totally lost my account, it says i dont have one when i totally made one

Discus and support totally lost my account, it says i dont have one when i totally made one in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so i got hacked i'm pretty sure, i logged into my laptop and the account i logged in with was a different one. i deleted that account off my computer,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by xander doerner, Jun 6, 2023.

1. totally lost my account, it says i dont have one when i totally made one

so i got hacked i'm pretty sure, i logged into my laptop and the account i logged in with was a different one. i deleted that account off my computer, deleting all my stuff along with it. totally heartbroken. whatever that's not what this is about. anyways, i'm trying to get my laptop back to normal, and i tried to log into minecraft of course. now, i know good and well i made a microsoft account with the email, i have emails on that account from microsoft dating back to march of last year. however, trying to sign into minecraft with that email made it say "this email doesnt have an account" or something. i made an account using that email, thinking it'd fix it, but it didn't, in fact i think it made the problem way worse. so now its saying i dont have minecraft on either of my accounts, the one im writing this on or the new one. i really can't afford to buy minecraft again, and itd be so terrible to me if i had to just stop playing it. please PLEASE help

heres proof of me having old microsoft emails, it wont let me upload the actual picture for some reason

oh also, before i made the new account using the email, i DID try the recovery thing. however it said the same thing, that the account didnt exist. trying it after just.. sent me to the new account i had to make. so please dont tell me to do that

:)

xander doerner, Jun 6, 2023
  2. xander doerner Win User

ah i'm very sorry for wording things wrong/incorrectly!! yes it is the email linked with my original account, the hacker did not change my password so I can still access it. it is not the one for the new account I had to make. hope this clears it up! again, thank you very much for taking the time to help me!
  3. Rostom L Win User

Thank you for the additional information, xander. Sorry but I'm a bit confused. You mentioned on your original post that you created a new account with your email address which means that you can login now to a new Microsoft account using your email address. So if you perform an account recovery or password reset using that same email address, it's like you're only recovering the new account?

With this 30-day waiting period for security information change, did you use a different email address? Is it the correct email address linked to your original account? I wonder if it's only linked to your newly created account.
  4. xander doerner Win User

thank you so much for your reply!! i tried recovering the account two times now, but it keeps saying i didn't provide enough information. i really never did much with the account, just used it for minecraft, so there isnt exactly a lot of info i could give. (just tried it again using my gamertag, said its on cooldown now!! blegh) luckily, the hacker didn't change my password it seems? just the email for the account, so that's very convenient for me!! but my new question is, what do i do now? i tried linking the account with my phone number, but microsoft has those 30 day security information things, so idk. was this the right move? and what should i do after this? so sorry to make you answer more questions!!
  5. Rostom L Win User

Got it. Thank you. If it's your correct account that you're trying to make a security change which will be updated after 30 days, then you really have to wait for it because that's the procedure of changing your account security information if you don't have access to the current info attached to your account for security purposes. After 30 days and no one has cancelled your request, then your new security info will be updated and you will be able to access your account.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi xander!

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Just to set your expectation, due to our account safety and security, only us the account owners have the ability to recover our accounts and verify their ownership. Even a Microsoft Support cannot recover our accounts on our behalf because they're protected by the security information we have setup on our accounts which we only have access to.

I believe that your account information was replaced already
    by the hacker including your primary email address and its security information. If so, you cannot use your own email address to recover your account. You must know the current email address of your account which must be the hacker’s email address to start the account recovery process. Without it, you cannot start the recovery process because it's now the primary key of your account.

I suggest that you check again your mailboxes (inbox, spam/junk, trash folders) to find traces of the new email address that's currently linked to your original account. If the account was added to an Xbox console, it would be best to check it from there too.

If you find the correct email (hacker's email used to replace your original email), please use it as the account you're trying to get back into in filling out the account recovery form.

Thank you!
Thema:

1. totally lost my account, it says i dont have one when i totally made one - Similar Threads - totally lost account

2. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  3. how to report totally broken games on the xbox store

in XboX Insiders
    how to report totally broken games on the xbox store: anybody know a way to report totally broken games? (aside from refund requests, most people hoped for patches and exceeded refund-time-limit)...
  4. Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...: Pretend I know NOTHING about xbox but I want to play Saints Row by myself in my home. I have purchased an xbox. Now what else do I need? Internet connection? Membership? Etc etc...
  5. All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now": All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having trouble getting your stuff right now" It was showing my games i owned and had downloaded. However, all games i owned and did not...
  6. My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it: My microsoft account got breached today at 00:17 and i got three emails, the first saying "Microsoft account security info was added" which in the first, it said my email had been changed to a...
  7. Lost total access to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost total access to my account: Hello there! I need some help the situation is the following I bought a new phone and I got a new number (cancelled the previous) now I forgot my gmail accounts password and when trying to...
  8. Progression lost twice! 18+ hours total- a waste...need for speed payback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Progression lost twice! 18+ hours total- a waste...need for speed payback: Purchased need for speed for my new xbox one X In the beginning of December I lost all my progress after about 9 hours of gameplay. after deciding it was just a minor bug-and that I also enjoy...
  9. lost points total in Jackpot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lost points total in Jackpot: As of 12/17 the points total for Microsoft Jackpot is gone. The game loads as if it were the first visit. Will there be a fix? 0879c8f4-edf2-498c-8709-345a7f94c0d3
  10. Lost daily award total for October

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost daily award total for October: On the 30h of October 2014 I achieved the diamond award, however on the 31st October I suddenly had lost all awards and was 'credited' with having played only one game. Has anyone else had this...