Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

Discus and support Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClaytonWebster II, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

Howdy,

I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC data of the game onto the EHD. I want to transfer my old game saves so that I don't have to scroll through them during my current replay of the game, but I want the possibility of recalling them if for some reason I want to. I would also like to save to the EHD the screenshots and saved video currently on the cloud via my XBOX One to the EHD. Is there a way of transferring (archiving) this data?

:)

ClaytonWebster II, Feb 11, 2024
  2. {james_lachlan_rober Win User

hard drive

As an idea for xbox one hard drives because they are internal and not external try plugging in an external drive to save or transfer all important games to external hard drive and leave not so important games onto internal drive
    that way you can take them anywhere and not have hard drive failures with xbox one.
  3. callumewingewing Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

The external hard drive was around 20% full. After the I formatted the external hard drive it went down to 0% as everything was uninstalled. Thing is i tried transfering Battlefield 1 from the internal hard drive to the now empty external hard drive and
    it started transferring. Battlefield 1 was one of the games that just stopped installing/transferring when i wanted to move from the internal to the external hard drive so i might of fixed the problem. Now i am just concerned that the games that were uninstalled
    will not have anyting saved and i will have lost everything.
  4. Zombiesniper911 Win User

Hitman 2 cannot access additional missions

So I did further investigation lol and learned that i don't have the digital version but the disc one. The missions that I deleted were the missions that come with the disc. So I have unplugged my external hard drive and am attempting to install the game
    onto the xbox hard drive. If this works is there any way I can transfer my saved games from my external hard drive to the xbox hard drive?
  5. luissolid Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

Hello

So some games on my xbox were non transfering from my internal hard drive to my extern hard drive. I tried a hard reset and plugged the external hard drive to a new USB port. These options didn't work. I then went to the external hard drive section in storage
    and clicked format hard drive. Understandably everything on there was uninstalled. My question is will my saved game data be there when I have reinstalled the games? For example story progression or unlocked characters?
    Hello welcome to to forums!

Just to clarify!

Your game save data are save on your local hard drive and on the cloud if you login on Xbox Live (online)

So don't worry you can delete the games on your external hard drive and the save data are safe on you local hdd or cloud. When you install the game again you will download automatically the save sada from the cloud or get the one of your hard drive!

Regards!
  6. whiteandshiny Win User

hard drive

As an idea for xbox one hard drives because they are internal and not external try plugging in an external drive to save or transfer all important games to external hard drive and leave not so important games onto internal drive
    that way you can take them anywhere and not have hard drive failures with xbox one.

Please don't revive threads from 4 years ago a lot has changed on the xbox one system OS so obviously information from 4 years ago is going to be out of date!
Thema:

Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

1. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive - Similar Threads - Transfer game saves

2. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  3. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  4. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  5. How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?: 2 months ago I created a new, alternate account to try out a free trial code for game pass a friend had given me(you can't use free trial's on existing accounts even if you've never had game pass...
  6. Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.: I am planning on buying Persona 5 royale in steam, after it was removed from Xbox Game Pass. I already invested a lot of time into the game when they removed it. i want to know if I can transfer...
  7. Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox: I wanted to try out Starfield on my Xbox One, so I gave cloud gaming a chance. The performance is okay but I really like the game, so Ibplan to upgrade to Series X. Is it possible to transfer my...
  8. Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?: So I recently purchased Astroneer on Steam and I'm wondering if I am able to transfer my progress from Xbox to the Steam game. I have nearly 100% completion on Astroneer on the Xbox-bought game...
  9. Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…: I have a problem that requires assistance. Recently, one of my Outlook accounts, which was linked to my gamer tag, got deleted due to inactivity. The system prompted me to log back into the...
  10. Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?: Everything I've read says game progress can't be moved between profiles. Is that still true if those profiles are within the family account? Mine being the main one, can I transfer to another...