Transferring an X-Box Live Profile to another Microsoft Account

Discus and support Transferring an X-Box Live Profile to another Microsoft Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an old Hotmail account that I had created as an alias years ago and my current X-Box profile is linked to it. I have a new Outlook account that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bereshiyth, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Bereshiyth
    Bereshiyth Guest

I have an old Hotmail account that I had created as an alias years ago and my current X-Box profile is linked to it. I have a new Outlook account that I would like to transfer all my games, Gamerscore, licenses, etc to so I can preserve my tag. One small
    problem, I've already at some point created an X-Box profile on this new e-mail so I can't easily transfer my profile under Account Security in the system settings.

How do I delete my X-Box profile from my Outlook account so that I can transfer the X-Box profile linked to my Hotmail to the Outlook account?

:)

Bereshiyth, Jan 6, 2014
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Jan 6, 2014
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to Download, Move or Delete Xbox Live Profiles

You need to download, move or delete your Xbox Live profile in certain circumstances. If you want to play on multiple consoles of your own or of your friends, you will have to download or move your Xbox Live profile from one console to another.

In addition, you might need to download the Xbox Live profile for the following reasons:

• You deleted you Xbox live profile by mistake.
    • You need to use your Xbox LIVE gamertag on another console.
    • You want to use your existing Zune or Games for Windows account instead of creating a new account.

You can also move your profile to the other consoles using a USB flash drive.

How to download Your Xbox Live Profile

You can easily download your Xbox Live gamertag to a console by following a few easy steps:

• Press the larger X button in the center of your controller which will lead you to the Xbox Guide.
    • Select Download Profile to start download. If your do not find this option, sign out of your profile by pressing X.
    Enter the user ID of your Microsoft account (Windows Live ID) which is associated with your Xbox Live gamertag and then enter the password. Select the desired storage drive to save the profile.

Note: A Microsoft account is essential for signing in to any Microsoft services like Xbox Live. You have to provide your parent’s Microsoft account information to download the profile if your account is an Xbox Live child account.

You can save your "Microsoft account" password on the console, so that you don't need to provide it to sign into your profile again. The Remember Password option is off by default. It is better to save the password on your own console not to be asked to enter the password again and again at the time of singing into your profile. If you are using a console that is not yours, you may want to leave the Remember Password option off (unchecked).

Now you should be able to sign in with your gamertag on the console.

**If per chance you did opt to check the Remember Password option on someone else's console, your password can be remotely removed off of that console. Check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to move your profile to another console

You can easily move your profile to another console using a USB flash drive or Xbox Memory unit following these steps:
    • First off, plug a USB flash drive or an original Xbox 360 Memory Unit into your console.
    • Go to the Settings option to select storage and then select All Devices.
    • Select Gamer Profiles and Press Move.
    • You need to select the USB Storage Device or Memory Unit
    After performing the above successfully, remove the memory unit or USB flash drive and insert it into the console on which you want to move your profile. You are required to enter your Microsoft account password which ensures the security of your account.

After playing on another console, if you want to move it to previous console, remove the USB flash drive or Memory unit and take it back to the original console and repeat the steps above.

**You will be asked for your Microsoft account password when you move your profile to a different console. This is to protect you and your account if the device is ever stolen. If you want to find out more, check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to delete a gamer profile

You can delete unused profiles following few steps:

• Go to Settings to select system.
    • Select Storage
    • Go to All Devices and select Gamer Profiles.
    • Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    • Press delete.
    Note: You can delete the profiles only or you can delete both the profiles and items (the associated saved games and achievements).

kevin, Jan 6, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

you can't delete an xbox live account, but the thing you will need to do is to move that xbox live account to another Microsoft Account (which can be closed afterwards). This will free up the outlook account and you should be able to move your xbox live
    account to that outlook account.

Just be sure that you do not use the outlook account on a windows Phone or windows 8 device while transferring, since this will generate a xbox live account when none is present.

So, use the following steps:

1. Download the xbox live account on the outlook account to the xbox console

2. wait 30 days, then move that xbox live account to another (new temporary) Microsoft account. An xbox live account can only be moved when it has been on a console for at least 30 days without being downloaded. Be sure not to use any windows device with
    your outlook account connected when doing these steps.

3. Move your xbox live account to the outlook account.

-

To move an xbox live account to another Microsoft account see this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

WPAK, Jan 6, 2014
  5. I'm having the same issue as this, I got this answer from a support guy and the link above as well but frankly this solution is somewhat absurd! This process requires a minimum of SIXTY DAYS waiting time, assuming the desired end Microsoft account is not
    on the console in question already! There MUST be a better way than waiting two whole months to complete this process.

The other thing that would be ridiculous is not being able to use the outlook account on a Windows 8 phone or device for THIRTY DAYS. For some of us that would mean ditching our phone and PC for an entire month, or operating them on a dummy account. However
    I am told (by support) that the account in question will actually be 'locked' for this period, so it will not have another gamertag automatically generated. Although if you log in on day 31 before you complete the transfer one WILL be generated and you must
    start again.

Can I get some confirmation from an official rep, or better yet a reasonable solution to this problem?

SnugMoney408953, Jan 7, 2014
  6. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

I have read the article that the other Ambassador has given out, and at the bottom it says you can only move your gamer tag once every 30 days to a new Microsoft Email Account. This does not say that it can take up to 30 days. It should be a straight forward
    process as I have helped people preform this action in Ambassador Chat and in the Microsoft support forums.

I hope this helps with your question

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 7, 2014
  7. HisCord043
    HisCord043 Guest
    Ok so I have a delema. For the longest time i didn't have my own xbox so I would just play on my brothers and while I was playing, well as you can imagine I got achievements for these games (2735 gamer points to be exact) BUT they were on his xbox. So when
    I got my xbox I didn't have those achievements. Also my save data and such was being played under his gamertag so I'm wondering if there is any possible way I could transfer my save data and achievements back over to my xbox

HisCord043, May 11, 2014
  8. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest

nope save data and achievements are locked to the account that earned them you will just have to start over and re earn them sorry.

davemcfly85, May 11, 2014
  9. I`ve got to agree with Davemcfly85 on this one, there is no way to transfer your save data and achievements to another xbox profile, Sorry ^_^

PR1NCE DARKNESS, Oct 31, 2018
  10. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

I`ve got to agree with Davemcfly85 on this one, there is no way to transfer your save data and achievements to another xbox profile, Sorry ^_^
  11. davemcfly85 Win User

nope save data and achievements are locked to the account that earned them you will just have to start over and re earn them sorry.
  12. HisCord043 Win User

Ok so I have a delema. For the longest time i didn't have my own xbox so I would just play on my brothers and while I was playing, well as you can imagine I got achievements for these games (2735 gamer points to be exact) BUT they were on his xbox. So when
    I got my xbox I didn't have those achievements. Also my save data and such was being played under his gamertag so I'm wondering if there is any possible way I could transfer my save data and achievements back over to my xbox
  13. SnugMoney408953 Win User

I'm having the same issue as this, I got this answer from a support guy and the link above as well but frankly this solution is somewhat absurd! This process requires a minimum of SIXTY DAYS waiting time, assuming the desired end Microsoft account is not
    on the console in question already! There MUST be a better way than waiting two whole months to complete this process.

The other thing that would be ridiculous is not being able to use the outlook account on a Windows 8 phone or device for THIRTY DAYS. For some of us that would mean ditching our phone and PC for an entire month, or operating them on a dummy account. However
    I am told (by support) that the account in question will actually be 'locked' for this period, so it will not have another gamertag automatically generated. Although if you log in on day 31 before you complete the transfer one WILL be generated and you must
    start again.

Can I get some confirmation from an official rep, or better yet a reasonable solution to this problem?
  14. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

you can't delete an xbox live account, but the thing you will need to do is to move that xbox live account to another Microsoft Account (which can be closed afterwards). This will free up the outlook account and you should be able to move your xbox live
    account to that outlook account.

Just be sure that you do not use the outlook account on a windows Phone or windows 8 device while transferring, since this will generate a xbox live account when none is present.

So, use the following steps:

1. Download the xbox live account on the outlook account to the xbox console

2. wait 30 days, then move that xbox live account to another (new temporary) Microsoft account. An xbox live account can only be moved when it has been on a console for at least 30 days without being downloaded. Be sure not to use any windows device with
    your outlook account connected when doing these steps.

3. Move your xbox live account to the outlook account.

-

To move an xbox live account to another Microsoft account see this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
Thema:

1. Transferring an X-Box Live Profile to another Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Transferring Box Live

2. is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s: Is there any way that backwards compatibility extends to disc games on the series s d74ce50c-8980-43f7-912c-83ce44333d13
  3. How do I (if I can) transfer my whole Minecraft x-box one edition to a pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I (if I can) transfer my whole Minecraft x-box one edition to a pc: So about 8 years ago I got a x-box one and I got Minecraft x-box one edition. But now that I have a good working pc, how do I transfer my data from a x-box to a pc? (I have a lot of good memories...
  4. I downloaded a game from my Xbox one onto my current box through network transfer, but for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I downloaded a game from my Xbox one onto my current box through network transfer, but for...: I downloaded a game through network transfer and when I go to play it says that I don’t own the game. 8ce5890d-91fa-4ae7-abe3-2137263596df
  5. transfer x box account details to child

in XBoX Accessibility
    transfer x box account details to child: Hi I set up an x box account using my email for my young child years ago. Now I would like to set up a family account using my email, add my child's email and transfer all the games etc to his...
  6. How do I Transfer all box purchases from old Hotmail email account to new Outlook email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I Transfer all box purchases from old Hotmail email account to new Outlook email...: Hi, I have an old Hotmail account that is linked to my Xbox account and has my purchases on it. I have a new outlook account email that I would like to transfer all my Xbox purchases onto. How...
  7. Game transfer issues X Box Series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game transfer issues X Box Series s: I bought an X Box Series S and I've transferred Elden Ring to it but it will not play on the S. I have the digital version on my X Box One and I'm able to play other games that I've transferred...
  8. X-Box GamerTag Transfer

in XBoX Accessibility
    X-Box GamerTag Transfer: When I originally set up my son's XBox, I used my e-mail address rather than setting up a GamerTag for him in Family Sharing attached to his e-mail address. I would now like to limit his screen...
  9. Transfer x box live with out using the old faulty consol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer x box live with out using the old faulty consol: I have faulty X box 360 . I bought a new one also 360. How can I transfer X box live with out using the old faulty consol ede7d116-5544-435d-9372-15ae867a829d
  10. Transfer x-box live to child's account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer x-box live to child's account?: Hello, I just renewed my child's x-box live, but did it from my account (did it this way for the old family pack). I now need to transfer this to my child's account if possible. I don;t use the...