Timer before forcing an update

Discus and support Timer before forcing an update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While I realize that being in the Alpha ring means I get several updates a month. I have my console set to update automatically. I check for an update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D n A forever97, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Timer before forcing an update

While I realize that being in the Alpha ring means I get several updates a month. I have my console set to update automatically. I check for an update before starting a game then at 3am CST I get taken out of whatever activity I'm in most times it's not
    a big deal but after spending 2 hours grinding through a raid or in the middle of a race or anything else I'm involved in. It is so incredibly frustrating. I'm all about making Xbox a better platform for everyone but just a timer to say update coming in 30
    minutes would make my gaming experience better. Something like when it says you need to change your batteries.

:)

D n A forever97, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Update forcing disconnect.

I've only had it happen to me a couple times, and I think both times were w/ Fifa 12. It would boot me out of the game to tell me an update was available. Sucks, but whatever... it was a hindrance for all of 5 minutes.

Eggnogga, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Update forcing disconnect.

Check the date of the thread,it's from 2012.

If you are talking about the xbox one then have your console in "instant on" then problem solved.

Daft Badger, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Insider forums are
    here

You could also post your idea on the feedback site here

Daft Badger, Oct 9, 2017
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Insider forums are
    here

You could also post your idea on the feedback site here
  6. darkist1 Win User

XB1X shutdown

Is your console connected to anything that has a timer on it, or does your console have the family settings that forces shut down at a certain time?
  7. Spazpol Win User

Solitaire Collection

I think if you shrink windows, or the app is running int he background from the timer perspective it is still active. Usually you would have to go into task manager and force close the app to make sure it is completely not running if you are worrying about
    this from an in game timer perspective.
  8. Guerrero Ultimo Win User

Exede ISP - 650,000 customers - Free Zone (un-metered usage) 12AM-5AM - No option to schedule update downloads? Disappointing MS!

What they really need is a download timer in the settings. That way users like this could set the timer for certain hours for updates. The only issue is when an update hits during a peak time and you want to play. No real way to avoid that for everybody.
    At least with a timer you could be guaranteed that updates could only download during those times unless permission is given.
  9. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Xbox One keeps getting error code when updating

Hi there.

Have you tried to reset the console and then do the offline system update before the update is forced on the console?
Thema:

1. Timer before forcing an update - Similar Threads - Timer before forcing

2. Gaming PC Sleep Timer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gaming PC Sleep Timer: Hi! My keeps waking up extra early (4 AM) on weekends to play his PC. I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that the PC won't turn on until 9 AM so that he will quit waking up so early...
  3. If I get 10 hour free trial for ea fc will the timer decrease if I’m not on the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I get 10 hour free trial for ea fc will the timer decrease if I’m not on the game: If I get 10 hour free trial for ea fc will the timer decrease if I’m not on the game 111d8e8b-3017-4361-b884-83033a01220c
  4. Need sleep timer option for controller

in XboX Insiders
    Need sleep timer option for controller: I get that controller goes to sleep after 15 min of inactivity to preserve battery but it gets mildly annoying when you take little break and come back and I use the rechargeable battery pack so I...
  5. Resetting family timer password

in XBoX on Windows
    Resetting family timer password: I purchased a used Xbox 360 for Christmas. I checked and made sure it powered on before I gave it to my kids. Upon them receiving it within few minutes a message comes up addressing a family timer...
  6. what does the timer mean and how do I reset this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    what does the timer mean and how do I reset this?: There is a timer appeared, which had extended his time well over 3h. Where is this setting? Does anyone know? [img] ab5a411a-b6c7-4d20-8fd2-6c485b3b1f10
  7. Please stop forcing updates maybe put a 1-2 hour timer on it

in XboX Insiders
    Please stop forcing updates maybe put a 1-2 hour timer on it: As the title reads please put a 1-2 hour notice of an update instead of ruining games and the whole experience of gaming by abruptly shutting everything down and forcing you to update. If we get a...
  8. Zoo Tycoon Xbox Timer Glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zoo Tycoon Xbox Timer Glitch: Hello there! I've been playing the last original campaign zoo. Right as I'm about to finish Japan-Expansion Explosion: The timer runs out. BUT, it keeps going to back to weird numbers. So, it...
  9. Dear Microsoft, this is a note from an old timer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear Microsoft, this is a note from an old timer.: I wanted to post a discussion here for the gamers who remember gaming on the original xbox, playstation, even Atari... My experiences from these old platforms is that the games did not have as...
  10. Controller Idle Shutoff Timer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Idle Shutoff Timer: In short, I'm looking for a way to bypass, or extend, the idle/battery saver/shut off timer, on my controller. Console: Series X, Standard wireless controller Situation: I'm playing a game with...