Transfer xBox DLC to a different account

Discus and support Transfer xBox DLC to a different account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We just purchased a third xBox for our home for the purpose of my wife having access to a single game when the other 2 consoles are in use. The game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ArsenEagle, Dec 18, 2022.

1. ArsenEagle
    ArsenEagle Guest

We just purchased a third xBox for our home for the purpose of my wife having access to a single game when the other 2 consoles are in use.

The game itself is on disk and then she has purchased multiple DLC’s like additional maps, weapon packs, etc. The rest of the household does not play the game she plays, so it does not need to be on my Home account any longer.

How do I transfer “ownership” of the games and all of its add-ons from my account to my wife’s account?

TIA!!!

:)

ArsenEagle, Dec 18, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Help please Xbox Enforcement

You cannot transfer dlc licenses over dlc transfers are only to different consoles not between accounts

You will have to keep both accounts

Live life and play fair
  3. ngocphi Win User

You don't

Dlc and games are not transferable between accounts
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello ArsenEagle, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

So, just to make sure I understand correctly you've got a new console so your wife can play her game. She's bought DLC while playing as well and now you want to make sure she still has access to the content.

If I'm correct and the DLC was purchased on your wife's account and not yours then there's no need to transfer anything. As the game is on disc all she needs to do is reinstall it using the disc.

During the install she can highlight the game and press the Start button on the controller and select Manage then click on the game picture. In this screen choose Select All then Save to start downloading the extra content.

If the DLC was purchased on your account then there is no way to transfer it to another account but you can set your account as Home on the console that your wife uses so she can access it for the game
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xbox DLC on other accounts

If the dlc is on the console it was originally downloaded to, there should be no problem using it with any account. If the Xbox is different, then you need to do a license transfer.
  6. The1337gamer Win User

Halo 3 DLC

You can't transfer DLC from one account to another, but if you bought the dlc on that console or bought it on a different console but transferred the licenses, then you should be able to use the dlc on any account/gamertag on that console. So on a new account
    you should still be able to use the Halo map packs that are on your old account.
Thema:

1. Transfer xBox DLC to a different account - Similar Threads - Transfer DLC different

2. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  3. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  4. Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage: I recently used a couple of gift cards to buy some DLC for Borderlands. As far as I know, although the original Borderlands is backward compatible with Xbox One, the DLC is not which is why there...
  5. Xbox GamePass Cloud Gaming DLC is not Transferring to Purchased Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox GamePass Cloud Gaming DLC is not Transferring to Purchased Game: This is specific to Dead by Daylight - I have purchased items (skins, characters) and have made progress in the cloud gaming side, but none of this is available on my recently purchased copy of...
  6. DLC transferring on different consoles (Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC transferring on different consoles (Xbox one: Hey,My brothers account had the gorod krovi DLC but not the descent pack my brother's account gamertag is kirasnyder but another actually has the zombies chronicles dlc and der eisendrache and it...
  7. Xbox one s to Xbox one s transfer, no game saves or dlc on new one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s to Xbox one s transfer, no game saves or dlc on new one: I transferred my old Xbox one S, using a external hard drive, to a new Xbox one S, as the disk drive on the first one packed in, it is worth noting that there was pleanty of storage on the...
  8. All of my DLC is not transferring to my Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my DLC is not transferring to my Series X.: So on my Xbox One S I bought DLC in Dragon Ball Fighterz. All my DLC on the One S is working. Now that I transfered my games and all to the series x, the store is telling me that I do not have all...
  9. i have wreckfest on gampass with dlc will it transfer to steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have wreckfest on gampass with dlc will it transfer to steam?: i have wreckfest on gampass with dlc will it transfer to steam? 43df06ad-dfb6-423a-8786-0c9436c16fe4
  10. Is there a way to transfer only XBOX data to a new email address and maintain DLC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer only XBOX data to a new email address and maintain DLC?: When my son was a minor, I used my Microsoft account for his XBOX account. Now that he is an adult, we'd both like to transfer only his XBOX data/DLC to his email address. Is this possible to...