Transfer gamertag and data to a family account

Discus and support Transfer gamertag and data to a family account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son's gamertag was set up under my account. Is it possible to set him up as "family" and transfer his gamertag and xbox one data to that account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Redzer10, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Redzer10
    Redzer10 Guest

My son's gamertag was set up under my account.

Is it possible to set him up as "family" and transfer his gamertag and xbox one data to that account under Family?

thanks

:)

Redzer10, Mar 4, 2016
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Mar 4, 2016
  3. GTporsche
    GTporsche Guest
    Transfer GTA Online from one GT to another?

Not possible. It's transferable across generations, but not across accounts since the data is tied to the account.

GTporsche, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Is it possible to transfer save files to a different account (XB1)?

As stated game save data is locked to the gamertag/account and is non transferable.
  5. MerleDeSquirrel Win User

Transferring game data to another gamertag in family account

I understand that. The problem is that she has a lot of saved game content on my gamertag that she'd like to build on but can't unless she's logged into my profile. Jurassic park evolution, for instance, has hours of progress that she can only access when she's logged in as me. I'd like to transfer that to her gamertag so I can play something else while she builds on the progress she's made there.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

if you make her console your home console then she can use all the games you own and gold with her profile, you can the use all the games and gold on your console as long as you are signed in to xbox live.
  7. Farscape247 Win User

it's not possible, nobody can transfer save files as this stops cheating etc.

any games bought on your account just leave your account set as home on that console and any other profile can use any games purchased and gold etc.

as regards to acheivements they cannot be transferred.
  8. MerleDeSquirrel Win User

Okay, but can I play games on my console while my daughter plays game files saved under my profile on her console?
Thema:

1. Transfer gamertag and data to a family account - Similar Threads - Transfer gamertag data

2. gamertag transfer process

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag transfer process: Hello, it would be great if there was a gamertag transfer process. For example, I have an Xbox account on a secondary Microsoft account, and I have my primary account with the Microsoft services I...
  3. How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?: Hello everyone. I have a question and a concern regarding what I'm about to do. I have two separate Microsoft email addresses (EM1 and EM2) EM1 (main), and EM2 (secondary) with two gamertags...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?: I would like to transfer my gamertag to another family member, then set up a new tag to run as my family admin and account profile, is this posible? 522ee1f7-dc77-43c6-aab3-a62bf7591a6e
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?: How do I transfer my gamertag to my son? When we first got the XBox we just used my email/profile because the kids didn't have email addresses or microsoft accounts yet. My son created his...
  8. Link (or transfer) Xbox Liva data and Gamertag to another acclount

in XBoX Accessibility
    Link (or transfer) Xbox Liva data and Gamertag to another acclount: Hi, a couple of years ago I did create my Xbox account (with an email address other than microsoft) and now I have Microsoft Live account, I want to transfer or link Xbox Live and Gamertag to my...
  9. (FH4) I changed my gamertag and the game data didn't transfer

in XBoX on Windows
    (FH4) I changed my gamertag and the game data didn't transfer: I've bought gamepass and have been playing Forza Horizon 4 on PC. I wanted to change my gamertag and profile pic and after which, I found that all my game progress had been deleted on Forza. I...
  10. Transfer Gamertag/Data to a new Microsoft Account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Gamertag/Data to a new Microsoft Account.: I'll try to make this clear. I have had my Hotmail email address since possibly even before it was associated with Microsoft (if it hasn't always been). Definitely had it in the early 2000s (the...