Transfer of old 360 (none live) profile to xbox one

Discus and support Transfer of old 360 (none live) profile to xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has had a 360 for 4 years or so, but it was never connected to xbox live. Now he's a bit older we've got an xbox one s and xbox live. He... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TapeableWig6929, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Transfer of old 360 (none live) profile to xbox one

My son has had a 360 for 4 years or so, but it was never connected to xbox live. Now he's a bit older we've got an xbox one s and xbox live. He doesn't want to lose all the progress on his old games and would like to transfer this over and continue to
    play the old games on the new console. I've been trying to work out if we can transfer/import this old profile over or add it to his new profile without success. I can't seem to get the old profile connected to live and the xbox one doesn't seem to recognise
    a memory stick if I try a manual move. Anyone offer any help?

:)

TapeableWig6929, Dec 27, 2017
  2. FlotoKidz
    FlotoKidz Guest
    Is there a way to transfer Minecraft worlds from my XBOX 360 profile to my new XBOX One Live Profile

Is there a way to transfer Minecraft worlds from my XBOX 360 profile to my new XBOX One Live Profile? I had a profile (not a Live account) on the XBOX 360. My brother gave me his XBOX one and now I have a live account. Problem is I want the worlds I created
    on the old profile. Is there a way to get them from the old profile and move them to the XBOX One Live?

FlotoKidz, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Big Daddy 4D
    Big Daddy 4D Guest
    Xbox One and Xbox 360 Transfer

Once I transfer my Xbox Live account to an Xbox One, will I be able to go back and use my same profile on my 360 to play old games. Or does my 360 profile become obsolete?

Big Daddy 4D, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Transfer of old 360 (none live) profile to xbox one

Hi there,

You won't be able to add an offline profile onto an Xbox One. Your son's offline profile will need to be converted into an Online Profile.

The steps to do so can be found here:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

Two things to note - currently it's not an option for child accounts, according to the support page.

The other - if you created an Online profile already for him before doing this, he will end up with 2 accounts as nothing can be transferred between accounts (achievements, purchases, game saves, etc.).

I hope this helps.

Mistress Sara, Dec 27, 2017
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

You won't be able to add an offline profile onto an Xbox One. Your son's offline profile will need to be converted into an Online Profile.

The steps to do so can be found here:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

Two things to note - currently it's not an option for child accounts, according to the support page.

The other - if you created an Online profile already for him before doing this, he will end up with 2 accounts as nothing can be transferred between accounts (achievements, purchases, game saves, etc.).

I hope this helps.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Other profiles not able to play downloaded full games on same console

To let someone else use the content license, you must download your Xbox Live profile to their Xbox 360 console. Then, transfer your content licenses to that Xbox 360 console.

After you transfer your content, other profiles can use the content on that console.
  7. Spl0inker Win User

Transfer one account to another

Actually you can genious pay attention to the last line:

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

•To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

•To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.
  8. DeathWishCoffee Win User

Replacing my old xbox

9. AntiMacro Win User

I Am New To X-Box LIVE, How do I connect to it using my xbox 360?

If it's an old 360 transferring to a new slim one, the HDD won't fit without taking it out of the caddy so you'll have to get a transfer cable. A local game store might have one you can 'rent' for an hour or two.

You can convert your local profile to an Xbox Live profile, though you might have to change the name if it's already in use.
Thema:

1. Transfer of old 360 (none live) profile to xbox one - Similar Threads - Transfer old 360

2. Is it possible for me to transfer over an old 360 account to my series X without knowing...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible for me to transfer over an old 360 account to my series X without knowing...: The account was made over a decade ago with my dad, it was under his old email address that he no longer has access too. So resetting the password isn't an option. We couldn't remember the old...
  3. Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...: I recently turned on my old Xbox 360 after 6 years and found out that I had a bunch of achievements from games I used to have, I would like to know if there is a way I can merge/ bring my gamer...
  4. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?: I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the...
  5. Xbox 360 "Choose New Avatar" Outfit/Prop Transfer from old avatar

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 "Choose New Avatar" Outfit/Prop Transfer from old avatar: If I want to make a new avatar on Xbox 360, will I have to repurchase all my outfits and props or will I still own them? c9116b31-f44b-4410-8c91-8f88c4585437
  6. Can't transfer my old xbox 360 account to my xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't transfer my old xbox 360 account to my xbox.: Hello, I have an account that i am having trouble logging into, as when i was younger i used to play on it alot, and i wish to log back onto it. I can go onto the xbox 360 and get into the...
  7. How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...: My old Xbox 360 (original release not S) was not working, so I removed the drive and purchased a used Xbox 360 S. I have the USB cable connected to the old drive plugged to the back of new console...
  8. How do I transfer my Xbox live membership from the old 360 to the one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I transfer my Xbox live membership from the old 360 to the one?: Hi , Can anyone tell me how to add my live membership to our new Xbox one console? Also, I know I have a Microsoft account but can't seem to find it? This is the one I set up for my son when he...
  9. transfer data from old xbox 360 to new xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    transfer data from old xbox 360 to new xbox 360: xbox 360 elite is dying. purchased new xbox360 500gb/go. what do I need to transfer and how do I do it? thanks, 918dac41-67fa-421c-ae0e-e9991387194d
  10. Wanted to transfer game saves to USB from old 360 to new 360, but USB un-formatted itself?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wanted to transfer game saves to USB from old 360 to new 360, but USB un-formatted itself?: Last night, I used a SanDisk 16GB USB drive to transfer over a couple of game saves from my old 360 to new one. I followed every single step on this website, and the xbox formatted the USB...