To those who own Xbox one and ps4

Discus and support To those who own Xbox one and ps4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If your looking for which console is best for you. Then you are asking in the wrong place. Also it depends on what location you live in, as some things... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skorba71, Jan 4, 2014.

1. To those who own Xbox one and ps4

If your looking for which console is best for you. Then you are asking in the wrong place. Also it depends on what location you live in, as some things do not work for certain areas, like TV outside of the US

-

This is the Xbox One Forums, Here you will find people who are mainly in the Xbox One camp, the same thing would happen in the PS4 forums, They would all tell you the PS4 was better. Because of what it offers. As they are all mainly PS4 players.

-

On a side note, Yes the colours on the X1 are more vibrant, for some specific games, but on LEGO Marvel, you will see that the PS4 can do colours just as well. But again the Blacks on the X1 are too black, quite frequently obscuring items and details that
    are in the actually in the background of the PS4 and PC versions of BF4.

-

I have both, And can say currently, that i prefer the PS4, and spend most of my time on it. For a quite a few reasons.

-

And to what Vulcan said. It has more than Netflix, BBC Iplayer, Channel 5 Player, IGN, Live watching of other peoples streams. with and update of 20+ apps to come in the new year. You only have to look at what the Xbox one is missing compared to the 360,
    and all those will be updated sooner or later.

-

Best thing for you to do, is to find a couple of friends, one of each type and check them out, see what you want to go for, look at reviews and word of mouth, from non-console affiliated sites

HairyLoveSpuds, Jan 4, 2014
  2. JWSpeed
    JWSpeed Guest
    I don't own a PS4 yet because it doesn't have hardly any games that I want to play. The X1 on the other hand has plenty, so I purchased the X1 first.

JWSpeed, Jan 5, 2014
  3. SP Rhino
    SP Rhino Guest
    I own both consoles, and for me there is almost no difference beween them , i love Forza, and Killzone, both machines are fantastic at what they do, i am a gamer not a fan boy, and will always gravitate towards the best games on whatever platform they are
    available, the furue for this new generation is a very exciting one, that i am very uch looking forward to.

SP Rhino, Jan 5, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

[quote user="skorba71"]I'm curious what you are all seeing. . .[/quote]I see an amber light glowing under a layer of dust on one hand, and a white glowing Xbox symbol under a layer of dust on the other.

The PS4 gets no use. The Xbox One I use almost every day, primarily because I can talk to it.

IceStorm III, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Judge
    Judge Guest
    There is no denying the PS4 is graphically great, but to me, I don't see the difference to be a huge deter since it is very close. Ryse looks better than every game released for both so far IMO and that is only running at 900p. Also, graphics mean little
    to me, I enjoy the heck out of my X1 more just based on its UI, the easy flow/integration of Kinect, and the games present on it. I'm having much more fun with games like Max, Ryse, and Zoo Tycoon than I am with anything on my PS4. I do welcome the free games
    on PS4 though, in both F2P offerings, and PS+ offerings. That's the one thing X1 needs at the moment.

Judge, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Lloydy25
    Lloydy25 Guest
    Yes the multiformats have better frame rate & resolution on the PS4, and jaggies on the x1. Yes the PS4 is 50% quicker according to developers. NO its not a deal breaker.

You don't buy a console to worry only about graphical performance. Its all about the games. Go for the one with the games that you want. Personally I've spent WAY more time on the PS4 than the x1 so far. Others here have done the opposite.

Just do your own thing, don't worry about forummers.

Lloydy25, Jan 5, 2014
  7. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest
    @HairyLoveSpuds

Just wondering but does the PS4 even offer 32bit color depth or PC (RGB Full) Color Range? Also of course the PS4 has a few apps, however the Xbox currently has more apps not to mention all the exclusive shows that they're bringing to the Xbox sometime this
    year, as with the games with gold program. Also I have to disagree with the blacks being to black on the Xbox, they seem to spot on for me at least, what is supposed to be black is black rather a light grey like on the PS4.

VulcanVFX, Jan 5, 2014
  8. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest

I agree with everybody here man, just look at the exclusives and whats to come and make your choice though really, Also it is worth noticing while the PS4 may have slightly better graphics thanks to the GDDR5 memory and slightly better video card, the Xbox
    has it's memory set up, can't remember exactly how they accomplished it, but it delivers data too the DDR3 memory at a much faster rate then the PS4's, combine that with the higher clocked CPU of the XB1 compared to the PS4, the XB1 is a bit smoother and faster
    when it comes to multitasking.

VulcanVFX, Jan 5, 2014
  9. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    I own a xboxone my bro has a ps4 he plays battlefield 4 and ghosts on my xboxone because in his words "they both play and look better on the xboxone" please bare in mind my bro is a graphics designer so he knows what his talking about as for me I love my
    xboxone I love all the games ryes is the best looking game iv played

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 5, 2014
  10. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Bare in mind I've never been a person that goes looking for differences in visuals, all this 720/900/1080 etc just doesn't bother me.

I own both consoles and I've played Battlefield 4 and COD Ghosts on both, again I don't go looking for differences and to give a proper comparison you would need both running at the same time on the same model TV etc but from what I have played I'm struggling
    to see any difference.

The wife bought me Assassins Creed 4 on the PS4, brilliant game and fantastic to look at but according to a lot of people it looks better on the Xbox One, if this is true, does it bother me? not at all, I'm enjoying it regardless of which one may look slightly
    better.

So as others have said, I'd decide on what console has the most appealing line up of games, out or yet to be released.

Lofty Who, Jan 5, 2014
  11. SP Rhino
    SP Rhino Guest
    @vG Ghostz not picking holes in what you have said matey, but everyone i have spoken to that has played both versions of Battlefield say the PS4 version is graphically superior, every video comparison i have watched comparing both versions has given the
    graphical edge to the PS4, i appreciate what you bro does, but the masses cant be wrong surely !!. and in my opinion the PS4 wins out on Battlefield, i traded my X1 copy in to get it on PS4, conversely, i traded my copy of Ghosts on PS4 in to get the X1 version,
    which i personally think is better.

SP Rhino, Jan 5, 2014
  12. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    Well u seem to be the only one SP Rhino that's said battlefield looks better on the ps4 in these comments

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 5, 2014
  13. PICK 34
    PICK 34 Guest

I have both and both have good looking games but the multiplats look better on ps4. The games have less jaggies, better draw distances though it does appear a bit less vibrant than the bone versions. Either way the differences are minor either way you slice
    it. I also Haven't had any PSN I ssues aside from the first hour of release.

PICK 34, Jan 5, 2014
  14. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Mind you there is a few things I can say without a shadow of a doubt.

Ryse Son of Rome looks the best on Xbox One

and

Killzone Shadowfall looks best on PS4

;-p

Lofty Who, Jan 5, 2014
  15. Whagi
    Whagi Guest
    [quote user="Lofty Who"]

Mind you there is a few things I can say without a shadow of a doubt.

Ryse Son of Rome looks the best on Xbox One

and

Killzone Shadowfall looks best on PS4

;-p

[/quote]

I agree To those who own Xbox one and ps4 :)

Whagi, Jan 5, 2014
Thema:

1. To those who own Xbox one and ps4 - Similar Threads - those own ps4

2. When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond: Some one rage quit the game and then messaged me cursing at me. I responded and they went silent. I sent a 2nd message asking where they went and then they reported me and I got 2 strikes for...
  3. some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...: like for example i cant play just cause 2 and forza horizon 3 on my series X even though it lets me download and play them on my xbox one. Like i own both games but they wont show up in my library...
  4. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  5. I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...: i tried signing out and signing in, didn't work, i tried checking for bans, had none, i tried checking strikes, had none, still can't message, what do i do? c7a6e80c-5f26-4f56-b659-97040dbe2723
  6. New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/07/26/welcome-to-your-new-xbox-home/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Link_lrn_7.26.1 Special thanks to the Insider team for making us feel included by allowing us...
  7. PSA for those who own or plan on buying Nier: Automata

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PSA for those who own or plan on buying Nier: Automata: Hello, I wanted to post a heads up for the game if anyone was having issues with crashing/cut scene, load times, achievements. First the crashing/cut scenes/ Load times/ or visual issues can be...
  8. Need of Dire Assistance! All those who own the DLC lend me your ears (eyes)!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need of Dire Assistance! All those who own the DLC lend me your ears (eyes)!: I have tried to purchase the expansion pass from the Xbox store, yet it tells me I have reached my spending limit. I have significant funds and waited to "Buy this tomorrow"(I haven't bought...
  9. Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...: Hello, 've Posted here about disk (media) with original factory issue. I would suggest that Microsoft allows the customer be able to download games that have been bought in the media. That...
  10. Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...: Hello, I've Posted here about disk (media) with original factory issue. I would suggest that Microsoft allows the customer be able to download games that have been bought in the media. That...