Transferring games to new Xbox Series X causes it re-download the game

Discus and support Transferring games to new Xbox Series X causes it re-download the game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just bought an Xbox series X console and was trying to transfer games via an external drive from xbox one s and while I was able to copy/move the games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vote4WillFree, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Transferring games to new Xbox Series X causes it re-download the game

Just bought an Xbox series X console and was trying to transfer games via an external drive from xbox one s and while I was able to copy/move the games off the external drive just fine, it prompted me that there was an update for each game when trying to launch any of them. That was fine as well. The updates ranged from a few gigs to 10s of gigs for each game.

Again no big deal. Once all the updates were done though, I tried launching a few of the games, Forza horizon 5 and Halo Infinite and I received a message saying that another update is required to get the best performance on the Xbox series X but the update size for each game was the actual size of the game.

I ended up running the update and downloaded the updates but I have a lot of other games on the xbox one s that I need to transfer over. Will they all require re-downloads? Is there anyway around this? What's the point of transferring games, if I have to re-download them again?

:)

Vote4WillFree, Feb 3, 2022
  2. LadyStarr Win User

Trying to transfer saved game and downloaded mods for FS22 from xbox 1 to xbox x, how come nothing is transfering other than the season pass add-ons?

Hello,

Yes, we are trying to move the saved games from the Xbox 1 to the new Xbox series x. We had put the profile on the new x series, and downloaded the game. We then used the local network sharing to try to transfer the same games and the digital community content from Farming Simulator 22 to the series X but cannot get them to transfer over.

We are unsure as to why the saved games are not moving over or the mods.

The mods we can just re-download if needed, but the saved games... thata the important part.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Vote., unfortunately there is no such thing, when the game requires an update of the size of the game or the full game means that the game kernel needs to be recompiled.

As you're migrating to the X Series what you can do is, download the games you use the most for Xbox and then move them to the External HD and when you play them move back to the inside, and as the SERIES HD is larger, leave the games you use the most on Xbox.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  5. John P_14 Win User

Reinstalling games Everytime I play

Thanks for letting me know. Kindly try doing a Network Transfer to transfer the game to your Xbox Series X and since it is optimized for Xbox Series XIS, make sure it is downloaded to your internal storage.
  6. CraigAmation983 Win User

Xbox 360 login problem 80151103

Update:

What I have done is deleted my 360 file on my Xbox Series X and let it re download itself when I opend the game Left 4 Dead up because it wont work in game and will come up with the error, however the series X will download it on it's own when you boot up a 360 game.

The bad news is that my Xbox 360 still comes up with the error when Downloading my profile, so something to do with that way of downloading is the problem it seems.
Thema:

1. Transferring games to new Xbox Series X causes it re-download the game - Similar Threads - Transferring games Series

2. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  3. How to transfer games from hard drive to series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer games from hard drive to series X: I recently got an Xbox series X and gave the Xbox one to my son. I wanted to move the games from the external hard drive to the internal storage of the series X but my husband thought we could...
  4. is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s: Is there any way that backwards compatibility extends to disc games on the series s d74ce50c-8980-43f7-912c-83ce44333d13
  5. Transfering games from Xbox One to Series X using Seagate HDD and the Series X States I do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfering games from Xbox One to Series X using Seagate HDD and the Series X States I do...: I bought this 4 terabyte Seagate HDD for the xbox one and accrued 87 games, some from when I had the game pass. I did some research and I found that just plugging it into the new Xbox Series X...
  6. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?: Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i...
  7. EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?: I played the trial version of EAFC 24 on my Xbox One and made progress in Career mode and in Ultimate Team. I have since upgraded to a Series X and bought a copy that works on both consoles. I...
  8. Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?: Got my new series s today and when I sign in to my microsoft account it makes me set up a new profile and I can’t seem to transfer my Xbox one profile over to it what do I do?...
  9. Is there any way to transfer Madden points from Xbox one to Xbox series s version of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to transfer Madden points from Xbox one to Xbox series s version of the game: I bought a digital Madden points code and it went to the wrong gen game 495c6596-f6bf-41af-ae26-ae082c8c0640
  10. How can I transfer my games from broken series s to another series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer my games from broken series s to another series s: I have a series s that works no more I would like to transfer games off of it to a new series s. The broken one won't cut on... How can I do it e80ad469-a7c4-4889-baf8-db428548721c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i re download xbox games on my series x