Transfer Gamertag/Data to a new Microsoft Account.

Discus and support Transfer Gamertag/Data to a new Microsoft Account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'll try to make this clear. I have had my Hotmail email address since possibly even before it was associated with Microsoft (if it hasn't always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SOAPY27, Oct 9, 2017.

1. SOAPY27
    SOAPY27 Guest

I'll try to make this clear. I have had my Hotmail email address since possibly even before it was associated with Microsoft (if it hasn't always been). Definitely had it in the early 2000s (the oldest email I can find is 2004, but I feel as though I had
    it before that).

Sometime around 2008 give or take, my parents bought my younger brother a XBOX 360. He didn't have an email address, so I let him use my hotmail address to play on his XBOX. I think he started with the XBOX live trial and eventually subscribed to gold. Having
    an "account" to play video games was something completely new to us at the time. He played on there for years with his XBOX account while I had nothing to do with it and continued using my hotmail email address as I always had.

Fast forward to 2017 and I want to buy an XBOX One S for myself and play it online with my Microsoft (Hotmail) account which is connected to my Windows 10 computer and all that. But when I was on the XBOX website, I see that my Microsoft account is still
    associated with his old XBOX Live info which I'm pretty sure he doesn't use anymore since he sold his XBOX 360.

I want to move all his info/Gamertag/achievements/etc to a separate Microsoft account that he can use at a later date if he so wishes, and use my Microsoft account for myself on the new XBOX One S I plan to buy. I've been trying to figure out how to do this
    online, but I'm not getting any straight answers. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

:)

SOAPY27, Oct 9, 2017
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Jheychh
    Jheychh Guest
    DLC transfers

On my new xbox I've redeemed my old account but I've changed the gamertag, I'm wanting to transfer games ext from my old xbox to the new one but the data is owned by my old gamertag can I still transfer from the old gamertag to my new one ??

Jheychh, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Transfer Gamertag/Data to a new Microsoft Account.

Hey there SOAPY27,

What you would need to do is change the email address on the account to something else. That will free it up for you to use on the new account you create.

How to Change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 10, 2017
  5. SOAPY27
    SOAPY27 Guest
    Mister Mascot,

Thanks very much for the reply. However, I don't think this solves my issue so I probably did not explain myself well.
    I need to transfer his XBOX account off my Microsoft account. I clicked the link you posted and it says this:

That would be very bad. I have around 15 or more years of emails associated with my hotmail email address and is my primary email. I have Microsoft office on my Microsoft account as well. I don't want to delete my Microsoft account and start a new one under
    the same name. I simply want to transfer (or even delete) my brother's XBOX account (the Gamertag (), downloads, etc) from my Microsoft Account.

Thanks for your assistance.

SOAPY27, Oct 10, 2017
  6. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    There is no way to transfer content/information from one MS account to another.

bowski477, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Ah, yeah as Bowski477 mentioned, this isn't possible. You can change the email address for login to free it up for another account, but transferring licenses/saves/dlc wouldn't be possible.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 11, 2017
  8. SOAPY27
    SOAPY27 Guest

How about deleting a gamertag and all the XBOX account data off my Microsoft account so I can start fresh? Is that possible?

It just seems crazy to me that because my brother used my HOTMAIL email address 8-years ago on XBOX 360 and is no longer using it, I can't use my Microsoft account for a brand new $300+ XBOX One S now. Am I supposed to create a new Microsoft account and
    have my XBOX account separate from all my other Microsoft products? This is the same situation as parents who put their kids LIVE accounts on their Microsoft account and now that kid is 10 years older and wants his own account because he's 22 and out of the
    house. This just seems very user unfriendly and is making me second guess buying an XBOX One if I'm going to have to sacrifice the whole inclusive experience with Microsoft products split across multiple accounts.

SOAPY27, Oct 14, 2017
  9. When a child account reaches the age of majority, it's automatically separated from the parent account. So that scenario shouldn't happen, since a new Microsoft Account is created for each child. Let's get you in touch with our chat/phone teams who can take
    a closer look at your account setup and see what options may be available for you. Unfortunately, we're limited to what we're able to do over the forums with accounts and billing situations. You can contact Official Xbox Support through either the live chat
    option (if available) or phone team
    HERE

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 1, 2018
  10. BaconisGood53 Win User

Transfer Game Data From One Account To Another

Game Data and purchases cannot be transferred between Microsoft accounts. If you make a new account, it will let you make a new gamertag but your data/purchases will still only be on your old one.
  11. Mister Mascot Win User

Thanks very much for the reply. However, I don't think this solves my issue so I probably did not explain myself well.
    I need to transfer his XBOX account off my Microsoft account. I clicked the link you posted and it says this:

"Note If you choose to remove an alias that uses a Microsoft domain such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or @live.com, that alias will be completely deleted and will not be available to sign in to any Microsoft services.

To remove the email address you no longer use to sign in to your account, select Remove next to that alias on the Manage your account aliases page, and then follow the instructions provided.

Important Do not remove this email address if you still want to use it to send and receive email messages.

That would be very bad. I have around 15 or more years of emails associated with my hotmail email address and is my primary email. I have Microsoft office on my Microsoft account as well. I don't want to delete my Microsoft account and start a new one under
    the same name. I simply want to transfer (or even delete) my brother's XBOX account (the Gamertag (SOAPY27), downloads, etc) from my Microsoft Account.

Ah, yeah as Bowski477 mentioned, this isn't possible. You can change the email address for login to free it up for another account, but transferring licenses/saves/dlc wouldn't be possible.

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  12. SOAPY27 Win User

Hey there ,

What you would need to do is change the email address on the account to something else. That will free it up for you to use on the new account you create.

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
    Mister Mascot,

"Note If you choose to remove an alias that uses a Microsoft domain such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or @live.com, that alias will be completely deleted and will not be available to sign in to any Microsoft services.

To remove the email address you no longer use to sign in to your account, select Remove next to that alias on the Manage your account aliases page, and then follow the instructions provided.

Important Do not remove this email address if you still want to use it to send and receive email messages.
    the same name. I simply want to transfer (or even delete) my brother's XBOX account (the Gamertag (), downloads, etc) from my Microsoft Account.

13. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there SOAPY27,

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  14. Mister Mascot Win User

How about deleting a gamertag and all the XBOX account data off my Microsoft account so I can start fresh? Is that possible?

It just seems crazy to me that because my brother used my HOTMAIL email address 8-years ago on XBOX 360 and is no longer using it, I can't use my Microsoft account for a brand new $300+ XBOX One S now. Am I supposed to create a new Microsoft account and
    have my XBOX account separate from all my other Microsoft products? This is the same situation as parents who put their kids LIVE accounts on their Microsoft account and now that kid is 10 years older and wants his own account because he's 22 and out of the
    house. This just seems very user unfriendly and is making me second guess buying an XBOX One if I'm going to have to sacrifice the whole inclusive experience with Microsoft products split across multiple accounts.
    When a child account reaches the age of majority, it's automatically separated from the parent account. So that scenario shouldn't happen, since a new Microsoft Account is created for each child. Let's get you in touch with our chat/phone teams who can take
    a closer look at your account setup and see what options may be available for you. Unfortunately, we're limited to what we're able to do over the forums with accounts and billing situations. You can contact Official Xbox Support through either the live chat
    option (if available) or phone team
    HERE

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
Thema:

1. Transfer Gamertag/Data to a new Microsoft Account. - Similar Threads - Transfer Gamertag Data

2. gamertag transfer process

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag transfer process: Hello, it would be great if there was a gamertag transfer process. For example, I have an Xbox account on a secondary Microsoft account, and I have my primary account with the Microsoft services I...
  3. How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?: Hello everyone. I have a question and a concern regarding what I'm about to do. I have two separate Microsoft email addresses (EM1 and EM2) EM1 (main), and EM2 (secondary) with two gamertags...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?: I would like to transfer my gamertag to another family member, then set up a new tag to run as my family admin and account profile, is this posible? 522ee1f7-dc77-43c6-aab3-a62bf7591a6e
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?: How do I transfer my gamertag to my son? When we first got the XBox we just used my email/profile because the kids didn't have email addresses or microsoft accounts yet. My son created his...
  8. Link (or transfer) Xbox Liva data and Gamertag to another acclount

in XBoX Accessibility
    Link (or transfer) Xbox Liva data and Gamertag to another acclount: Hi, a couple of years ago I did create my Xbox account (with an email address other than microsoft) and now I have Microsoft Live account, I want to transfer or link Xbox Live and Gamertag to my...
  9. (FH4) I changed my gamertag and the game data didn't transfer

in XBoX on Windows
    (FH4) I changed my gamertag and the game data didn't transfer: I've bought gamepass and have been playing Forza Horizon 4 on PC. I wanted to change my gamertag and profile pic and after which, I found that all my game progress had been deleted on Forza. I...
  10. Transfer gamertag and data to a family account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer gamertag and data to a family account: My son's gamertag was set up under my account. Is it possible to set him up as "family" and transfer his gamertag and xbox one data to that account under Family? thanks...