To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs

Discus and support To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently purchased an Xbox 360 from Amazon and had purchased a couple games and couldn't store game progress or even download games that required... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulShapiro1, Jul 21, 2021.

1. PaulShapiro1
    PaulShapiro1 Guest

To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs

Recently purchased an Xbox 360 from Amazon and had purchased a couple games and couldn't store game progress or even download games that required downloads. Is there not a hard drive with available space in these 360s? I don't remember having to buy anything additional for Xbox back when I first got one years ago. What's up did they put a piece of (Mod Removed) in here and sell it to me on Amazon, I'm ready to take it apart to see what size the hard drive is because there is nothing on this 360.

:)

PaulShapiro1, Jul 21, 2021
  2. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Please don't get me wrong but it depends on the seller. You need to have an Original Xbox 360 hard drive for that to work and some of the retail store sells that separately. I suggest to check with Amazon if your console comes with a hard drive. I hope you understand.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Without details we cant knoe

There are some xbox 360s without hdds

You can also buy an usb hdd for extra storage

Keep in mind you can check capacity under system and storage

The minimun is 4 gigs if I remember correctly
  4. Nursemorph Win User

The minimun is 4 gigs if I remember correctly
    You are correct....some of the XBox 360s came with a 4GB flash drive
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

installing games to hard drive from disk

Notes

• Installing an Xbox 360 game on a hard drive requires between 4 and 8 gigabytes (GB) of free disk space.
    • After installing a game on your hard drive, you still need to have the game disc in the disc drive when you start the game.
    • Installing games on your hard drive improves load times and minimises game disc access.
    • You can install games to a USB flash drive or to an Xbox 360 4 GB console. However, some games will not play correctly.
    • Original Xbox games cannot be installed on an Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

-

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/install-play-delete-game

-

I would always recommend installing your games when possible.
  6. Rubix99 Win User

Some problems I've noticed with the xbone

Forget Xbox Video and embrace the beauty of DLNA streaming. That way you save money and hard drive space on the console.

I use my 360 to stream all movies and TV shows from my PC and it works wonders. Never buying a DVD or any physical movie media again.
Thema:

1. To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs - Similar Threads - 360s hard drive

2. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory: My xbox 360 memory had 2 out of the 4 gb used. After turning it on unused for a week it would be stuck on the xbox 360 startup. I waited for an hour and it said that there was a memory problem and...
  5. XBox 360S 250GB Hard Drive not found

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360S 250GB Hard Drive not found: I have a 360 s that for a year now the original 250GB hard drive won't show up in Memory. I 2 days ago purchased a Microsoft 350 GB hard drive and installed it thinking it would solve my issue....
  6. Will Xbox 360S separate hard drive fit Xbox 360E slot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox 360S separate hard drive fit Xbox 360E slot?: So i am buying an Xbox 360 E 4GB version and my friend has broken Xbox 360S 4GB but his 250GB hard drive is working and he is ready to give it to me. Will it support my Xbox 360E 4GB? Like can i...
  7. Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard reset a 4gb Xbox 360s with no HDD: I'd like to hard reset an Xbox 360 S with no hard drive and 4 GB of internal memory. I am finding plenty of information about formatting the hard drive to remove all of the data but not about...
  8. How can I restore external hard drive space formatted by Xbox 360S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I restore external hard drive space formatted by Xbox 360S: Some time ago I used an unsupported 500GB External USB drive that I reformatted to FAT32. I attached it to the Xbox 360 to allow it to reformat some of the space. I have since then purchased a...
  9. installing new 360s hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    installing new 360s hard drive: is there any special things I need to know or do other than the physical swap out ? 581c6632-97ea-4f6e-bdd4-fb42fdd05e5b
  10. Xbox 360S Hard Drive suddenly not formatted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360S Hard Drive suddenly not formatted?: I have a Halo :Reach Xbox 360 S, and the other day when I turned the Xbox Off, the console stayed on a while and did thing where the disk drive spins really fast for a while and makes a bunch of...