Transferring Downloads to New Xbox. Will they work with different profile?

Discus and support Transferring Downloads to New Xbox. Will they work with different profile? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I download game packs from my son's xbox to a new xbox will it allow me to play the additional maps under my profile. Or will I have to pay and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AggregateBow186, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Transferring Downloads to New Xbox. Will they work with different profile?

If I download game packs from my son's xbox to a new xbox will it allow me to play the additional maps under my profile. Or will I have to pay and download the packs under my profile?

:)

AggregateBow186, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Pandasaur cx
    Pandasaur cx Guest
    will license transferred 360 games carry over to the xbox one's backward compatibility

License Transferring does what the name says, it transfers the licenses of games to a different console. Transferring 360 games will not work with Xbox One's BC, it will only work with the account that they was purchased with.

Pandasaur cx, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Save Data

License transferring is needed when moving saved data and other games onto another Xbox Console. Each Xbox has a different ID and when you download or save to it, that file is registered with that ID.

You will need to license transfer to your new xbox so that the ID's change to your new one.

Vertebra-A68A98D1-411A-45DF-B3A8-4F694FDFD72A, Jan 1, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

You would have to pay again

x24hrs2livex, Jan 1, 2014
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    The Xbox One is not backwards compatible. As such you would need to repurchase any packs that you had for the 360.

onyxishere, Jan 1, 2014
  6. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="AggregateBow186"]If I download game packs from my son's xbox to a new xbox will it allow me to play the additional maps under my profile. Or will I have to pay and download the packs under my profile?[/quote]Which gamertag bought the DLC?

XBOX 360 DLC (outside Season Pass content) comes with two licenses, a Console License and a Gamertag License. The Console license binds to the first console the content is downloaded to. Console licenses can be re-bound to different consoles by performing a
    License Transfer, though that causes all content owned by the Gamertag to be unbound. The Console License rebinds for each piece of DLC as it is redownloaded (redownloading already downloaded DLC results in a redownload of the license only).

The Gamertag license works on any console that the Gamertag logs into Live with.

If you have two consoles and want to use DLC on both, the Console License should be placed on the console being used by the gamertag that
    didn't buy the content.

IceStorm III, Oct 31, 2018
  7. IceStorm III Win User

[quote user="AggregateBow186"]If I download game packs from my son's xbox to a new xbox will it allow me to play the additional maps under my profile. Or will I have to pay and download the packs under my profile?[/quote]Which gamertag bought the DLC?

XBOX 360 DLC (outside Season Pass content) comes with two licenses, a Console License and a Gamertag License. The Console license binds to the first console the content is downloaded to. Console licenses can be re-bound to different consoles by performing a
    License Transfer, though that causes all content owned by the Gamertag to be unbound. The Console License rebinds for each piece of DLC as it is redownloaded (redownloading already downloaded DLC results in a redownload of the license only).

The Gamertag license works on any console that the Gamertag logs into Live with.

If you have two consoles and want to use DLC on both, the Console License should be placed on the console being used by the gamertag that
    didn't buy the content.
  8. onyxishere Win User

The Xbox One is not backwards compatible. As such you would need to repurchase any packs that you had for the 360.
  9. x24hrs2livex Win User

You would have to pay again
  10. Xenocide724 Win User

DLC Issue

I finally figured it out, it was downloaded on a different profile. Since i didnt transfer that other profile to the new xbox, the new xbox never saw the dlc. Once i transferred it, the dlc showed up, although for some reason now i have to log into that
    other profile every time i turn on the xbox to get the dlc to work. Not sure if this will solve your problem but it might save you a lot of frustration
  11. SmokedMartyr Win User

Games won't work on other profiles

I have other profiles that i transfered over to my new xbox and those games work on all the profiles except this profile the games i have downloaded only work on this profile only
Thema:

1. Transferring Downloads to New Xbox. Will they work with different profile? - Similar Threads - Transferring Downloads different

2. How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc: if you get a new computer and have games on xbox app store on your old computer, such as MSFS, then can you redownload the old computers games from the xbox app store to your new computer? Like...
  3. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?: Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i...
  4. I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...: Sorry I am not familiar with Xbox or gaming, I just want to know if i delete this game from my Xbox XS, will it still be on my Xbox one? The game was originally bought on the Xbox one, i just...
  5. Game packs i have brought and download haven't transferred to my new xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game packs i have brought and download haven't transferred to my new xbox: Over a year ago i brought the sims 4 game packs titled Sims 4 vampires Sims 4 relam of magic Sims 4 strangervill And they downloaded to my xbox one but now over a year later after buying the...
  6. Is there any way to transfer the save data from playing on the cloud to the downloaded...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to transfer the save data from playing on the cloud to the downloaded...: I’ve been playing Stardew Valley through cloud gaming on my pc and i recently installed it so the game runs smoother. However, i discovered that my save data was not on the installed version and...
  7. Is it possible for me to download GTA V on an XBOX, transfer the files to a hard drive then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible for me to download GTA V on an XBOX, transfer the files to a hard drive then...: I own GTA V on both platforms, but I have pretty slow wifi and it would take extremely long for me to install GTA V on my computer alone. I was wondering if I could copy the contents from my XBOX...
  8. Interrupted an app transfer, now cant download from gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Interrupted an app transfer, now cant download from gamepass: So here is the deal. I was trying to make up space to install forza horizon 5 on my ssd and was looking through my installed apps. While looking trough them i accidentally selected to move back 4...
  9. Download games without network transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download games without network transfer: I had an xbox one x but had to swotch back to an xbox one orginally meaning i couldn’t transfer all my games because there wasn’t enough storage and had to wait to be able to buy a new xbox one x....
  10. Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB: With the advent of gamepass / everything else being subscription/cloud based, it would be helpful to those of us in rural areas if we could take a computer to a fast connection to download (huge)...