Transferring game data to another gamertag in family account

Discus and support Transferring game data to another gamertag in family account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My child has been playing games on my account but now has her own. How do I transfer the game data to her gamertag? I presume I'm not the first... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MerleDeSquirrel, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Transferring game data to another gamertag in family account

Hi,

My child has been playing games on my account but now has her own. How do I transfer the game data to her gamertag? I presume I'm not the first person to encounter this. If it's not a feature, it should be.

:)

MerleDeSquirrel, Apr 27, 2021
  2. MerleDeSquirrel Win User

I understand that. The problem is that she has a lot of saved game content on my gamertag that she'd like to build on but can't unless she's logged into my profile. Jurassic park evolution, for instance, has hours of progress that she can only access when she's logged in as me. I'd like to transfer that to her gamertag so I can play something else while she builds on the progress she's made there.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

if you make her console your home console then she can use all the games you own and gold with her profile, you can the use all the games and gold on your console as long as you are signed in to xbox live.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

it's not possible, nobody can transfer save files as this stops cheating etc.

any games bought on your account just leave your account set as home on that console and any other profile can use any games purchased and gold etc.

as regards to acheivements they cannot be transferred.
  5. MerleDeSquirrel Win User

Okay, but can I play games on my console while my daughter plays game files saved under my profile on her console?
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

As previously stated, nothing can be transferred between different accounts and an account can only be signed into one console at a time. If you wish to play simultaneously, then one of you will need to start over with a new account.
Thema:

1. Transferring game data to another gamertag in family account - Similar Threads - Transferring game data

2. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  3. Will my games data transfer with my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my games data transfer with my account?: My series Xs hdmi doesnt work so im getting a new one. If i login to the new console with the same account as the old one will all my games and their data transfer to the new console?...
  4. EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?: I played the trial version of EAFC 24 on my Xbox One and made progress in Career mode and in Ultimate Team. I have since upgraded to a Series X and bought a copy that works on both consoles. I...
  5. transferring game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transferring game data: I bought Forza horizon 4 ultimate edition in the microsoft playstore , I even wanted to buy For horizon 5, multiple years ago with my microsoft account. Untill my e-mailadres got hacked and I lost...
  6. Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…: I have a problem that requires assistance. Recently, one of my Outlook accounts, which was linked to my gamer tag, got deleted due to inactivity. The system prompted me to log back into the...
  7. How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save...: How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save game data format I want to use my steam save game files on the xbox live pass but for some reason xbox...
  8. Can I transfer xbox data (save games ect.) to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer xbox data (save games ect.) to a different Microsoft account?: I want to move my brothers xbox saves because they are on my second account and it is annoying not telling him the password. 77814312-1230-4745-b710-5d7318ff2d98
  9. How to transfer game save data from 1 Xbox One to another (without internet)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer game save data from 1 Xbox One to another (without internet): Hello! I have some game saves on an Xbox One that belongs to one of my family members. I have recently gotten my own Xbox One and was wanting to transfer those game saves over to my own console....
  10. Transfer game save data from Xbox to PC - Snowrunner]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer game save data from Xbox to PC - Snowrunner]: Hello I wanted to know if it was possible to recover my save and dlc of the "Snowrunner" game that is on my Xbox series so that I can play on my pc? Thank you for your reply. Kind regards....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. migrate games to new gamertag