Too long to start - error code 0x8027025a

Discus and support Too long to start - error code 0x8027025a in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where it's saying my games are taking too long to start. It's mainly happening if I switch between different games. This had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mayday1998, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Mayday1998
    Mayday1998 Guest

I'm having an issue where it's saying my games are taking too long to start. It's mainly happening if I switch between different games. This had happened previously to me with Fallout 4 and I deleted the game and re-installed and it worked OK. Yesterday
    I tried playing RB4 and received the error. Again I was able to delete and re-install and it worked for me. Today I tried starting Fallout again and am receiving the error. I'm assuming I can delete/re-install again but don't want to have to keep doing
    that. I had tried doing the reset, unplug, etc. like is always suggested and this never worked for me.

I had added an external HDD a few months ago and never noticed this problem before then, so I wasn't sure if this was the cause or if it is just issues developing with the console. Just wanted to check to see if any others had been having this problem
    and if they had a solution.

Thanks.

:)

Mayday1998, Jan 1, 2016
  2. 0x8027025a

I keep getting error code 0x8027025a took too long to start. Can't play any games. Please help

thebionicbarbie, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Yardie Noh
    Yardie Noh Guest
    Crippling system/OS problems

To add some light on this, my console sometimes gives me an error "Guide took too long to start: Error code 0x8027025a"

Yardie Noh, Jan 1, 2016
  4. RE21G
    RE21G Guest

I have this same problem! I got my Xbox One almost a week ago, and the first time I used it there were uncountable problems like the Xbox being extremely sluggish and apps and games crashing constantly. Then today, I was trying to play Fallout 4 when the
    same message you posted appeared on my screen. I don't have any external storage devices plugged in, so I don't think that is the case. Hope this helped a little, maybe we can work together to fix the problem.

-

RE21G, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Peter R Fleming, Jan 1, 2016
  6. RE21G
    RE21G Guest
    Ok, so I tried all of the things already, but it still doesn't seem to work. I am going to try again though and get the results.

-

RE21G, Jan 1, 2016
  7. romeoteknik
    romeoteknik Guest
    When things get "sluggy", try a refresh. Can't really think of anything for the games showing error messages, is there something wrong with the HDDs?

For refresh:

Just hold down left trigger, right trigger and Y at the same time for a second or two and then let go of the buttons.

-OR-

Hold the power button to shut down the system and make sure the power brick goes amber.

Then power on.

romeoteknik, Jan 1, 2016
  8. Too long to start - error code 0x8027025a

Check the "game saves" others have reported (especially Fallout ) that when they checked there were crazy amounts of gamesaves.....also can try the old "delete and re download " your profile....

RobertBuckalew, Jan 1, 2016
  9. my xbox one dont pass of the gren scream please helh

burritoespacial, Jan 1, 2016
  10. @burrito , start your own thread on that ...

RobertBuckalew, Jan 1, 2016
  11. RE21G
    RE21G Guest
    Bimnog,

I have tried this as well. But, ALL of my games are doing it, and I just installed some of them, so a few haven't even been played, as I can't get them to load.

-

RE21G, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Yardie Noh Win User

Crippling system/OS problems

To add some light on this, my console sometimes gives me an error "Guide took too long to start: Error code 0x8027025a"
  13. RuthWGS Win User

Error 0x80070079 xbox

Hi, Thanks I’ve tried that but settings isn’t opening - it says settings is taking too long to start and gives the error code (0x8027025a).
  14. RobertBuckalew Win User

Check the "game saves" others have reported (especially Fallout ) that when they checked there were crazy amounts of gamesaves.....also can try the old "delete and re download " your profile....
  15. RE21G Win User

I have this same problem! I got my Xbox One almost a week ago, and the first time I used it there were uncountable problems like the Xbox being extremely sluggish and apps and games crashing constantly. Then today, I was trying to play Fallout 4 when the
    same message you posted appeared on my screen. I don't have any external storage devices plugged in, so I don't think that is the case. Hope this helped a little, maybe we can work together to fix the problem.

-
  16. RE21G Win User

Bimnog,

I have tried this as well. But, ALL of my games are doing it, and I just installed some of them, so a few haven't even been played, as I can't get them to load.

-
Thema:

1. Too long to start - error code 0x8027025a - Similar Threads - Too long start

2. Error message- %2 took too long to start. (0x80070079)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message- %2 took too long to start. (0x80070079): I have a game, Call of Duty 3, installed on my 4TB external hard drive, that I am trying to transfer to the internal storage. I made sure I have more available space than needed. However, the...
  3. Twitch app took too long to start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Twitch app took too long to start.: Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account...
  4. Xbox takes too long to start and times out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes too long to start and times out: Hi ive an xbox one which every game digital and disk won't load. It tries to load then times out and has an error message. I try this with each game and the same problem happens. Any help would be...
  5. Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?: I can't get my game going. 4b8537e1-f72a-45de-80b7-8029d9718e8f
  6. It took too long to start the update Error code

in XBoX on Consoles
    It took too long to start the update Error code: It took too long to start the update Error code 4bdac477-af0c-491d-a0c6-62b6793a5bab
  7. Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?: How do I resolve the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error? I've tried the check for posted outages and the hard restart. Still get the same message when trying...
  8. My xbox keeps on saying sign in took too long too start

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps on saying sign in took too long too start: My Xbox keeps on saying signin took too long to start and then won't sign in. The only solution I can find for this is to hard restart my console however I have done this 16 times now and it will...
  9. Took too long to start error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Took too long to start error: Whenever i turn my Xbox series s on and try to launch a game, it just freeze up and when i try to quit and reopen the game it won't and after spamming this a couple times it'll eventually give me...
  10. What do I do if my Xbox takes too long to start all my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if my Xbox takes too long to start all my games?: P.s I have done everything that's been suggested. Eject and Sync, unplugging, removing my accounts. EVERYTHING!!! I fear I've lost my xbox. This is just so frustrating, thought it'd be a much...