Tips for changing drive install on xbox app

Discus and support Tips for changing drive install on xbox app in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok So I noticed that some people were having issues with the Xbox App not letting them change their install location. Here's a Few things to check... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Diligent_Eye_9291, May 28, 2023.

1. Tips for changing drive install on xbox app

Ok So I noticed that some people were having issues with the Xbox App not letting them change their install location. Here's a Few things to check first

#1. Make sure the drive is set up as NTFS

#2. Make sure a folder is available, the drive can't be empty.

#3. Install a game there manually, then go and change the drive location.

Try those three things first.

submitted by /u/Diligent_Eye_9291
    [link] [comments]

/u/Diligent_Eye_9291, May 28, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox (Beta) app don't download on D drive

Is it an external USB drive?

If it is I had this problem.

I would suggest changing where the xbox app itself is being installed to an internal drive then making the change so that the games themselves are installed to the external USB drive.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Why won’t my modern warfare 2 download it just gets stuck on installing

Here are troubleshooting tips with game or app installation problems on your Xbox console:
    1. Check the Xbox status.
    2. Sign in with the correct Xbox profile.
    3. Check the space on your hard drive.
    4. Check for a system update.

For more details on the above, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games...game-or-app-installation-problems-on-xbox-one

These are troubleshooting tips with Xbox disc game installation:
    1. Clear your local saved games and try reinstalling the game,
    2. Take your console offline and install the game.

For more details kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games...s-at-zero-when-installing-xbox-game-from-disc
  4. it's ok thnx 📎 Win User

A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

Thanks. I think I know what the problem with this game was - I have a gaming drive (E:) and a Windows installation drive (C:). the Xbox app on pc always tries to default back to C: drive even if you set E: in settings. When the game updated and was installing, I noticed it was installing to the incorrect C: drive. I quickly changed this to E: in settings and hoped it would be ok, seeing as only a small amount of data had started to install.

I think that's where it went wrong.

Anyway, do you know why the drive keeps defaulting back to the Windows installation drive (C:) for game installs even when you change the drive in Xbox App settings? It's very annoying having to keep remembering to make sure it's changed to the E: drive whenever I need to install anything.

Because of this defaulting the Xbox app also keeps placing an 'XboxGames' folder in my C: root, which I have to keep on deleting before I change the game save drive to E: in the Xbox app settings, so the games are installed to the correct XboxGames folder in E:.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Unable to change installation drive in xbox app.

Try changing the default location for new apps in Windows to your desired drive:

Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

After that, restart your computer and see if you can change the Xbox App default drive for installations.
  6. David Wojurfin Win User

Can't change install location on Xbox app for pc

Similar problem. Solution did not work. Partitions are ntfs, but some drives do not allow me to change folder. they will show up in settings- general-drive letter in gamepass app. but not have option to change folder underneath option to select drive. I presume that it's a permission error, and followed Lucas' instructions, no bueno.

I also selected new apps installed to this drive from within windows settings and reinstalled xbox app so that it installed to this drive.
Thema:

Tips for changing drive install on xbox app

1. Tips for changing drive install on xbox app - Similar Threads - Tips changing drive

2. Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account: Try to add my old profile to new Xbox but it tip coming up with create a account 64e5a294-990c-4528-ba4e-de44ff882756
  3. why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...: Ive tried restarting many time leaving it unpluged resetting my router tried to change Wi-Fi but won't load litterally nothing will c8345b9e-c211-4db2-bf87-e858508908bb
  4. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  5. Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon: it happen last week when i went to turn on my console (XBOX ONE) my console only showed a black screen but i was able to bring up the side menu. I turned off my console and left it for a couple of...
  6. Just a random Fortnite tip that y'all probably know!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just a random Fortnite tip that y'all probably know!: If you have a tv, take clear tape and write "x" on it. With any gun, aim and put the tape where the cross is, then play a match to see if it gave you better aim! 3057a3c5-fa50-4380-9e10-e99686bf6ea5
  7. Any tips on how to make the hard drive play games or is this a lost cause?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any tips on how to make the hard drive play games or is this a lost cause?: I have an Xbox Series X and S and neither will play off of the WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive - WDBA3A0050BBK-WESN I just purchased. I have to transfer and switch out games basically and that kind of...
  8. Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?: Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks out there? c4a5b716-a95e-4ab2-b04b-1d03e6554f05
  9. Tips for recovery form

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tips for recovery form: Any tips on how to fill out a recovery form I've done it around 100 times and microsoft support has told me to start from scratch 2k down the drain 2a21f9ba-da3d-4110-9fba-aeb806e4dfc6
  10. Any tips for error message on Farcry 4 for Co - Op and no maps found?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any tips for error message on Farcry 4 for Co - Op and no maps found?: I am trying to complete these last achievements for Farcry 4, but every time I try to join co / op it gives me some stupid error message saying “ can’t do this… because of your Xbox live privacy...