To those who own Xbox one and ps4

Discus and support To those who own Xbox one and ps4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About to buy the Xbox one but just curious what you all see as far as the ps4 supposedly having "slightly" better graphics. I bellieve that gameplay is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skorba71, Jan 4, 2014.

1. skorba71
    skorba71 Guest

About to buy the Xbox one but just curious what you all see as far as the ps4 supposedly having "slightly" better graphics. I bellieve that gameplay is what is more important and I look forward to playing the xbox (particularly Ryse and Forza). I know
    the system will evolve just as the 360 did, but I'm curious what you are all seeing. . .

:)

skorba71, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    Shenmue 3 creator teases Xbox One plans.

That would be nice to see this game coming to the Xbox One, especially for those who don't own a PS4 or a up to date PC machine.

Ragnarok5000, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Greywolf I
    Greywolf I Guest
    Unable to connect to ESO Servers

Sadly, I do not know anyone else who owns an xbox one. Anyone that comes to mind owns a PS4, shame. XD

Greywolf I, Jan 4, 2014
  4. To those who own Xbox one and ps4

i dont own a ps4 yet (I will soon, just waiting on better exclusives), however from the friend in real life that bought a ps4 first to the people I see on the forums commenting on having both consoles I can tell you the xbox one would be the better choice.
    Better games to start and a more well established online structure. The people I see comment on the forums are talking about how the ps4 collects dust and sits because of the lack of games and/or working online, the friend that bought the ps4 has since returned
    it to amazon and bought an xbox one, guess that sums it up in a nutshell.

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Jan 4, 2014
  5. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    Graphics wise I think they're about the same. Like with last generation though I barely touch the ps4 but am on the One nightly. I bought the ps4 mainly for exclusives

pkvas, Jan 4, 2014
  6. Call of Duty is the only one I've played on both. It is obviously nicer looking when you play it on PS4 but the differences are forgotten when playing on XB1 because the game is still fun.

Major Keebler, Jan 4, 2014
  7. todd2r
    todd2r Guest
    I've seen killzone and asscreed 4 on the ps4 in person at my coworkers house and you can see a little bit of a difference between the xbox one and ps4 versions of ac4. It wasn't enough to make me buy a ps4 though. The normal non-tech person wouldn't be able
    to tell a difference. Killzone looked great however. Ryse and killzone are the beat graphics these consoles offer right now. Too bad I never liked killzone. Very mediocre series.

todd2r, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Karma403
    Karma403 Guest

Couldn't tell you as I wouldn't buy the same game twice on both consoles, Xbox is for exclusives only

Karma403, Jan 4, 2014
  9. LaTiNLuNaTiC
    LaTiNLuNaTiC Guest
    I have both systems and i like them both equally. the graphics look a tad bit better on ps4 but its only noticeable if u really look at it. but i play xbox more because most of my friends have a one and there are more things you can do with it like watch
    tv etc.. its really up to what u want in a console bro.

LaTiNLuNaTiC, Jan 4, 2014
  10. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest
    The PS4 does have slightly better detail and some games are in better solution, but I talked to a friend of mine who is a gamestop manager, keep in mind they get both of the next gen consoles for free, and he played them both and he admitted that the Xbox
    One is the better choice, the PS4 has a grey hue over all of it's games which ruin the blacks on the games and it doesn't have near as many settings as the XB1 so for instance the XB1 can be 32bit color depth and PC (RGB Full) color range, so to sum it up
    xbox has far better and more realistic colors compared to the PS4, also the online for the XB1 is much better with the dedicated servers.

VulcanVFX, Jan 4, 2014
  11. [quote user="pkvas"]

Ryse is mediocre too

[/quote]I heartily disagree. I played it just this evening & actually had a lot of fun with it. Sure, there's some truth to it being repetitive gameplay-wise, but that can be circumvented by simply unlocking more executions & knowing "how the system works"
    per se'. The graphics are beautiful & the story is wonderful as well.

Galactic Geek, Jan 4, 2014
  12. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest
    Also if you compare all the things that the PS4 can't do that even the PS3 can do, it's sad really, all the PS4 can do is play games and netflix whenever the online is working. if I buy a next gen system I want a true NEXT GEN system, microsoft has announced
    that they will be adding 3D support in the future via update and a NeoGaf reporter who is known for being correct with his leaked information says that a driver update for the XB1 is expected in the upcoming weeks and we should see atleast a 10% increase in
    power and a improvement to the voice recognition, among other things, microsoft is the dominant firmware company where as sony is hardware, therefore the XB1 will evolve at a much faster pace then the PS4, not to mention sony is highly financially unstable,
    in the past 6 months there stocks have fallen from being around $21 per stock to $17 where as microsofts rising from being around $33 to almost $37, not to mention microsoft net worth is 3 times that of Sony and sony hasnt made a profit in the past 4 years
    thanks to the PS3 and PS Vita and they've been downsizing ever since, microsoft's just playing with sony, if they wanted too microsoft could do something dramatic and loose a lot of money at first but put sony to shame.

VulcanVFX, Jan 4, 2014
  13. Darcsyd
    Darcsyd Guest

I have both and graphically the ps4 is slightly better right now but you hardly have time to notice unless you stop to inspect everything. I say to say when then kinks get worked out on both systems their won't be much of a difference between the two. If
    I recall correctly the PS3 was more powerful than the 360 but unless it was a first party game the graphics never exceeded the 360's and some cases they fell behind. Get both for the exclusives and where ever your friends are get the the 3rd party titles to
    join them. I have Forza and call of duty for both systems(yeah, I'm That Guy) and as I said previously unless you take the time to inspect the differences it's really not that big of a deal. I have BF3 on the PS4 and it is amazing compared to the PS3 but that's
    another conversation.

Darcsyd, Jan 4, 2014
  14. Darcsyd
    Darcsyd Guest
    I will have to look for this Gray Hue you speak of.

Darcsyd, Jan 4, 2014
  15. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest
    Hmm, well perhaps they have updated it and fixed it however I've been told by quiet a few that the colors on the PS4 appear washed out and a less vibrant.

VulcanVFX, Jan 4, 2014
Thema:

1. To those who own Xbox one and ps4 - Similar Threads - those own ps4

2. When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond: Some one rage quit the game and then messaged me cursing at me. I responded and they went silent. I sent a 2nd message asking where they went and then they reported me and I got 2 strikes for...
  3. some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...: like for example i cant play just cause 2 and forza horizon 3 on my series X even though it lets me download and play them on my xbox one. Like i own both games but they wont show up in my library...
  4. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  5. I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...: i tried signing out and signing in, didn't work, i tried checking for bans, had none, i tried checking strikes, had none, still can't message, what do i do? c7a6e80c-5f26-4f56-b659-97040dbe2723
  6. New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/07/26/welcome-to-your-new-xbox-home/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Link_lrn_7.26.1 Special thanks to the Insider team for making us feel included by allowing us...
  7. PSA for those who own or plan on buying Nier: Automata

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PSA for those who own or plan on buying Nier: Automata: Hello, I wanted to post a heads up for the game if anyone was having issues with crashing/cut scene, load times, achievements. First the crashing/cut scenes/ Load times/ or visual issues can be...
  8. Need of Dire Assistance! All those who own the DLC lend me your ears (eyes)!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need of Dire Assistance! All those who own the DLC lend me your ears (eyes)!: I have tried to purchase the expansion pass from the Xbox store, yet it tells me I have reached my spending limit. I have significant funds and waited to "Buy this tomorrow"(I haven't bought...
  9. Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...: Hello, 've Posted here about disk (media) with original factory issue. I would suggest that Microsoft allows the customer be able to download games that have been bought in the media. That...
  10. Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suggestion to Microsoft: downloadable games available live by for those who already own the ...: Hello, I've Posted here about disk (media) with original factory issue. I would suggest that Microsoft allows the customer be able to download games that have been bought in the media. That...