Total War: Warhammer III on Game Pass for PC won't start

Discus and support Total War: Warhammer III on Game Pass for PC won't start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've had Warhammer 3 installed on my Game Pass for around a month now. In all this time, the game has ever only been able to start twice. When I click... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zakkon, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Zakkon
    Zakkon Guest

I've had Warhammer 3 installed on my Game Pass for around a month now. In all this time, the game has ever only been able to start twice.

When I click play on the Xbox app (PC), the game doesn't start (no launcher, no loading screen, nothing), and I'm instead given an error message popup saying:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\18793CreativeAssemblyLtd.TotalWarWarhamme...\launcher.exe

The process has no package identity."

Like I said, this error has been consistent for the time I've had it installed. The game has only ever launched correctly twice (random luck).

What I've tried:

-Reinstalling the game (worked one time, hasn't worked for the last 2 attempts)

-Disabling antivirus (it was on the times it worked, so I don't think its responsible)

-Turning off Gaming Mode on Windows 10

-Turning off the Xbox app, and terminating all tasks and services having anything to do with Xbox

-Starting the launcher.exe file manually (throws the same error)

I assume this to be some sort of bug on the Xbox app end, so I've held off asking for help and assumed a fix was already on the way.

However, as of today I noticed something odd. The error message points to the C: drive of my computer, whereas the game is actually installed on the H: drive.

I tried reinstalling the game onto the H: drive, but sadly that did not have any effect. I'm guessing that Xbox somehow still believes the game to be installed on the C: drive?

Either way, I'm stuck. What can I do to get the game running again?

:)

Zakkon, Sep 4, 2022
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jacob!

Are you on Windows 10 or Windows 11? Does the issue only occur to that game? How about your other Xbox games?

I suggest as well that you try the suggested steps from the thread below as it relates to the same game.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Zakkon

Can you try moving the game to the C: drive to see if you're able to start it finally?

This helps us to isolate a bit more the issue
  4. Francia J. Win User

I bought the king and the warlord dlc for warhammer 3. The order history checks out and gamepass says i own it. i cannot actually access this content in game

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor here to help you with your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Please sign out on your Microsoft Store and Xbox App, then restart your PC before signing back in. After that check if it will be accessible inside your game Total War: Warhammer III (Mortal Empires).
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Anything like AoE on Xbox 1?

Other option would be to invest (love how I call buying a gaming PC an investment) in a gaming laptop. I bought mine from a company called SCAN, and it runs Total War: Warhammer just perfect.

Speaking of which, Warhammer is without doubt, the best RTS game out there at the moment.
  6. Villarino Win User

Greatest battle

A few in the old days playing Age of Empires mitology and recently another RTS , the Warhammer total war
Thema:

1. Total War: Warhammer III on Game Pass for PC won't start - Similar Threads - Total War Warhammer

2. Total War Warhammer 3 not recognizing other games and paid content from steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Total War Warhammer 3 not recognizing other games and paid content from steam: Hi, I recently got myself the Pc game pass and downloaded Warhammer 3. When I go to the immortal empires campaign, half of the races are locked because it says that I don't own the content (like...
  3. Total War Warhammer 3 - can't start campagin

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Total War Warhammer 3 - can't start campagin: Hello Game starts, i can see menu, i can start and play skirmish battles, everythikng works. But i can't start campagin, every time i see loading screen, then cinematic, and after it ends game...
  4. I bought both Chaos Warriors and Champions of Chaos DLCs for Total War: Warhammer 3. Now I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought both Chaos Warriors and Champions of Chaos DLCs for Total War: Warhammer 3. Now I...: I bought both Chaos Warriors and Champions of Chaos DLCs for Total War: Warhammer 3. Played with them, then went away for some hours and when I came back I couldn't use the DLC features. I deleted...
  5. Total War: Warhammer III on Game Pass for PC won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Total War: Warhammer III on Game Pass for PC won't start: I've reinstalled the game twice and both times the game works on first startup then will not start again. displays this message C:\Program...
  6. Why do Total war Warhammer 3 that I downloaded twice have no text in it at all only empty...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do Total war Warhammer 3 that I downloaded twice have no text in it at all only empty...: I downloaded Total war warhammer 3 via gamepass on my pc, and when I started it up I realised that past the launcher there was no text in the game. All the menu's had empty text boxes, and the...
  7. I can' update latest version of Total War Warhammer 3 on Xbox GamePass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can' update latest version of Total War Warhammer 3 on Xbox GamePass: I am trying to connect my friends on multiplayer to play with them but my game crashing all time. I checked my version (1.0.1765.0) and its old version. My friends versions are latest version...
  8. Total War Warhammer 3 not recognising purchased content.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Total War Warhammer 3 not recognising purchased content.: Hello, got Total War Warhammer 3 through game pass on pc, and bought the other 2 games to unlock other content. Worked and I could access it for about a week before being blocked out, game tells...
  9. Total War: Warhammer 3 download speed drops to 0B/S at 54%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Total War: Warhammer 3 download speed drops to 0B/S at 54%: When downloading this game, the process stops at 54% as download speed drops to zero. I have aborted the download, flushed the cash/ran WSReset, restarted, tried two different drives, opened MS...
  10. Total war: Warhammer 3 issue with launching

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Total war: Warhammer 3 issue with launching: Hi, I'm strugling with TW: Warhammer 3. Tried to launch it, but it freez on first screen (with company names, etc). When alt+tab than crashes. Seems that I've got more than minimum requirements...