Timewarner DTA Converter Boxes - HDCP Issues

Discus and support Timewarner DTA Converter Boxes - HDCP Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Timewarner is requiring everyone to switch to all digital. This means basic cable subscribers need a DTA box. My family recently installed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mtf612-6E56AABA-137C-4C67-AD74-37D58B8327EF, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Timewarner DTA Converter Boxes - HDCP Issues

Hi all,

Timewarner is requiring everyone to switch to all digital. This means basic cable subscribers need a DTA box. My family recently installed several of the Technicolor DCI401TWC2 boxes provided by TWC, into our home. With these new boxes there is a coax
    out and an HDMI out. Of course, I became excited by the prospect of hooking up one of the boxes to my Xbox One. I've hooked one up to the HDMI In on my Xbox One which connected to a Sony Receiver and then a Panasonic Plasma. At first I was excited - everything
    was working including voice commands! Sure there are some issues, since these boxes don't get the full 'premium channel' line up, but it was working pretty well.

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the HDCP on these little gizmos. If I turn off the TV, change the input on the receiver, turn off the Xbox - any number of things - then they freak out! They give me a signal blocked due to HDCP failure for
    a few seconds and then return the picture without sound. To resolve the issue I need to unplug everything and power cycle both the DTA box and the Xbox One. It is absolutely frustrating. I've been trying to isolate the causes of the issue
    in order to avoid it but these things are kinda janky

Does anyone have a solution?? Time Warner really should send out a firmware update - but I don't know if that will happen anytime.

:)

mtf612-6E56AABA-137C-4C67-AD74-37D58B8327EF, Jun 30, 2014
  2. Connect Xbox one to TV with RCA jack

The reliability of converter boxes is spotty. Its not just the digital to analog conversion it also HDCP issues. Honestly you can pick up 32 inch tvs pretty cheap now so it might be a better option to just buy a new tv.

Richiestang78, Jun 30, 2014
  3. DunkZiIIa
    DunkZiIIa Guest
    Help! I can't use hdmi to play Xbox one

but which type of converter do you think would work better?A cable with one side hdmi the other composite like the 1st link, or a converter box like the 2 and link? Also what is HDCP?

DunkZiIIa, Jun 30, 2014
  4. Timewarner DTA Converter Boxes - HDCP Issues

I'm sorry to hear of your problem. I have the DCI401TWC2 box as well, but I can't seem to find the remote code to get the Xbox One to control the unit.

When using the "Guide me" option, the cable box model isn't listed among the choices provided by the Xbox.

Do you know the code? Or did you select an alternate model that controlled the DCI401TWC2?

Thanks!

BingoTheGringo, Aug 1, 2014
  5. Jlugold
    Jlugold Guest
    My workaround was to search for "Technicolor" and pick the second choice, which was a different model, but still Technicolor and I think began with the preface "DC . . ."

Jlugold, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Jlugold Win User

My workaround was to search for "Technicolor" and pick the second choice, which was a different model, but still Technicolor and I think began with the preface "DC . . ."
  7. BingoTheGringo Win User

I'm sorry to hear of your problem. I have the DCI401TWC2 box as well, but I can't seem to find the remote code to get the Xbox One to control the unit.

When using the "Guide me" option, the cable box model isn't listed among the choices provided by the Xbox.

Do you know the code? Or did you select an alternate model that controlled the DCI401TWC2?

Thanks!
  8. DunkZiIIa Win User

Help! I can't use hdmi to play Xbox one

Usually with HDMI-to-"X" converters, you may encounter problems with HDCP causing blank or flickering screens. This is because these adapters may not support the decoding of HDCP, or may only support an outdated version of HDCP. I think the Xbox One uses
    HDCP 2.2.

Definitely look for reviews about experiences specifically with Xbox One so you'll have an idea of what to expect.
    but which type of converter do you think would work better?A cable with one side hdmi the other composite like the 1st link, or a converter box like the 2 and link? Also what is HDCP?
  9. Miami Charger Win User

Black Screen on Live TV

I'm having the same issue as well and it's EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!! I have brighthouse and my box is cisco dta 170hd
  10. Richiestang78 Win User

Connect Xbox one to TV with RCA jack

The reliability of converter boxes is spotty. Its not just the digital to analog conversion it also HDCP issues. Honestly you can pick up 32 inch tvs pretty cheap now so it might be a better option to just buy a new tv.
Thema:

1. Timewarner DTA Converter Boxes - HDCP Issues - Similar Threads - Timewarner DTA Converter

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  4. Two remote issues: Samsung TV, Cox digital cable mini box Cisco DTA 250HD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two remote issues: Samsung TV, Cox digital cable mini box Cisco DTA 250HD: I'm trying to setup the X1 to turn on/off my Samsung SyncMaster T24B250 TV. The setup found the Samsung TV with the correct remote code T2051. But it just will not mute, turn on or turn off the...
  5. Using oneguide with my new DTA box and IR emitter instead of Kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using oneguide with my new DTA box and IR emitter instead of Kinect: Hi there, I just received a new Cisco DTA 271HD from Time Warner due to the upcoming switch to digital only. I am able to view the tv through the TV Xbox app, but I am not able to control it with...
  6. Can't control OneGuide using HD DTA box from Buckeye Cablesystem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't control OneGuide using HD DTA box from Buckeye Cablesystem: So I have a HD DTA box from Buckeye Cablesystem (I'm assuming they're exclusive to Ohio) that I'm trying to connect my One to. I can get the signal from my TV to show up through my Xbox but I...
  7. Xbox wont power DTA 170HD or mute Samsung TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wont power DTA 170HD or mute Samsung TV: I've been trying for weeks to get my xbox one setup with live tv. First off I have Time Warner Cable more specifically the Cisco DTA 170HD and Samsung LN40C550J1FXZA version CN01. The Xbox one...
  8. Comcast HD DTA - Pace DC60Xu Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Comcast HD DTA - Pace DC60Xu Compatibility: Help! I have the newer HD DTA with HDMI output from Comcast (Pace DC60Xu) and I've got it up and running. Works flawlessly when connected directly to the TV. However, when i'm running the HDMI...
  9. Program XBox 360 Universal Remote with DTA box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Program XBox 360 Universal Remote with DTA box: How do I program the Xbox 360 Universal remote with my Cisco 170HD digital adapter box so that I can change the channel? f939319b-8984-4607-8e90-af8f82d0b0a8
  10. Adapters for DTA device to xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adapters for DTA device to xbox one?: I have a digital transport adapter (Comcast) instead of a set-top box and used an old RFU adapter to connect my old xbox to my tv through the dta. I never got a 360 and decided recently to get an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cisco DTA 170HD Troubleshooting