Transfer gamer tag to my son

Discus and support Transfer gamer tag to my son in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, ive read several threads from 2017 and 2019, which appeared to be unresolved and i am in the same position; i want to find out if microsoft has... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nickhill766, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Nickhill766
    Nickhill766 Guest

Hi, ive read several threads from 2017 and 2019, which appeared to be unresolved and i am in the same position; i want to find out if microsoft has done anythimg to resolve this yet. I set up the xbox live account for my son years ago, using my microsoft
    account; im not a player, he is. he’s now grown up, and we want to transfer his gamertag, progress, licences, dlc to him; as stated by the fristrated folk before; surely this situation happens millions of times per year?

To be clear, i want and NEED to retain my Microsoft account, with its email address; i have too many other things dependent on that. Is there now a way to transfer the gamertag and all its associated progress etc; and if not, why not ?

:)

Nickhill766, Apr 5, 2020
  2. GAURANGUBHAYAKAR Win User

family group

Does my son's gamer tag stay on my account?

can I transfer the gamer tag to his own email?
  3. SammieChaos Win User

When you say "Microsoft account" are you referring to your email account associated with the Gamertag?

Maybe this link can help?

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

However, as mentioned before there isn't a way to just give the gamertag to someone else. But I feel that the link I provided may help.

If you need help or want to speak to someone who can help you better understand and walk you through it you can contact support via https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
  4. Smwutches Win User

The same answers given back then, would apply now. Nothing can be transferred between accounts. If he creates a new account, he will start over fresh.
  5. Nytwyng Win User

Converting offline account to Live account

After just letting it sit for a while, I was finally able to transfer the useless gamer tag created all those months ago to another account. "Aha!" I thought. "Progress!" Then, I logged into my son's offline account, chose the "Join Xbox Live" option...only
    to be told the account is already associated with another gamer tag. So, I go online, log into the bogus account, and the gamer tag was successfully transferred to it. Log out, log into son's account...and gamer tag shows up there, too. So, after almost
    three months STILL no resolution. And, I feel your pain, Ken8n...it's been suggested to me to give our 12 year old unfettered access through an adult account, too. Not gonna happen.
  6. Brittanica2320 Win User

Today I lost my love of Microsoft

It is not the first time the gamer tag was changed. It was my account tried to change it to my sons with his gamer tag not mine.
Thema:

1. Transfer gamer tag to my son - Similar Threads - Transfer gamer tag

2. Transfer game save data to another gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer game save data to another gamer tag: Hey! I got the new Hogwarts game and played a ton on it before realizing I was playing on my boyfriends account/gamertag. Is there a way to move that game save data to my account/gamertag? We have...
  3. How to transfer gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer gamer tag?: My brother and I have shared a single account for the past 5-6 years. I recently got my own and now we have to figure out what to do. He wants to keep the gamer tag but I want to keep the actual...
  4. Can I transfer my gamer tag to my kid?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I transfer my gamer tag to my kid?: So when I first set up Xbox a few years ago I used my account because my kids did not have their own. One kid has been playing on mine for a few years and has it linked with his friends. can I...
  5. Transfer Xbox gamer tag data to new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Xbox gamer tag data to new account: Hello, My son has been using my primary email aligned gamer tag for years and has accumulated status he wants to keep. He is now older and I want to transfer his data and status to a new account...
  6. Am I able to transfer any content from one gamer tag to another

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to transfer any content from one gamer tag to another: When I got my son Xbox I created everyone a account somewhere down the line my son started using my gamer tag with my email and made it his own…so what I’m asking is there a away room transfer his...
  7. Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email: Hi, Years ago I made my Gamertag under my dads email, which is an outlook account. Now I would like to transfer that GT over to my email (a Gmail account), without totally deleting my Dad's...
  8. Transfer gamer tag and saved data from main profile to another on same console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer gamer tag and saved data from main profile to another on same console: When my son got his Xbox one he hooked it up and signed in using his mom's Microsoft account. Before I realized he hadn't signed on using his account, he created a tag and was saving to the main...
  9. Transfer gamer tag to new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer gamer tag to new account: I created an account and gamer tag under my email years ago when my son was a minor. How can I transfer this gamer tag to my son now? I presume he must first create his own Microsoft account....
  10. How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?: I have been using my gamertag for 15 years on my Xbox360. The email it was set up and attached to is no longer available to me as it was an old work email. Xbox live sent a request (out of the...