Transferring a gamertag I already own to my primary account.

Discus and support Transferring a gamertag I already own to my primary account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using my Microsoft account since 2000. I want to keep this account still and has the same gamertag I have used since setting it up. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jon2k, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Jon2k
    Jon2k Guest

Hi, I have been using my Microsoft account since 2000. I want to keep this account still and has the same gamertag I have used since setting it up.

I created another Microsoft account with a new gamertag to run servers on ark survival evolved. I now also use this new gamertag as my steam account.

I have no need in keeping the newer account but would like to transfer that gamertag to replace my gamertag on my primary account.

All my games, saves etc are on my primary account so I don't want to touch any of that. I just want to literally take a gamertag I already own and use it on my primary account. The 2nd newer account can be deleted if needed as there are no games or saves etc! Or the gamertag can be changed to something random also.

Both of these accounts are microsoft, one being hotmail.com and the other live.co.uk.

Many thanks

:)

Jon2k, Jul 15, 2022
  2. Х Win User

I cant see how this suggestion would transfer ones digitally purchased content along?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Jon2K

Gamertag transfers are not possible or available, you can try changing the gamertag but this is not going to guarantee the old gamertag availability

Sometimes is available instantly, sometimes simply not and the gamertag became available after 1 week, 1 month, or never. Is hard to tell.

Hope it helps, if you have further questions feel free to ask

Greetings from another Microsoft user
  4. Smooth Segue Win User

I came across this post a couple weeks ago when I had a similar question, so I wanted to share my experience changing gamer tags to hopefully clear up any confusion. Basically, I had my main account and gamer tag (e.g., “Account1” & “GamertagA”) and a newer account and gamer tag (e.g., “Account2” & “GamertagB”). I preferred the name for “GamertagB” more, so I wanted to change “Account1” to have “GamertagB.” If you’re considering something similar, you know this is risky because it requires changing your gamer tag on “Account2” in order to make your preferred Gamertag available for Account1–at which point the Gamertag could theoretically be scooped up by someone else.

Long story short, I logged in to both Microsoft accounts on two different browsers (I didn’t want to risk getting confused by which account was which since a name change was happening). I changed Account2 to “GamertagC,” and was immediately (within ten seconds) able to change Account1 to GamertagB.

In the end, I was down $20 (even though the change was supposed to be the first free one for Account2), but still happy with the results. As for the extra charge, I didn’t want to risk any complications from asking Xbox support for assistance so I just ate it.

Tl;dr

Make the change and your preferred Gamertag becomes available immediately for your preferred account.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

If I understand correctly, you have Gamertag A on Account A, and Gamertag B on Account B. You want to take Gamertag B and attach it to Account A.

If that is the case, you will need at least 1 more email address, and you then have to go through steps to change the alias on the account(s) till you get the tag on the account you want. Steps can be found here..
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Probably yes, it’s hard to get a gamer tag now without the #xxxx
Thema:

1. Transferring a gamertag I already own to my primary account. - Similar Threads - Transferring gamertag already

2. gamertag transfer process

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag transfer process: Hello, it would be great if there was a gamertag transfer process. For example, I have an Xbox account on a secondary Microsoft account, and I have my primary account with the Microsoft services I...
  3. How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?: Hello everyone. I have a question and a concern regarding what I'm about to do. I have two separate Microsoft email addresses (EM1 and EM2) EM1 (main), and EM2 (secondary) with two gamertags...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?: I would like to transfer my gamertag to another family member, then set up a new tag to run as my family admin and account profile, is this posible? 522ee1f7-dc77-43c6-aab3-a62bf7591a6e
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?: How do I transfer my gamertag to my son? When we first got the XBox we just used my email/profile because the kids didn't have email addresses or microsoft accounts yet. My son created his...
  8. Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...: Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email account now that he is older than 13 and can have his own email? e412a347-cb45-4272-8e1d-482d087df223
  9. How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address?: Hi I want to transfer gamertag to a different email address, without losing the history. Is that possible? My son is currently using my email address to access Xbox and I want update it to his,...
  10. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?: I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the...