Thumbsticks too loose and are hard to aim for shooting. Elite Series 2

Discus and support Thumbsticks too loose and are hard to aim for shooting. Elite Series 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I only started playing in the middle of the pandemic, and bought a Elite Series 2. I do not have a box. I play on a Surface Studio 2. When I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by harry57(2), Jan 9, 2022.

1. harry57(2)
    harry57(2) Guest

I only started playing in the middle of the pandemic, and bought a Elite Series 2. I do not have a box. I play on a Surface Studio 2.

When I try to play Halo, (that is the only game I play), it is hard to aim to shoot, as when I move the thumbstick to aim, it is way too loose and I am always missing, especially things somewhat are away or moving objects.

I tuned the thumbsticks with the key, but it still is doing this.

On Youtube, a gamer showed how to adjust the thumbsticks in the app, but my app is a very simplified version I think because I don't have a box and play on computer. Is this the case?

Can someone help me tighten up the looseness when using the thumbsticks so I can actuall hit something?

:)

harry57(2), Jan 9, 2022
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello harry57(2),

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

First, welcome to Xbox!

If your Xbox accessories app is giving you trouble, I have two solutions for you that may help mitigate the issue you're experiencing.

1. Your Xbox Elite Series 2 should have a physical Thumbstick-adjustment tool. Utilizing this tool will allow you adjust the tension of your thumbsticks which could help with the looseness that you're experiencing. Here is a guide on how to use the tool: Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

2. You can adjust your sensitivity settings in game by entering your settings and looking for your horizontal and vertical look sensitivity. If you feel that it's too fast, you can lower it. If you feel like it's too slow, you can raise it. You can also try adjusting your look acceleration if it's available.

Let us know if this helps!

Thank You,

XBF Dom
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  4. FulmetalChemist Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi ,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
    Oh okay , thank you very much for this response.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi FulmetalChemist,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Loose Thumbsticks on 4 Elite Series 2 controllers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You if have warranty I sugest to send it to repair. If you bought from a retailer you need to contact them to get repaired.
Thema:

1. Thumbsticks too loose and are hard to aim for shooting. Elite Series 2 - Similar Threads - Thumbsticks too loose

2. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  5. Power A Xbox one thumbsticks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power A Xbox one thumbsticks.: Hi I'm using a power A wired controller on my Xbox one s, I bought the controller for a standard Xbox one so a few years old now. The rubber has worn off the left thumb stick and I'm trying to...
  6. Thumbstick Calibration Tool usage

in XboX Insiders
    Thumbstick Calibration Tool usage: has anyone used this and noticed any differences with drifting, has it help eliminated it? submitted by /u/sithmetal71 [link] [comments]
  7. Elite Series 2 Controller Replacement Thumbsticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller Replacement Thumbsticks: Hi What I'm looking for is a single replacement thumbstick for my Elite Series 2 controllers - the domed one, to be precise. Where can I go to buy them individually...or even a set of two? I...
  8. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  9. The Xcloud app software won't detect my right thumbstick or triggers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xcloud app software won't detect my right thumbstick or triggers?: I have been using a busted up and broken old wired offbrand 360 controller for most of my time playing on Gamepass games using the web browser, however upon ordering a new controller designed for...
  10. Left thumbstick not clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left thumbstick not clicking: When pressing down to sprint, I came to the realization that my thumbstick doesn’t click, like at all, I use a Scuf Instinct Pro but scuf has no wish to help. Suggestions?...