TitanFall 2 - unable to change networks due to parental control

Discus and support TitanFall 2 - unable to change networks due to parental control in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Within TitanFall 2 there is the ability to change which network you want to play in. The default is "Advocate" however I have two other networks I want... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DeepFridge, Oct 18, 2022.

1. DeepFridge
    DeepFridge Guest

Within TitanFall 2 there is the ability to change which network you want to play in. The default is "Advocate" however I have two other networks I want to use.

When trying to change to one of the other networks it fails - No Error.

When trying to add networks it fails - No Error.

When I was invited to join a new network I saw an error telling me it failed because of parental restrictions.

I have removed the restrictions but it failed.

I have now reset my XBox One and removed all restrictions and yet it fails.

Has anyone come across XBox stopping the changing of content or game features due to "Parently Controls?"

If yes - Please let me know how to fix this ?

:)

DeepFridge, Oct 18, 2022
  2. DeepFridge Win User

OK the profile shows age greater than 21. I found the profile page and checked. Thank you

I think it might be easier just to use a sub account as changing/updating the main account does not appear to be an option.

I get the impression something happened a while ago, maybe in an update and it locked/updated my account in a way that stops me changing/updating the settings.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, as far as I know there isn't an outage / error / bug in the account management system.

I answered the second question, if the birth day is higher than 2004 or 2001 (depends on the legal age in your country, 18 or 21)
    The account can be considered as an adult checking this birth year here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile

If you're not able to change or see the birth date , you may need to reach Microsoft

and, I don't quite get it your first question. Reset the account to defaults in what way?
    Something like resetting the adult permissions? If yes, the most closest thing to that is remove and re-add the account from the family group

If your main account is alone, you can use a different account and add your main account as family organizer if possible
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, this can be a bit dumb but... Do you have an Xbox live gold / game pass ultimate subscription active in the account that you want to use?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this DEEPFRIDGE

So, when you say "restrictions" are you referring to the privacy settings?
    If yes, double check if the privacy settings for the account that you want to use are set to "allow"
    https://account.xbox.com/Settings

If yes, this can be a bit odd. But if you're part of a family group right now. Please ask the parent to remove your account temporarily and check if you're able to use the network inside Titanfall

https://account.microsoft.com/family/home
  6. DeepFridge Win User

thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
Thema:

1. TitanFall 2 - unable to change networks due to parental control - Similar Threads - TitanFall unable change

2. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  3. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  4. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  5. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  6. Can TitanFall 1 be played on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can TitanFall 1 be played on Xbox 360?: I don’t have game pass/xbox live and have heard the server was hacked, so the game might be useless? Any help please? 66d0ff06-c6b6-4ef6-97a4-78f92894b0c3
  7. Titanfall 2 won't start on my laptop after downloading and redownloading it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Titanfall 2 won't start on my laptop after downloading and redownloading it: Hello. I've tried recently to install and play Titanfall 2 on my PC via the Xbox/EA apps. When I try to play it, however, it says the MSVCP120.dll is missing. Currently on an Asus TUF F15 Gaming...
  8. I tried to download titanfall 2 on my pc gamepass and it opened the EA app my Xbox account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to download titanfall 2 on my pc gamepass and it opened the EA app my Xbox account...: I tried to download titanfall 2 on my pc gamepass and it opened the EA app my Xbox account was linked to a random EA account that was not mine. I can't unlink the accounts so what do I do?...
  9. LG QNED TV flickers when Halo Wars 2 or Titanfall 2 is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG QNED TV flickers when Halo Wars 2 or Titanfall 2 is on: Hi all I have an Xbox Series X and when I load certain games the TV will flicker or go to no signal. My TV is an LG QNED MiniLED 65" 4K Smart TV. The TV is configured to game mode on the HDMI...
  10. To those of you that paid for Titanfal!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    To those of you that paid for Titanfal!!: You got burned lmao........you couldn't just wait another day or two? Now it's free for everyone with a xbox1 in the demo section... If I recall right , they said there would be enough beta codes...