transfer save game data to a external hard drive

Discus and support transfer save game data to a external hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Minecraft on the Xbox one with a updated world, however I'm trying to play the same game on the same profile but unable to sync data for the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DjcharmJA, Mar 13, 2018.

1. DjcharmJA
    DjcharmJA Guest

I have Minecraft on the Xbox one with a updated world, however I'm trying to play the same game on the same profile but unable to sync data for the Minecraft on the new console for the updated world. what can I do to get this fix ?

:)

DjcharmJA, Mar 13, 2018
  2. ThronedFlame
    ThronedFlame Guest
    Transferring new data to Xbox One S

I am interested in buying an Xbox one S, but I am not sure how hard it will be to transfer my save and game data to it. I'm sure I will have to reinstall games, but as far as save data goes, what's the best way to transfer that? I also have a 1TB external
    hard drive attached, but how do I tell if all the necessary data is on that for the transfer? Also can I tell what data is saved to that hard drive versus the internal hard drive?

ThronedFlame, Mar 13, 2018
  3. External Hard Drive on the Xbox One

Is there a way to save my save data on my internal hard drive and then save my game data on the external? I want to make sure my game saves are protected if my external hard drive crashes.

Shad0wHunter123, Mar 13, 2018
  4. transfer save game data to a external hard drive

Hi there, DjcharmJA.

Can you please send us verbatim or a photo of the error message you're seeing with this issue? Also, to check, are you playing the Better Together version of Minecraft on Xbox One and trying to launch a world from the "Minecraft
    for Xbox One" version?

Mister Cazador, Mar 14, 2018
  5. {james_lachlan_rober Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive

System Update Recommend Transferring all game saves and files to external hard drive and using the working internal hard drive as a back up drive that way the game saves and files are portable and you don't lose any data from the internal hard drive.
  6. luissolid Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

Hello

So some games on my xbox were non transfering from my internal hard drive to my extern hard drive. I tried a hard reset and plugged the external hard drive to a new USB port. These options didn't work. I then went to the external hard drive section in storage
    and clicked format hard drive. Understandably everything on there was uninstalled. My question is will my saved game data be there when I have reinstalled the games? For example story progression or unlocked characters?
    Hello welcome to to forums!

Just to clarify!

Your game save data are save on your local hard drive and on the cloud if you login on Xbox Live (online)

So don't worry you can delete the games on your external hard drive and the save data are safe on you local hdd or cloud. When you install the game again you will download automatically the save sada from the cloud or get the one of your hard drive!

Regards!
  7. WILDMAN 69 XXX Win User

How to transfer everything from the Halo console to the GOW3 Console?

The data transfer cable will not plug into the Halo hard drive. The transfer cable evidently cannot tranfer dater from a console with an internal hard drive to another console with an internal hard drive. I will have to transfer my data to an older external
    hard drive, then transfer it to the Gears console. I just hope I do not lose any data.
  8. sandy the hippy Win User

Upgrading to Xbox One X

If you have them saved to an external hard drive, you would just move the hard drive to the One X. That'll be the easiest. Otherwise you can sign in and redownload them from your Ready to Install list in your Games and Apps.
    Even without an external drive you will be able to transfer data via your home network ... search xbox one x transfer tool..... on YouTube and you will see video examples ...

Which will save you downloading them again
  9. Mister Cazador Win User

Hi there, DjcharmJA.

Can you please send us verbatim or a photo of the error message you're seeing with this issue? Also, to check, are you playing the Better Together version of Minecraft on Xbox One and trying to launch a world from the "Minecraft
    for Xbox One" version?
Thema:

1. transfer save game data to a external hard drive - Similar Threads - transfer save game

2. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  3. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  4. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  5. How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?: 2 months ago I created a new, alternate account to try out a free trial code for game pass a friend had given me(you can't use free trial's on existing accounts even if you've never had game pass...
  6. Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.: I am planning on buying Persona 5 royale in steam, after it was removed from Xbox Game Pass. I already invested a lot of time into the game when they removed it. i want to know if I can transfer...
  7. Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox: I wanted to try out Starfield on my Xbox One, so I gave cloud gaming a chance. The performance is okay but I really like the game, so Ibplan to upgrade to Series X. Is it possible to transfer my...
  8. Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?: So I recently purchased Astroneer on Steam and I'm wondering if I am able to transfer my progress from Xbox to the Steam game. I have nearly 100% completion on Astroneer on the Xbox-bought game...
  9. Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…: I have a problem that requires assistance. Recently, one of my Outlook accounts, which was linked to my gamer tag, got deleted due to inactivity. The system prompted me to log back into the...
  10. Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?: Everything I've read says game progress can't be moved between profiles. Is that still true if those profiles are within the family account? Mine being the main one, can I transfer to another...