Transfer games with ethernet cable directly between xbox one xbox series x

Discus and support Transfer games with ethernet cable directly between xbox one xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've done this before but it's not working now. When I 1st got the xbox series x I was able to direct connect with an ethernet cable to increase... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Howard Radford, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Transfer games with ethernet cable directly between xbox one xbox series x

I've done this before but it's not working now. When I 1st got the xbox series x I was able to direct connect with an ethernet cable to increase transfer speed to 400 Mbps. It only took 1 hour to transfer over 100 GBs. Now it cant find the console with a direct connection and can only find it through wireless connection. I never had the consoles connected to the router and only connected to one another. Going through wifi my transfer speed is only 30 to 40 Mbps. So it's going to take an hour to transfer 15 GBs. I am not confused on what happened. It did work I know everything Im reading now says it can't happen but it most certainly did.

:)

Howard Radford, Jan 12, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Transferring games directly between Xbox One and Xbox Series X consoles using an Ethernet cable is a feature known as "console streaming." It is designed to allow you to play games on your Xbox Series X that you own on your Xbox One, without having to wait for the game to download to your new console. However, this feature can be somewhat finicky and may not always work as expected.

The reason it's not working now could be caused by a number of reasons, such as:

The Xbox Series X may have a newer firmware version that is not compatible with the Xbox One's version.

The ethernet cable may be faulty or not properly connected.

The Xbox Series X may have been connected to the internet in the meantime, and that broke the direct connection.

To try to resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

Check that both consoles are on the same network, and that the ethernet cable is properly connected to both consoles.

Check that the ethernet cable is not damaged or malfunctioning.

Check that both consoles are on the latest firmware version, and update them if necessary.

Make sure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on your mobile device as well.

Try to reset the network settings on both consoles by going to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Reset network settings.
  3. Kiran Bhandari1 Win User

EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?

On the EA website it says progress can transfer over between console families, just not cross-platform. Therefore, progress should transfer between Xbox One and Series X like other games.
  4. FlashNadezz sR Win User

FlashKill sR

i did that and there is a red x between the xbox and the ethernet cable
  5. Blackhawks1009 Win User

Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Im having the exact same issue with my Series X as DMcC1 though im using the modem/router provided by Spectrum Cable in western NY. Ethernet cable works fine on xbox one and any other device I connect it to, but when I connect it to the series X it will
    connect for about 2 seconds and then disconnect and tell me i dont have an ethernet cable plugged in. It then alternates between connecting for about 2 seconds and then disconnecting for a while and then repeats the process. Wireless connection seems fine.
    I guess im glad to know im not the only one.
  6. MarmiteOP Win User

Hotspot not working for series X/S

Hi

I have had similar problems with my sons series x dropping internet connection and the only way of curing this was connecting the console directly to the router with an Ethernet Cable. It now works with no issues. I hope this helps.

And to add my sons Xbox one worked perfectly on our WiFi with no issues but the series x has issues, I’ve no idea why it has these issues but the cable sorted it.

Marmite
Thema:

1. Transfer games with ethernet cable directly between xbox one xbox series x - Similar Threads - Transfer games ethernet

2. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  3. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  4. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  5. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?: So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that...
  6. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  7. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  8. Game Pass transfer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass transfer: I am close to hysteria and nearly crying. Please help. I got a brand new Xbox S as a present , and played it 3 days only. Today i can't log into my account as white screen appears. Literally...
  9. Progress bar won’t start when trying to transfer game to a hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Progress bar won’t start when trying to transfer game to a hard drive: I’m trying to move a game from my internal storage to my hard drive and it saying installing but when I check it it says “moving” and the percent stays at 0.0%. I don’t really know what else to...
  10. Transferred games from Xbox One to Xbox X will not play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferred games from Xbox One to Xbox X will not play?: Moved the game files over to my new console but now it says I need to repurchase the game? Is that typical? 24733bd6-5116-4d48-964c-67ab88070055