Total data usage 491.3TB

Discus and support Total data usage 491.3TB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has to be a glitch, but why is it glitching? 174cd90a-6aa5-4f9e-a573-1425c05ce3ef Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KVs Rule ALL, Oct 22, 2017.

1. KVs Rule ALL
    KVs Rule ALL Guest

Total data usage 491.3TB

Has to be a glitch, but why is it glitching?

:)

KVs Rule ALL, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Matheskew
    Matheskew Guest
    Unexplained bandwidth usage

Today I noticed a huge spike in data usage through my internet service. After some searching, I discovered my Xbox One was the culprit. According to the bandwidth usage page under network statistics, It used approximately 68 GB total, averaging about 18
    GB per hour for almost four hours. I was online at the start of this usage, but most of it occurred while I was offline. This amount of usage is beyond anything that would incur from streaming, so it must have been a download. However, I did not start
    any download and nothing new has appeared on my console. Is there a way to figure out what this data usage was for? This accounts for nearly 7% of my monthly data allowance, so I am a little upset about this usage which appears to have been for nothing.

Matheskew, Oct 22, 2017
  3. braveindian
    braveindian Guest
    When I try to process a self service refund I get the a usage data error.

I recently was added to the Self Service refund program via a Xbox Live message. So I went to refund my first game through my Microsoft Order History page but it's giving me the usage data error. This is for Dark Souls Remastered. I tried opening the game
    to see if opening the game would register usage data and fix the issue but it didn't fix it. It was for about a min total. Any idea how to fix this issue?

braveindian, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Total data usage 491.3TB

Have you been downloading a number of games/movies lately?

Have you disconnected it from your network to see if that is the device that is causing it?

Do you have a number of users that could be streaming everything (including having videos auto-play in some phone apps/websites)?

Is your network secured, as in could someone have figured out how to get on your network and started downloading movies/games? (Had this happen with a stolen mi-fi unit and caught it just before it went over the data plan of the
    month).

If you can supply some additional info, maybe we can help figure out what's going on.

Mistress Sara, Oct 22, 2017
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Total data usage 491.3TB

Have you been downloading a number of games/movies lately?

Have you disconnected it from your network to see if that is the device that is causing it?

Do you have a number of users that could be streaming everything (including having videos auto-play in some phone apps/websites)?

Is your network secured, as in could someone have figured out how to get on your network and started downloading movies/games? (Had this happen with a stolen mi-fi unit and caught it just before it went over the data plan of the
    month).

If you can supply some additional info, maybe we can help figure out what's going on.
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

How much data does the xbox use?

Data usage is going to vary from user to user, depending on the individuals use.

While data usage for initial setup would be minimal, the downloading of games can eat up data rather quickly. With many games being in the 50 GB range, some can be as high as 100+ GB each. Apps, web browsing, TV/Movie streaming etc. will all contribute to
    total usage... it doesn't take long to add up.
  7. braveindian Win User

When I try to process a self service refund I get the a usage data error.

I recently was added to the Self Service refund program via a Xbox Live message. So I went to refund my first game through my Microsoft Order History page but it's giving me the usage data error. This is for Dark Souls Remastered. I tried opening the game
    to see if opening the game would register usage data and fix the issue but it didn't fix it. It was for about a min total. Any idea how to fix this issue?
  8. Miss Ermine Win User

Data usage

Hey there! I did a little searching and I can't find the official answer (if there is one) but I'm seeing most other players estimating it between .5-1 gig an hour. You might try clocking the speed on your current network to see what it really looks like
    more accurately. You can also try in the game-specific forums over here and see if any players know for sure! Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 -
    Forum.

Hope this helps!
  9. II Hylander Win User

data usage

I have a a little less Gigs then you but I play quite a lot and I don't usually go over the limit don't even get close to going over.
Thema:

Total data usage 491.3TB

1. Total data usage 491.3TB - Similar Threads - Total data usage

2. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  3. how to report totally broken games on the xbox store

in XboX Insiders
    how to report totally broken games on the xbox store: anybody know a way to report totally broken games? (aside from refund requests, most people hoped for patches and exceeded refund-time-limit)...
  4. Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...: Pretend I know NOTHING about xbox but I want to play Saints Row by myself in my home. I have purchased an xbox. Now what else do I need? Internet connection? Membership? Etc etc...
  5. All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now": All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having trouble getting your stuff right now" It was showing my games i owned and had downloaded. However, all games i owned and did not...
  6. My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset: I logged into MSN today to play the game and my progress is completely wiped. I tried relogging and checking and it's still gone. I clicked on another game that I've played and that was perfectly...
  7. If I redeem points for separate gift cards will the total value just be accumulated in my...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I redeem points for separate gift cards will the total value just be accumulated in my...: Does cash accumulate in your microsoft account when you redeem gift cards at separate times? 6bf60040-16c2-45d8-9c66-237b945045ed
  8. How can I get locally saved data on totally accurate battle simulator back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get locally saved data on totally accurate battle simulator back?: I had recently factory reset my Xbox to play on a newer version but when I downloaded a game called totally accurate battle simulator, the custom content I had did not save. It was saved locally...
  9. My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it: My microsoft account got breached today at 00:17 and i got three emails, the first saying "Microsoft account security info was added" which in the first, it said my email had been changed to a...
  10. Does reserved space data and the total of savings cause the percent of storage to increase?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does reserved space data and the total of savings cause the percent of storage to increase?: Hello, I'd like to ask a question concerning storage data on Xbox One. The console has 365 GB, but I have 260 GB/ 28% of storage space, which is plenty enough space but then sometimes, I wonder...