TOTAL BEGINNER

Discus and support TOTAL BEGINNER in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just purchased a XBOX ONE X - to connect to my new Samsung QLED TV. I have not owned a game console since 'INTELIVISION' - go ahead and look it up ! :)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KevinRev, Nov 18, 2019.

1. KevinRev
    KevinRev Guest

TOTAL BEGINNER

Just purchased a XBOX ONE X - to connect to my new Samsung QLED TV. I have not owned a game console since 'INTELIVISION' - go ahead and look it up ! TOTAL BEGINNER :) I refuse to tell you my age! TOTAL BEGINNER :)

My question is I have 3 controllers and a few games, but for the most part they are single player only. What games or type of games are available that 2 maybe 3 people can participate in on a single console? What buzzwords do I use to search for those type
    of games?

Thanks in advance folks!

Kevin

:)

KevinRev, Nov 18, 2019
  2. KevinRev Win User

TOTAL BEGINNER

Wow - Thank you for all that information! It is appreciated---- Thanks Again!!
  3. Swift Oldboy Win User

TOTAL BEGINNER

Welcome to the Xbox Community! Everyone has answered your question but I just wanted to greet you, if you have any other questions about the console please feel free to ask! The community and ambassadors are very helpful and friendly!
  4. Nolan Coker Win User

TOTAL BEGINNER

Borderlands the Handsome Jack Collection for xbox one is 4 player splitscreen I believe. Rocket League is also 4 player splitscreen.
  5. AridLizard Win User

TOTAL BEGINNER

apart from split screen games there are also shared screen games such as the Lego series of games or puzzle games such as Death Squared or party games such as Jackbox Party Pack.

in the Xbox Store you can select Shared/Split Screen in the filters under
    Capabilities when browsing All Games

hope this helps
  6. Oraclea Win User

TOTAL BEGINNER

Welcome to the Xbox family! The main buzzwords you're looking for are "local co-op" and "local multiplayer." A game with local co-op means that people playing it together are working toward a common goal. Local multiplayer could mean that players playing
    together are either working toward a common goal or competing against each other. Additionally, "split-screen" means that the screen will essentially divide itself into smaller screens and each player will look at one of those smaller screens while playing.

When you browse the Xbox Store (or Microsoft Store), you can
    filter
    your search for specific features you want. Local co-op and local multiplayer are among those features. I would caution that if you see "multiplayer" without "local" before it, that might include online multiplayer as well as local multiplayer,
    so you definitely want to make sure you're looking at local multiplayer only. One other resource I'd recommend is the
    Co-Optimus website, where you can search for Xbox One games with local multiplayer settings and see user feedback that's a bit more specific to the local multiplayer modes.

On another note, I'd recommend looking into
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    , a monthly subscription that grants access to a catalog of featured games as well as the online multiplayer benefits of Xbox Live Gold. There are some great games with local co-op that are available through there, including Gears
    5, Rocket League, and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, and many, many more. I believe right now that they're offering a promotion featuring the first three months for $1.

Hope that helps!
Thema:

TOTAL BEGINNER

1. TOTAL BEGINNER - Similar Threads - TOTAL BEGINNER

2. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  3. how to report totally broken games on the xbox store

in XboX Insiders
    how to report totally broken games on the xbox store: anybody know a way to report totally broken games? (aside from refund requests, most people hoped for patches and exceeded refund-time-limit)...
  4. Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...: Pretend I know NOTHING about xbox but I want to play Saints Row by myself in my home. I have purchased an xbox. Now what else do I need? Internet connection? Membership? Etc etc...
  5. All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now": All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having trouble getting your stuff right now" It was showing my games i owned and had downloaded. However, all games i owned and did not...
  6. My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset: I logged into MSN today to play the game and my progress is completely wiped. I tried relogging and checking and it's still gone. I clicked on another game that I've played and that was perfectly...
  7. If I redeem points for separate gift cards will the total value just be accumulated in my...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I redeem points for separate gift cards will the total value just be accumulated in my...: Does cash accumulate in your microsoft account when you redeem gift cards at separate times? 6bf60040-16c2-45d8-9c66-237b945045ed
  8. How can I get locally saved data on totally accurate battle simulator back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get locally saved data on totally accurate battle simulator back?: I had recently factory reset my Xbox to play on a newer version but when I downloaded a game called totally accurate battle simulator, the custom content I had did not save. It was saved locally...
  9. My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it: My microsoft account got breached today at 00:17 and i got three emails, the first saying "Microsoft account security info was added" which in the first, it said my email had been changed to a...
  10. Complete and total audio loss from consle

in XboX Insiders
    Complete and total audio loss from consle: Since yesterday, 08/01/2023, I'm experiencing complete and total loss of audio. No systems audio nor audio during streaming video or playing games. I don't even have audio while using web browser....