Transferring Liscense-I've Read the FAQ but still looking for confirmation.

Discus and support Transferring Liscense-I've Read the FAQ but still looking for confirmation. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The situation is this: 2 xbox 360s in the house, the family room xbox, and my son's xbox. He's been put into the habit of saving to a USB drive so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lorehold, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Lorehold
    Lorehold Guest

The situation is this:

2 xbox 360s in the house, the family room xbox, and my son's xbox. He's been put into the habit of saving to a USB drive so all his game saves can go with him to his friends houses, which is a good thing. His XBOX died on us, and we are now down to the
    xbox in the family room. We no longer pay for his xbox live, and he won't get any until he earns it, BUT, he wants to be able to play his downloaded games. From what I understand, we can download his "gametag", and "transfer" the license for his Arcade games
    he's paid for, and he will be able to enjoy them on our functioning xbox. Lord knows I don't want to pay for minecraft again. The only thing I'm concerned about is if it will affect any of the licensed products I've bought and paid for on my XBOX live account.
    Thanks for any input or clarification on any of this.

:)

Lorehold, Jan 2, 2014
  2. ByteMee
    ByteMee Guest
    So it seems XB1 owners would be nuts not to buy Destiny on 360

Yes they will! I checked out the FAQ on the game page for this deal and they confirm this.

ByteMee, Jan 2, 2014
  3. ok Retro
    ok Retro Guest
    Liscense Transfering Problem

I was liscense transferring games onto my Xbox 360 from another account and encountered a problem. I have never liscense transfered before so I though I should click the button that said listened transfer under the account settings. When it did, it said nothing
    was in the pending list to liscense transfer so I clicked "A" which at the bottom of the screen said doing that would "liscense transfer" thinking that it would allow me to choose what I wanted to transfer. In doing so it liscense transfered nothing and now
    I have wait 4 months to try again. Is there any way to do it again? If not Microsoft really should fix the problem.

ok Retro, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Transferring Liscense-I've Read the FAQ but still looking for confirmation.

Your son can still play his games on the family console while logged into his profile and it's online (no Gold level required, just internet access). If your internet cuts out the game disappears or reverts to trial mode. If you do a license transfer of
    his content to the family console anyone on the console can play that content regardless of internet connection. A license transfer will not affect the licenses of any other account that uses that console.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 2, 2014
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Your son can still play his games on the family console while logged into his profile and it's online (no Gold level required, just internet access). If your internet cuts out the game disappears or reverts to trial mode. If you do a license transfer of
    his content to the family console anyone on the console can play that content regardless of internet connection. A license transfer will not affect the licenses of any other account that uses that console.
  6. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

dlc content not available to other family members

Read the FAQ, you still need to download the again after the license transfer.
  7. Smwutches Win User

liscense transfers

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but license transfers should only be used to transfer your licenses between consoles that you are using. License transfers are not to be used as a way of sharing games. That is considered marketplace theft and can
    result in you being banned.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Liscense Transfer

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. If you leave the console as the Home console for the old account, you can still access the games on a new account.
  9. TVippy Win User

XBL Rewards transforming into MS Rewards in Canada

It says "read the FAQ", but FAQ says absolutely nothing about this transfer.
Thema:

1. Transferring Liscense-I've Read the FAQ but still looking for confirmation. - Similar Threads - Transferring Liscense I've

2. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  3. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  4. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  5. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  6. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  7. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  8. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  9. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  10. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...