Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

Discus and support Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TheTjalian, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

Hi all,

Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can navigate through the dashboard. Yet, as soon as I'm in a game, nothing happens. Is there any reason why this is the case?

Currently streaming from an Xbox Series X, public stable build (non-insider build), using the Xbox Beta app.

submitted by /u/TheTjalian
    [link] [comments]

/u/TheTjalian, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Tristen Onofry Win User

Xbox remote play with touch controls like cloud gaming

It should be because we know that Xbox consoles have a way to stream the games from the same servers as the mobile apps which support touch screen controls. The Xbox remote play could switch the control inputs by sending a message to the server through the Xbox console when you connect with the Xbox app on your mobile device or the game pass app for PC at least. This would allow touch screens to be another avenue for developers to make more accessibility features for their games. Also, the TV stick is around the corner. What would be a great idea for the TV stick is to have the remote play to work with the stick to allow you to play touch screen games without a controller and have less lag when playing. Since the consoles are not able to get touch screen support for a device can you guys add the support to the remote play feature of the Xbox app for mobile devices and PCs?
  3. Tristen Onofry Win User

Xbox remote play with touch controls like cloud gaming

It was an idea for the Xbox app. The touch screen controls will act like a button in an Xbox controller when you connect it to Bluetooth while playing remote with your own Xbox.
  4. ngocphi Win User

How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

The controls are remapped on cloudplay on certain games

Vs remote play it requires a normal.controller

Touch screen isn't supported on remote.play on the old Xbox 360 but that was limited to. smart glass which allows your phone to be used as a mouse .not a second screen
  5. CarTzy Win User

Where did it go Xbox remote play had touch controls 11/14/2023

Hello Fenier91,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Xbox remote play touch controls. I don't have access to information about any tests or changes made to Xbox remote play touch controls. However, I can suggest a few troubleshooting steps that may help resolve the issue.

First, please make sure that your Xbox remote play app is up to date. You can check for updates in the App Store.

If the app is up to date, try restarting your phone and then launching the app again.

If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If your gyro axis is inverted 90 degrees, ensure that your device’s orientation lock has been turned off.

Touch controls won’t appear if the game isn’t properly displayed. To fix this:

1. Make sure your device is in landscape mode.
    2. Maximize your browser or app window, if applicable.
    3. Check your device’s screen magnification settings and reduce if necessary.
    4. Update the Game Pass or Xbox app.
    If these solutions don’t fix the problem, you may need to use a device with a bigger screen.

Use Xbox touch controls with cloud gaming or remote play | Xbox Support

If none of these steps work, please contact Xbox support for further assistance. They will be able to provide more specific information about any changes or tests that may have been made to Xbox remote play touch controls.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you use touchscreen controls on remote play?

No. Only games which have been given touch screen support can be played from the Cloud gaming service. All you are doing is streaming your game from your console, using the remote play feature. So you will need a bluetooth controller to play on your mobile or tablet.
Thema:

Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

1. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game - Similar Threads - Touch screen controls

2. xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection: im in xbox insider for cloud gaming keyboard on pc it was working great a couple of weeks ago untill recentley when i play fortnite it shows the touch screen instead of the console version which...
  3. Xbox ap touch screen controls

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox ap touch screen controls: Show my Xbox app recently updated. And now it, it's displaying the touch screen controls When I don't connect a Bluetooth device even though I'm close enough to My Xbox where I don't need to...
  4. How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...: So I’m trying to play Fortnite on an iPad Pro through Xbox cloud gaming . I’ve been able and to play the game with a wireless Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth to the iPad Pro and play...
  5. can i disable the touch screen like the first option controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i disable the touch screen like the first option controller?: i have a chromebook with touch screen , when i try to play fortnite with my xbox controller bluetooth, take first the touch screen & the xbox controller remain unconfigurable...
  6. My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls: I play Minecraft Dungeons with a hat pointer. Which is a stylus attached to a rod, which is attached to my hat. I try to play other games on the Xbox Cloud Gaming system, but the games don't have...
  7. My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls: I play Minecraft Dungeons with a hat pointer. Which is a stylus attached to a rod, which is attached to my hat. I try to play other games on the Xbox Cloud Gaming system, but the games don't have...
  8. What games are touch screen compatible for Xbox game pass mobile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What games are touch screen compatible for Xbox game pass mobile: I would like to know how many games are touch screen compatible on the Xbox game pass app (Beta),to play on phone? f64dbc03-c6d4-458c-92f0-6e0c7b87b9c5
  9. Touch Screen Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Touch Screen Control: Dear Gaming community, I wanted to talk about a little bit of myself. I am a person who has a disability and it is really difficult to find console games with touch screen controls in the gaming...
  10. Touch Screen Movements Broken in Latest Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Touch Screen Movements Broken in Latest Update: Touch screen movements are broken, and am not able to play. happened in the last 24 hours. not sure what updated but it is very broken. 4689eb5c-d14b-487f-81d8-4d55e96cee97