and then select Make primary.

You’ll use this new primary alias to send and receive emails, access your Microsoft account information, and appear on devices.

To remove the email address or phone number that you no longer want, select the option Remove that’s next to it, and then follow the instructions that are provided.

You can read about this and more here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/accou...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

If you do all that and it does not work, or if you do not have access to the email associated to your account ( you Mom's ) i recommend you contacting Support directly, okay?

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi Raw, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I apologize but there is no option to transfer an Xbox Live profile to a different Microsoft account. You can add a Microsoft alias under your Microsoft account that your son can use in signing in on his devices but that will just be an alternate email.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Thank you, because I have so much to say about this!! Plus I dont think what hes asking is possible!!
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Hello,

I’m want to use my Xbox live account again, however, when I first set it up it was linked to my mom’s Microsoft account.

I want to transfer the Xbox account along with all the data, friends, and followers to my Microsoft account. But I also don’t want to mess with my mom’s Microsoft account and the data she has there.

So in the end I want the Xbox account to be linked to my email with my Microsoft data and my mom’s email and Microsoft data to no longer be associated with the Xbox account.
    If you follow the advice Annanda Martins gave and delete your moms email as an alias it will permanenty delete her email forever.

Per https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.

There unfortunately isnt any way to completely separate the email from the account without it affecting the Microsoft email. This is because the Microsoft account (Microsoft email) IS the Xbox account. They are both one in the same.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.
Thema:

1. Transferring Xbox Live Account Ownership - Similar Threads - Transferring Live Account

2. Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I was recently locked out of my Microsoft account after some else gained access to it and fraudulently purchased items. My attempts to recover the account and verify that I am the owner have been...
  3. How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?: So, it’s been a while that i have my offline account on my xbox 360, and today i just linked my xbox live account. The things is i dont have all of the achievements I had on the other account, so...
  4. Transfer Xbox Live account ownership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Xbox Live account ownership: Hello, I’m want to use my Xbox live account again, however, when I first set it up it was linked to my mom’s Microsoft account. I want to transfer the Xbox account along with all the data,...
  5. xbox live account transferred to email i actually use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live account transferred to email i actually use?: I have an Xbox account with an old email that I never use anymore. I also have an email I use for everything that has somehow gotten an Xbox account I have never signed into. (I have no idea how...
  6. is it against the rules to give/transfer your xbox live account to someone else (ie:...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is it against the rules to give/transfer your xbox live account to someone else (ie:...: Is it against the rules to give/transfer your xbox live account to someone else? (ie: transfer ownership?) 50afb510-0aff-45b1-ad14-4ded3896afc6
  7. How can I transfer a Xbox Live account from one Microsoft account to another?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I transfer a Xbox Live account from one Microsoft account to another?: I have an Xbox console and I want to buy an Xbox Live account that has a lot of games on it. The person I am buying it from has it registered on his Microsoft account, but I want it to be on my...
  8. How Do I Transfer My Xbox Live Gamertag to a Different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do I Transfer My Xbox Live Gamertag to a Different Microsoft Account?: So I have both Minecraft Java and Bedrock, but my Java account is linked to my personal email (not my Microsoft account) and my Bedrock account is linked to my dad's Microsoft account (I got it...
  9. Is there a way to transfer my xbox live to a different microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to transfer my xbox live to a different microsoft account?: My son has been using my Microsoft account for his xbox live but I want to separate it out so I can put screen time limits on his xbox. Is this possible? He has an Xbox One S. Thanks!...
  10. Transfer a XBOX Live Account to another Live ID or email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer a XBOX Live Account to another Live ID or email: I like many people have this problem. My son grew up playing xbox on my live id. In other words, his gamertag is linked to my email address.I have had my email address since the beginning of time...