Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.

Discus and support Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi ! I’m planning on buying a new Xbox series because I’m currently on the old Xbox One (gotta get ready for GTA 6 ;) ) and I was wondering if all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Beaudoin Léo, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.

Hi ! I’m planning on buying a new Xbox series because I’m currently on the old Xbox One (gotta get ready for GTA 6 Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive. ;) ) and I was wondering if all my data would be transferred without any problems to the new one ? Also I have a lot of games on an external hard drive and how do I transfer this hard drive to the new xbox ? Do I just plug it in the new one or is there something else I need to do in order to make it work without loosing my data ? Thanks a lot !

:)

Beaudoin Léo, Dec 6, 2023
  2. WILDMAN 69 XXX Win User

How to transfer everything from the Halo console to the GOW3 Console?

The data transfer cable will not plug into the Halo hard drive. The transfer cable evidently cannot tranfer dater from a console with an internal hard drive to another console with an internal hard drive. I will have to transfer my data to an older external
    hard drive, then transfer it to the Gears console. I just hope I do not lose any data.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox slim hard drive issues

Hi, you can transfer data from your old hard drive to the new one using the data transfer cable as described in the link below.

-

www.xbox.com/.../transfer

-

As for your question regarding external hard drives, no matter what size hard drive you get you can only use 16GB for your Xbox storage.

-

You could also use a USB flash drive to transfer your content but as you seem to have a lot to move I would recommend using the data transfer cable. Please ensure that if you do get the data transfer cable that it is a genuine Microsoft certified cable otherwise
    you can have all sorts of issues and end up with hard drives that will not work as Xbox hard drives.
  4. ShoeThiefRexyK9 Win User

Moving a game to a new console

Yes you will! If you have an external hard drive, transfer it to that, then, when you get your next gen console plug the hard drive into the USB port and transfer it from the external to the SSD hard drive that is in your new xbox to enjoy the speeds and
    benefits of the new console!
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

My xbox wont let me transfer to 120gb HDD

Was the data transfer cable you purchased the official Microsoft data tranfer cable?

If not then I'm afraid the hard drive that was formatted during the process will never work as an Xbox hard drive again, only as an external storage device.
  6. platinumacetric Win User

How do I perform a data transfer between two different Xbox One consoles? (Day One XB1 (500GB) to new COD XB1 (1TB)?

Easiest way is to attach a 500gb external USB 3.0 drive to the old console and move the data to the external drive, then connect that drive to the new console and transfer the data back, or just use the external
Thema:

Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.

1. Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive. - Similar Threads - Transfer data external

2. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  3. Data transfer xbox one x to xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Data transfer xbox one x to xbox series x: Do I need to fully set up new xbox series x with all my preferences and profile before i data transfer all data and games from xbox one x? 5cc4cc55-65f5-4ccd-8c0d-766423885727
  4. i have a game on xbox does the data transfer to xbox pc?

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have a game on xbox does the data transfer to xbox pc?: i bought assassins creed Valhalla back in 2020 and have all of the dlc but i recently sold my xbox so does the data transfer to the xbox pc app? d9a96fea-2401-4272-b4ab-80a4562425ea
  5. How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S: I’ve got an Xbox One S that won’t stay on, keeps rebooting itself. So I bought a new one and would like to find out how my data can be transferred from the old to the new? It doesn’t stay on long...
  6. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows...
  7. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  8. Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers: This has probably been asked before but. I own Hogwarts legacy Xbox one edition for my Xbox one. But I will soon be getting an Xbox series X and I know I can bring the Xbox one edition to series...
  9. Transfer Data from a account to other account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Data from a account to other account: No idea why but i have 2 microsoft accounts. It is possible to transfer the games (just FH4 ultimate Edition and save game dosnt mater) devices and shopping history to the other profile so i can...
  10. xbox turns off during network data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off during network data transfer: Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each...