Transfer Microsoft Gift Card funds to XBox child account

Discus and support Transfer Microsoft Gift Card funds to XBox child account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son got a $100 XBox gift card. I applied it to my Microsoft account, and I need to transfer the funds to his child account. I have him set up in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jason_340, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Jason_340
    Jason_340 Guest

My son got a $100 XBox gift card. I applied it to my Microsoft account, and I need to transfer the funds to his child account. I have him set up in the Microsoft "Family Safety" app... I don't want a $100 credit in my account - how do I transfer it to his??

:)

Jason_340, Nov 15, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Prepaid Code - Different regions

When you purchase an Xbox gift card, make sure that the currency you use matches the currency associated with the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will be unable to redeem the gift card.

If you redeem an Xbox gift card in a country that doesn’t match the country associated with your billing account, you won’t be able to use those funds.

The funds in your Microsoft account can’t be transferred after you redeem your Xbox gift card.

You can’t use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase physical goods from online stores.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Any way to gift 360 games or change account funds?

360 content can't be gifted and funds can't be transferred between accounts. You could get them an Xbox gift card to pay for it, but you wouldn't be able to use the funds from your account for that.
  4. ShandaParkinson Win User

This is horrible. My mother in law gave us a $100 gift card for Christmas to split equally between our 4 kids. We thought we could surely just divvy it out to each of their accounts that are under our family umbrella. They really want to buy the credit points for their rocket league accounts. I am learning it is not possible for us to move this money to their accounts. I cannot buy them each their own gift cards with the money to put on their accounts. I can't even gift buy the rocket league credits. What the???? Seriously. It is money and we are trying to use it. Why in the world can't we use it to buy something from your store no matter what it is?
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Unfortunately, a balance already applied to your account cannot be transferred, in fact, nothing can be transferred between Xbox Live accounts.

You can use that balance from your account to buy him something as a gift if you want to.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  6. Xx Goremez xX Win User

Account

Would like transfer fund into my grandson Microsoft account, it not family account.
    Hello, you are unable to transfer the funds directly to your grandson. You may however purchase a digital gift card that will provide a code that can be redeemed on the Microsoft Store, directly from your grandson's Xbox. I have provided two links. One in
    which you can purchase the digital gift card, and another that shows how to redeem codes.

Digital Gift Card

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-gift-card-digital-code/cfq7ttc0k61w

Redeem Codes

https://support-origin.xbox.com/es-EC/billing/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes
Thema:

1. Transfer Microsoft Gift Card funds to XBox child account - Similar Threads - Transfer Microsoft Gift

2. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  3. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  4. I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...: I had a Minecraft account with a username and password, which is apparently now not of use after the accounts got migrated to Microsoft accounts. I migrated my account but I do not remember...
  5. How do I transfer access to minecraft from one microsoft account to another?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer access to minecraft from one microsoft account to another?: Hi I am trying to close one microsoft account but my minecraft is still linked to it and I would like to transfer it to another account is that possible I feel like I should at least be able to...
  6. Can I transfer vbucks from my Microsoft account to my sons Epic account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer vbucks from my Microsoft account to my sons Epic account?: I was trying to redeem my sons Fortnite V-bucks card he bought and somehow it got loaded onto my Microsoft account instead of his Epic Account, eventhough I was on the Epic website. Is there a way...
  7. Transfer xbox profile to another microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer xbox profile to another microsoft account?: I created an Xbox profile on my microsoft account for my 8 year old son to use to plays games. He is 13 now and I want to transfer the xbox profile to his microsoft account so that he doesn't lose...
  8. How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account: My sons xbox account is under my microsoft account, as it was setup when he was young. He now wants to transfer this to his own account. I cannot believe the lack of foresight that nobody at...
  9. Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...: Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to my brothers account in uk? Game for Xbox one not yet downloaded 42f0f300-aa7d-428c-9a09-6ab666cced25
  10. Transfer of a gift Xbox game bought on a different Microsoft account to Xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of a gift Xbox game bought on a different Microsoft account to Xbox account: how can I transfer a gift Xbox game bought on a different Microsoft account to my Xbox account 8375eba7-40b6-4981-9d4f-eee0b68ff0ff