‘Took too long to start’ - Xbox Series S

Discus and support ‘Took too long to start’ - Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. last night, my Xbox was working perfectly fine, no issues whatsoever. I’ve come to turn it on this morning, and nothing will load. All games and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thomas Metcalf1, Feb 1, 2023.

1. ‘Took too long to start’ - Xbox Series S

Hi.

last night, my Xbox was working perfectly fine, no issues whatsoever. I’ve come to turn it on this morning, and nothing will load. All games and apps ‘Took too long to load’ and shut down, and I’ve had moments where the same has been the case for everything in my settings, such as network manager.

I’ve tried all the things Ive found.

Restart- nope. It won’t even load the applications in ‘My Games and Apps’ anymore

Hold power for 8-10 secs then Unplug, and leave unplugged, whilst also doing the same for the router, and plugging the router in back first- same result as above, also didn’t load any apps on ‘Home’, just a blank space except for a tips app of some form.

Unplug for a few mins, plug back in a hold eject, sync, and power - it’s not got a disk drive, so there is no eject button to press.

There is no issues with network, as everything with the network works fine. It can see and is connected to the network, and (if you give it like 10 mins to load stuff onto ‘Home’) there are Microsoft store ads, and I can see friends who are online etc. I just can’t open anything because it’s all taking ‘too long’ to start.

:)

Thomas Metcalf1, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In this case, we may need to reset the console keeping games and apps if you don't have an external hard drive plugged into your console. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.

If you have an external hard drive plugged into your console, kindly unplug the hard drive and then perform a powercycle and then try launching your games. Keep the hard drive unplugged, because the hard drive may be corrupted.

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

Took too long to start

Hello @AshtonOgle, I hope everything is going well for you!

Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The following troubleshooting step will help you clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

You could also try this troubleshooting step to clear any corrupted data from your device:

1- Go to settings on your Xbox

2- Select system

3-Select storage

4- Clear local saved games and your console will automatically restart

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you always play online so that all your data is saved to the cloud

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
  4. Mister Maka Win User

"_______ took too long to start"

Hey there RaccoonNinja28.

So that we can narrow this down, are you able to disconnect your Xbox One from Xbox Live and try starting a game while offline? As you mentioned your console is downloading updates without issue, but I'm curious to see if your connection is affecting your ability
    to play games.
  5. CaptSchlang Win User

Took too long to start

**** pathetic system and support by Microsoft I'm ready to switch back to ps4. I should have never sold my ps4. I've had to do this **** system factory reset 8 times in the last week!!!!!!!
  6. WPAK Win User

Took too long to start

Thema:

1. ‘Took too long to start’ - Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - ‘Took too long

2. Error message- %2 took too long to start. (0x80070079)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message- %2 took too long to start. (0x80070079): I have a game, Call of Duty 3, installed on my 4TB external hard drive, that I am trying to transfer to the internal storage. I made sure I have more available space than needed. However, the...
  3. Twitch app took too long to start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Twitch app took too long to start.: Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account...
  4. It took too long to start the update Error code

in XBoX on Consoles
    It took too long to start the update Error code: It took too long to start the update Error code 4bdac477-af0c-491d-a0c6-62b6793a5bab
  5. Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?: How do I resolve the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error? I've tried the check for posted outages and the hard restart. Still get the same message when trying...
  6. My xbox keeps on saying sign in took too long too start

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps on saying sign in took too long too start: My Xbox keeps on saying signin took too long to start and then won't sign in. The only solution I can find for this is to hard restart my console however I have done this 16 times now and it will...
  7. Took too long to start error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Took too long to start error: Whenever i turn my Xbox series s on and try to launch a game, it just freeze up and when i try to quit and reopen the game it won't and after spamming this a couple times it'll eventually give me...
  8. fix the home screen took too long on my Xbox One s it starting to get annoying each day...

in XBoX on Consoles
    fix the home screen took too long on my Xbox One s it starting to get annoying each day...: Please fix the home screen took too long a417b948-42e2-46e8-b1e3-6f62ce435499
  9. Game or app took too long to start

in XboX Insiders
    Game or app took too long to start: I have a problem where everyday everything on my xbox “takes too long to start” and it stays that way until I restart the whole console. After that I am good for the day but the next day it...
  10. Xbox Home Took Too Long To Start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Home Took Too Long To Start: I DO HAVE A SOLUTION! Very recently my xbox has had issues loading any app on my internal storage & my external storage & when i did a hard reset it then said “Xbox Home Took Too Long To Start”....