Touch controls no longer appear Fortnite Xbox Cloud Gaming

Discus and support Touch controls no longer appear Fortnite Xbox Cloud Gaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the past several months, I have been able to play Fortnite through Xbox Cloud Gaming with touch controls. Today, I launched it and it worked. After... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Teddy Gaming, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Teddy Gaming
    Teddy Gaming Guest

For the past several months, I have been able to play Fortnite through Xbox Cloud Gaming with touch controls. Today, I launched it and it worked. After a while, I accidentally closed it, so I took a break. After that, when I launched it, the UI was laid out like on PC and Console, instead of mobile. I went into a Battle Royale and there were no mobile controls. I couldn't even turn the camera. I don't wanna go through the trouble of buying a controller, and I already tried restarting.

:)

Teddy Gaming, Jan 6, 2023
  2. Teddy Gaming Win User

Thanks for your time, turns out it must be an issue with the cookies, since I fixed it twice by clearing data
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the touch controls in Fortnite on Xbox Cloud Gaming. There could be a few different issues causing this problem.

Make sure that touch controls are enabled in the game. In Fortnite, you can enable touch controls by going to the "Settings" menu, selecting "Controls," and then selecting "Touch." From here, you can customize the touch controls and make sure that they are enabled.

Check that touch controls are enabled in the Xbox Cloud Gaming app. To do this, go to the "Settings" menu in the app, select "Controls," and then make sure that "Touch" is selected as the control scheme.

Restart the Xbox Cloud Gaming app and try again. Sometimes, simply restarting the app can resolve issues with touch controls.

Check for updates to the Xbox Cloud Gaming app or Fortnite. Sometimes, updates can fix bugs or other issues that might be causing problems with touch controls. To check for updates, go to the "Settings" menu in the Xbox Cloud Gaming app, select "System," then "console info & updates," and then select "check for updates."
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Check to make sure that you are using a device that is compatible with Xbox Cloud Gaming and that you have a strong and stable internet connection.

Make sure that you are signed in to your Microsoft account on both your mobile device and your Xbox console.

Try restarting both your mobile device and your Xbox console.

If you are using a third-party controller with your mobile device, try connecting it to your device and see if that resolves the issue.

If none of these steps are successful, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox Cloud Gaming app on your mobile device.
  5. Teddy Gaming Win User

I think you misunderstood my issue. The cloud assumes that I'm using a controller, and changes the entire user interface where the buttons are at the top like on PC and Console, but on mobile, it should be at the bottom. I can navigate the interface with touch, but in an actual BR lobby, I am given no controls. This is extremely stupid, since another person could play just fine.

Layout I should get while playing with mobile controls on Xbox Cloud Gaming

[​IMG]

Layout I get instead

[​IMG]
  6. JunaaydShaikh121 Win User

Touch controls don’t work no matter how much I tap in Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Keep in mind it's only a few games that support touch

Most games support controllers only

Fortnite isn't one of the games that support touch

https://www.androidcentral.com/every-game-touch-controls-xbox-game-pass-android

It's unlikely a PvP shooter would support touch as it requires fast reaction and sensitivity you don't get with touch but with controllers

Most of the games are pve with the exception of rts games or gears 5
    Fortnite does work with touch. It says “Play with Touch” in Xbox Cloud Gaming
Thema:

1. Touch controls no longer appear Fortnite Xbox Cloud Gaming - Similar Threads - Touch controls longer

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...
  4. Xbox ap touch screen controls

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox ap touch screen controls: Show my Xbox app recently updated. And now it, it's displaying the touch screen controls When I don't connect a Bluetooth device even though I'm close enough to My Xbox where I don't need to...
  5. The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely: Would add photos but can’t lol. It seems you can play any game from your libary with touch inputs, BUT you still need a controller for most streaming games. Strange. submitted by...
  6. How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?: I have been trying to play my Xbox games through the app on the go but the touch controls won’t show up. It just shows a banner saying I need to connect a controller. I have updated the app and my...
  7. Touch HUD problem with Xbox cloud controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Touch HUD problem with Xbox cloud controller: When i join games in fortnite i get the touch HUD even thow i am playing with controller on xbox cloud and i dont know how to remove them ? Can someone help me [img]...
  8. How can I remove touch controls when playing Fortnite on cloud gaming when I have a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I remove touch controls when playing Fortnite on cloud gaming when I have a...: I have tried everything that I could find in replies to similar questions but nothing is working, please help. 5cee474a-1a6f-42b7-8834-172fc716950d
  9. I'm using a controller on Xbox Cloud gaming Fortnite, but I have touch controls on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm using a controller on Xbox Cloud gaming Fortnite, but I have touch controls on my...: I've tried everything and I've looked through all of the settings in Fortnite, but I still can't get the touch controls off my screen when I'm using a controller. This makes me lag and makes the...
  10. How do I get Fortnite Touch Controls to go away?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get Fortnite Touch Controls to go away?: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, I play on Fortnite Cloud Gaming on my laptop, I have done so for a long time, and CAN NOT get the touch controls to go away. I have never had this issue before....