Toxic players and broken report system

Discus and support Toxic players and broken report system in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The report system is broken. I have the ability to message whoever I want but If offend them in anyway I get reported and have the phantom enforcment... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by da strobinator, May 14, 2018.

1. Toxic players and broken report system

The report system is broken. I have the ability to message whoever I want but If offend them in anyway I get reported and have the phantom enforcment team throw bans on me. It would make sense if someone was using some kind of hate speech. But I’ve personally
    experience the opposite of this. I was reported and given a communication ban a few months back for using a curse word while messaging someone. The word wasn’t directed towards them but the report went through all the same. I’m 25 years old and I pay for this
    service. Why can’t I speak the way I want to? Why is it I’m given the ability to use these words and then punished for it? The whole thing just seems poorly balanced. The trend right now is to message someone and get them worked up enough so that when they
    do say something negative you can report them...why is this even being allowed. This is really just a long winded way of saying that the report system is being abused and exploited. Something needs to change.

:)

da strobinator, May 14, 2018
  2. Not Big Boss
    Not Big Boss Guest
    Reputation Status

s32.postimg.org/.../flawedrepsystem.png

And look at this screenshot too. Because of this unsyncing, broken system, I cannot make a case about my false accusations that I cheated, when I clearly have NOT cheated. But as they say it, "Know your enemy", I know how toxic players can cheat on some
    games, yet they get away with it while legitimate players who mind their own business (like me) get dipped into "Avoid Me" because they got flooded by reports of sore losers.

Not Big Boss, May 14, 2018
  3. UnderTheSeaa
    UnderTheSeaa Guest
    REP

Since I've been playing SMITE alot, toxic players normally report me. Might stay off it for while, thanks for your reply.

UnderTheSeaa, May 14, 2018
  4. Toxic players and broken report system

Hi,

When signed up for this service you agreed to abide by it's rules. These rules are legally binding.

Note: the examples below are just a few examples of Conduct prohibited by the Microsoft Code of Conduct. Just because something isn't on this list doesn't mean it's OK.)

• Don’t create, share, use or promote prohibited Content.
    • Don’t engage in illegal activity. For example, don't:
      • Threaten to physically hurt others
      • Spread lies about someone, a product, a business or a group
      • Post a nude photo knowing the subject of the photo meant for it to be kept private
      • Extort or otherwise threaten action unless you get something you want
    • Don’t harm or harass. For example, don't:
      • Engage in self-harm
      • Encourage violence against people or animals
      • Scream at, intimidate or bully others
      • Violate another person's privacy (e.g. share someone’s personal information like their home address)
      • Fail to protect your account, devices and personal information (e.g. lend your credentials, post your private information publicly, fail to supervise your devices)

Obsessive Power, May 15, 2018
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

When signed up for this service you agreed to abide by it's rules. These rules are legally binding.

Note: the examples below are just a few examples of Conduct prohibited by the Microsoft Code of Conduct. Just because something isn't on this list doesn't mean it's OK.)

• Don’t create, share, use or promote prohibited Content.
    • Don’t engage in illegal activity. For example, don't:
      • Threaten to physically hurt others
      • Spread lies about someone, a product, a business or a group
      • Post a nude photo knowing the subject of the photo meant for it to be kept private
      • Extort or otherwise threaten action unless you get something you want
    • Don’t harm or harass. For example, don't:
      • Engage in self-harm
      • Encourage violence against people or animals
      • Scream at, intimidate or bully others
      • Violate another person's privacy (e.g. share someone’s personal information like their home address)
      • Fail to protect your account, devices and personal information (e.g. lend your credentials, post your private information publicly, fail to supervise your devices)
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Communication ban

If people would use the system that Microsoft has in place to deal with toxic players there would be less toxic players on the system.

Microsofts system is:

1. Report the toxic behavior and their reputation will go down and they will then only be able to play with other toxic players.

2. Block the person- this will prevent you them from being paired either with you or against you in future online matches.

3. Mute the person- this will prevent them from being able to message you.

4. Choose to only receive messages from people that are on your friends list this will mean that you only receive messages or party invites from people that are on your friends list.
  7. Shadowskill08 Win User

Xbox not punishing hateful people on platform

When encountering toxic players who are directly attacking you, please make sure you are reporting the behavior. Never engage the toxic player, simply report, mute and block. The Xbox Enforcement team will take it from there.
  8. KhajiBower34 Win User

How do others don’t get banned when I report them on Xbox? Yet I get banned for saying a non expletive reply?

Hello Gabe B, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I regret and understand your concerns and frustrations regarding toxicity on Xbox Live.

Report inappropriate behavior: If you find a player behaving inappropriately or posting inappropriate content, you can report them. Be sure to choose the most accurate category when reporting, as this detail is important to ensure that the Xbox security team can properly investigate the issue.

Block or mute toxic players: You can mute or block toxic players to avoid receiving messages, game invites, and group invites from them.

Adjust privacy settings: You can adjust your account privacy settings to control who can contact you and view your online activity.

Report Toxic Streamers: If you find a streamer who is toxic and actively posting about their toxicity and harassment, you can report them.

Remember that Xbox takes the safety and well-being of its players very seriously. Although it may seem like toxic players face no consequences, Xbox has a system to handle violations and take disciplinary action when necessary.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
  9. LtLogicon Win User

Greifing in rdr2

It's just how online systems work, almost like the real world. Report to Microsoft and do not retaliate. Move servers or exit the session. There will always be toxic players and trolls, it is just the luck of the draw.
Thema:

1. Toxic players and broken report system - Similar Threads - Toxic players broken

2. Xbox live is filled with toxic players.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox live is filled with toxic players.: I'm not a PvPer, I never have been much for it, now I'm older and just dont have the reaction times for it. So I avoid online games, but recently I started playing Sea of Thieves. Its free on...
  3. Xbox comm banned me for saying "g" in chat towards toxic r6 players why?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox comm banned me for saying "g" in chat towards toxic r6 players why?: Playing r6 anymore sucks, id argue more then dead by daylight to a degree. But today after saying my usual gg to the sweaty trolls in the game I realized I was banned for 8 days on Xbox for saying...
  4. Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.: I was punished for his very toxic harassing behavior to me and my team saying a bunch of slurs and dumb typical trash talk stuff. He then messages me making fun of me, calling me, trash and...
  5. Why am I still receiving sign in notifications from a very toxic player I have BLOCKED?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I still receiving sign in notifications from a very toxic player I have BLOCKED?: I have unfriended and BLOCKED a toxic gamer, but I still get notifications EVERY SINGLE TIME they sign in. I have tried turning notifications off and on. I have tried removing the block and...
  6. Toxic player in my party

in XBoX Accessibility
    Toxic player in my party: Hi everyone! About 1 month ago a player was calling me blind and deaf as insults in party chat (not messages). Is it still possible to report this person or is it too late since it was a month...
  7. I reported a toxic player

in XBoX Accessibility
    I reported a toxic player: As the title says, I reported a toxic player who was being toxic in the in-game text c hat. Its been over a month and he is not banned. Should I have just reported him through that specific game...
  8. Who is toxic? player being banned or the 100k players reporting there rival they hate...

in XboX Insiders
    Who is toxic? player being banned or the 100k players reporting there rival they hate...: When you don't care about your responsibility as a service to keep your customers safe in the cyber space,How can you then use freedom speech the excuse to let your employee's join in on the...
  9. Toxic player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Toxic player: Was in a game with a toxic player that goes by the name [Mod removed]. Was in god mode and has a clearly offensive name but for some reason reports won’t go through. Any way I can get this person...
  10. Toxic player with offensive name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Toxic player with offensive name: A few months ago I joined a game with a player named SchoolShootrrV2 on Grand Theft Auto V. As you do, I was selling cargo and bam I got obliterated with no remorse. I then message him asking for...