Too many updates and I'm not in the preview program

Discus and support Too many updates and I'm not in the preview program in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every time I open my X box 1, it takes multiple hours to get through all the updates and by the time they finish, Minecraft has a 20 minute long update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zippy Wilson, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Zippy Wilson
    Zippy Wilson Guest

Every time I open my X box 1, it takes multiple hours to get through all the updates and by the time they finish, Minecraft has a 20 minute long update it needs to complete and often still doesn't work if I do get them completed. I'm not in the preview program so that's not why. I haven't used my Xbox in over a year and I'm about to get rid of it because it hasn't worked in ages.

:)

Zippy Wilson, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Games are updated all the time, and you need to install those updates to continue playing them online. If you haven't had your Xbox on in a year, games like Minecraft or Grandtheft auto that are frequently updated will likely have several or quite large updates.

You should set your Xbox to standby so it will download things when you're not using it.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Zippy Wilson,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description that you are experiencing issue with system update of your Xbox One Console which has not been used for longer period of time. Let us see how we can help.

If your Xbox console software doesn’t update successfully, you may encounter one of several situations. The console might display an error message or error code during or following the update, or the console might not start correctly after the update is complete.

Refer to the link below for troubleshooting system update errors:

You may also need to perform an offline system update. The Xbox Offline System Update (OSU) process allows you to update your console by downloading a file to a USB flash drive and then installing that file directly onto your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console.

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

• A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port
    • A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS
    For the steps on how to download the Offline System Update File, refer to the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. TakeYourChances Win User

Constant console updates - kicking me out of games etc.

I am in the preview and to add my 2 cents, it's far too many updates. Mine updates every other day. Had i known that there would be this many updates I would have never gotten into the whole preview program to begin with. It's also going to be a headache
    to reset the entire console just to get out of the program.
  6. boxingFREAK Win User

Forza quits to Home

I'm experiencing this crash to the home screen too. I thought it was isolated to Forza, but it is happening in many programs. just did it while I was registering for the patch preview.
Thema:

1. Too many updates and I'm not in the preview program - Similar Threads - Too many updates

2. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  3. Too many people have made this their home Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Too many people have made this their home Xbox: I’m trying to make my account home Xbox so that my brother can play without signing in on my account because I have credit cards and other sensitive stuff, when I try to make my account home Xbox...
  4. If you are locked out of your Xbox account because you did the password too many times how...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If you are locked out of your Xbox account because you did the password too many times how...: I am locked out of my Xbox for doing the password too many times wrong how long does it take until I can do it again 9643f524-37a7-46a7-9b6d-1d9d0bf52d82
  5. "Too many refund requests this year" from trying to refund Minecraft twice?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Too many refund requests this year" from trying to refund Minecraft twice?: My mate recently bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java for £25, but never received either game, so he refunded it. After 3 days, he never got his money back or the game. He went to return the game...
  6. Halo MCC Sign-In Failed Too Many Attempts (No attempts were made though)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Halo MCC Sign-In Failed Too Many Attempts (No attempts were made though): Halo MCC is not letting me sign-in, claiming I've tried too many times when today was the first time I've opened it in at least several months. How do I get it to let me sign-in to my own account...
  7. Locked out of my account, too many password attempts. Account recovery form always fails as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of my account, too many password attempts. Account recovery form always fails as...: It's linked to my Xbox account of over 15 years. I dont care too much for the actual email account itself, I just want to have access to my xbox account as its got all my data and i am still...
  8. I cannot get into minecraft as the message says there are too many devices. That is incorrect.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot get into minecraft as the message says there are too many devices. That is incorrect.: My minecraft account is frozen saying that there are too many devices and I cannot use the Microsoft store for download or playing. I don't have 10 devices on the account....
  9. How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...: How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to be able to share my gamepass with my second xbox. Any help would be great!! TIA!!...
  10. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,: I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to...