Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games

Discus and support Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I am struggling with transferring my data across from xbox 360 hard drive to the Cloud Saved Games. For the downloaded games, they move across... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coolz TRandom, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games

Hello

I am struggling with transferring my data across from xbox 360 hard drive to the Cloud Saved Games.

For the downloaded games, they move across but only Mbs and not Gbs, why is that? (It says too that they 'in sync')

and for disc games, do I have to put the game discs in to move across?

but, for both disc and downloaded games, they say 'skipped items: some items are skipped.' Also say 'to see what they were, go to Settings, System, Storage, and check the source and destination devices.'

Can someone please explain this to me, or even solve this.

Thank you so much for helping.

:)

Coolz TRandom, Oct 28, 2018
  2. cloud saving on XBOX ONE

i had to reinstall a game on xbox one and i lost my progress i looked online and it said that it automatically saves to the cloud or hard drive and then it syncs to the cloud. i have no idea how to access the cloud or anything. i called support and they said that hard drive saves are only for 360. how do i retrieve the data?

christianallen1, Oct 28, 2018
  3. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    Factory reset my xbox 360 without losing all progress.

Hello Coolz!

Okay so as long as you have your game progression saved onto your Xbox 360 Cloud Saved storage it will still be available even if you reformat the hard drive of the Xbox 360 to clear it out. Everything saved to the Cloud gets sent to Microsoft servers and
    will come back when your game says "Syncing Data from servers"

Hope this help!

XBF George L, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Are you trying to save the games themselves to the cloud? The cloud will only hold the games saves. So it won't store the game data itself.

Smwutches, Oct 28, 2018
  5. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello Coolz,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Do you mean that the file sizes for the saved data average in Mbps, or that the upload speed is in Mbps? Any disc games that are backwards compatible will need to be installed on the Xbox One by placing
    the disc in the console. Any digital backwards compatible games will show up in ready to install as soon as the account is placed on an Xbox One and signed in. We have a list of all

backwards compatible games
    . We have an article entitled
    Xbox 360 Cloud Game Saves FAQ
    which can answer several questions about cloud saved games. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Oct 28, 2018
  6. Basically, I want to factory reset my xbox 360 without losing any data like saved games, achievement and additional content like DLCs. I have spent a good couples of hours posting up discussions to find out if i can save all of my 360 data to my xbox profile
    which is also linked to my xbox one that i have for a while. All i gathered is that i can save all of my 360 data by saving it to the cloud and i can continue playing some of the 360 games on my xbox one with the backwards compatibility but, i am currently
    at the stage of moving across but i do not understand fully as to why my some of the data is transferred and most of the data is not.

in other words, since there is backwards compatibility, i want to sell my 360 without losing any of the progress i have made including both non-backwards compatibility and backwards compatibility 360 games. I want to keep my achievements for both but i also
    want to continue where i left off on the backwards compatibility 360 games like finish a campaign on Call of Duty: Black ops 2 for example.

Sorry if this was taken as me having a go but i tried doing this before like back in 2016 and i was unsuccessful or did not receive this much help at that time so i left it until now where my 360 is sort of in the way and there is no use for it with the
    backwards compatibility on xbox one.

thank you for helping.

7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    As long as you're signed into Live, everything like achievements, purchases, etc. are saved to the Xbox servers. So they're tied to your account. You would need to save your games saves to the cloud so they will transfer to the One. Once you're on the
    One, any digital games you own will be listed as "Ready to Install" in your Games and Apps, or you would insert the disc to play it. Once you start the game, the game will sync with your saves from the cloud.

Smwutches, Oct 28, 2018
  8. Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games

thank you for helping.

what i mean is that the downloaded games are 1.5 GB on the hard drive but when i transferred it across to the Cloud Saved Games, it came with some items are skipped and the game is showing 15 MB and not the 1.5 GB.

and i have a xbox one for couple of years now and already did do a backwards compatibility with one of my 360 games: Call of Duty: Black ops 2. but since more of my 360 games are coming into backwards compatibility, i decided i want to sell my 360 since
    i have no use for it anymore.

My xbox one does show up with all the downloaded games i have on my 360 on the ready to install list but i want to know if i factory reset my 360 after i moved all my 360 data across into the cloud, will i be able to continue playing the game where i left
    off on 360 or do i start a new game with all the progress i made and moved to the cloud lost since i factory reset my 360.

i will look at the cloud saved games FAQ link, thank you very much.

9. okay, thank you very much for helping as this clears things up.

but do i have to play/launch both discs and download games and save it to the cloud if possible to transfer everything because when i transfer a downloaded game, it comes with MBs and not the GBs on my hard drive, and i cannot transfer any of my disc games,
    so i am guessing i have to launch my disc games for it to transfer?

10. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You just have to put the game save on the cloud. The cloud will not store the game data. You shouldn't need to launch the disc to move the save, you would just do that through the console settings. You would need the disc to play the game on the One and
    once you launch the game the console will sync your save.

Smwutches, Oct 28, 2018
  11. yeah, but it is not letting move across any of my disc games to the cloud saved games. and it is not just the 360 i can play on the xbox one, it all of my 360 games as i do not want to lose any achievements, gamerscore and additional content: in other words
    i want everything on my 360 saved onto my xbox live profile/ xbox one profile and not lost/deleted when i do a factory reset in order to sell my 360.

12. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You can't move the game themselves to the cloud. Only the game saves (your progress in the game).

Everything else is already stored on the Xbox servers so as long as you sign into the same account on the One, they move over. They are not lost when you factory reset the console.

Smwutches, Oct 28, 2018
  13. Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games

Really? I got some people telling me move everything across to the cloud or else they are lost like I have to start a new game and any additional content on the 360 will not be on Xbox one so it's pretty much starting a brand new game.

So I don't need to move anything across to the cloud then cause they are already on my Xbox one? Considering I already played a 360 game on Xbox one and my progress on that stayed the same.

Or would you suggest to move the game progress to the cloud in case, before I factory reset?

14. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    The only thing you need to move to the cloud, and the only thing you can move to the cloud, are your actual game saves (your game progress).

Anything account wise (your achievements, purchases on your account, etc. ) are automatically stored on the Xbox servers so there isn't even a way for you to transfer them yourself. They're just tied to your account and would be there when you sign in on
    the One. It's not tied to the console itself.

At this time the only way to move games from the 360 to the One is to redownload them so you can't transfer them any other way. So any games you have digitally that are backwards compatible will be available for you to reinstall. Any games you have on disc
    would just need the disc itself.

Smwutches, Oct 28, 2018
  15. Okay. Thank you for helping me with this.

Coolz TRandom, Nov 3, 2018
  16. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Transfer game file...

Well, you can't transfer from gamertag to gamertag, if thats what you want to do.

-

A easy way to transfer files for any game is to transfer the data from the hard drive on Xbox 360 A to the cloud, as your cloud saves are just stored on the internet. Then, on Xbox 360 B you simply retrieve your gamertag and then transfer the data from you
    cloud to Xbox 360 B's hard drive. Then play!
  17. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 360 to Xbox One Data Transfer Inquiry

Currently the cloud is the only way to transfer saves from the 360 to the One. The data transfer cable is only meant to transfer data between 360 hard drives.
  18. Mistress Sara Win User

Xbox 360 to Xbox One Data Transfer Inquiry

Hi there Blastem,

The 360 hard drive transfer cable is just that, it transfers data from one 360 hard drive to another. At this time the only way to transfer 360 data to an Xbox One is through the cloud so you will need to find a friend that has a 360 that you can borrow
    to upload your game saves to the cloud.

Once you have a 360 connected to Live, you can follow the steps noted by JhonSnow777 to get the files onto the cloud for you to access on an Xbox One.
  19. BlackPho3nix21 Win User

Progress & Stats Reset But...

so if you're playing on the hard drive. if you switch cloud save will all of your data on the hard drive will transfer to the cloud save?
  20. Drabz Win User

Has anybody had a faulty Hard drive do this?

you can try getting a new hard drive and a data transfer cable and you may be able to transfer all the data across.

if you have used cloud storage some of your saves may be on that.

if not then sorry nothing else can be done.
Thema:

1. Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games - Similar Threads - Transferring data across

2. How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S: I’ve got an Xbox One S that won’t stay on, keeps rebooting itself. So I bought a new one and would like to find out how my data can be transferred from the old to the new? It doesn’t stay on long...
  3. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows...
  4. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  5. Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers: This has probably been asked before but. I own Hogwarts legacy Xbox one edition for my Xbox one. But I will soon be getting an Xbox series X and I know I can bring the Xbox one edition to series...
  6. Transfer Data from a account to other account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Data from a account to other account: No idea why but i have 2 microsoft accounts. It is possible to transfer the games (just FH4 ultimate Edition and save game dosnt mater) devices and shopping history to the other profile so i can...
  7. Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.: Hi ! I’m planning on buying a new Xbox series because I’m currently on the old Xbox One (gotta get ready for GTA 6 ;) ) and I was wondering if all my data would be transferred without any problems...
  8. xbox turns off during network data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off during network data transfer: Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each...
  9. How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?: So, it’s been a while that i have my offline account on my xbox 360, and today i just linked my xbox live account. The things is i dont have all of the achievements I had on the other account, so...
  10. Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...: Today there have been hundreds of sign-in attempts made to my microsoft account, i changed password and added a 2-factor authentication but i would like to close the account and move all of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some items were skipped xbox 360