Transferring games

Discus and support Transferring games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A while ago I bought an xbox one as spares and repairs with tons of games on it, the disc drive didn't work but it didn't matter as the games I wanted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoeyBuck616, Oct 17, 2017.

1. JoeyBuck616
    JoeyBuck616 Guest

Transferring games

A while ago I bought an xbox one as spares and repairs with tons of games on it, the disc drive didn't work but it didn't matter as the games I wanted were pre installed or ready to be installed.

Then the WiFi card packed up, so fearing that I wouldn't be able to just put a new card in it, I bought another xbox listed as spares and repairs due to a power block fault

It works fine and cost less than the other one (Gutted to be fair)

Is there any way I can get the games from the old one, transferred to the other one since it wasn't me that purchased them?

:)

JoeyBuck616, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    transferring game

It wouldn't work. The licenses would be tied to your gamertag so it would only work if your gamertag was signed into Live on that console, and since you can't connect to Live, it wouldn't work.

Smwutches, Oct 17, 2017
  3. marcd220
    marcd220 Guest
    transferring game

sorry i should of said i cant connect his console to live i bought it second hand and it got banned about 6months later was not happy ,so now thats just used by my kids ,thats whty i wanted to no can i download it on mine then transfer it using memory stick
    both consoles have the same gamertag on them

cheers marc

marcd220, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Transferring games

You would have to be able to sign into the account that purchased them in order to transfer them. Otherwise, you'd have to purchase them on your account.

Smwutches, Oct 17, 2017
  5. JoeyBuck616
    JoeyBuck616 Guest
    So I wouldn't be able to just plug the old hard drive into the new xbox or switch them over using that "Home Xbox" mode?

JoeyBuck616, Oct 17, 2017
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You'd still have to be able to sign into the account that purchased them to make the new console the Home console and share the games.

Smwutches, Oct 17, 2017
  7. JoeyBuck616
    JoeyBuck616 Guest
    Ah okay, drats, thought I could get away with using a caddy or something. Thank you anyway!

JoeyBuck616, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Smwutches Win User

Problem with transfer

The license transfer only transfers game licenses between console. There is now way to transfer games between accounts.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Live Account transfer???dodgey

The license transfer only transfers content lisenses. It does not transfer game saves. You would have to use a data transfer cable as suggested or a usb drive to transfer the saves.
  10. Your Dead McFly Win User

Broken hard drive! I have a few questions about transferring data.

If you know for certain it is corrupted, avoid doing a transfer. You could transfer content but the odds are good that the content will be corrupted in the new HD. Transfer cable transfers game saves, profiles, achievements, game licenses etc.
  11. Smwutches Win User

problem with the Xbox 360

A license transfer will transfer the licenses for all of your games.
  12. HatchedMantis40 Win User

Info

Yes. Only the games will be transferred.
    Only the games will be transferred?. So my Profile will stay just on my Xbox One after I transfer the games?. Thank you so much.
Thema:

Transferring games

1. Transferring games - Similar Threads - Transferring games

2. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  3. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  4. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  5. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?: So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that...
  6. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  7. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  8. Game Pass transfer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass transfer: I am close to hysteria and nearly crying. Please help. I got a brand new Xbox S as a present , and played it 3 days only. Today i can't log into my account as white screen appears. Literally...
  9. Progress bar won’t start when trying to transfer game to a hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Progress bar won’t start when trying to transfer game to a hard drive: I’m trying to move a game from my internal storage to my hard drive and it saying installing but when I check it it says “moving” and the percent stays at 0.0%. I don’t really know what else to...
  10. Transferred games from Xbox One to Xbox X will not play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferred games from Xbox One to Xbox X will not play?: Moved the game files over to my new console but now it says I need to repurchase the game? Is that typical? 24733bd6-5116-4d48-964c-67ab88070055