Thumb stick won’t click

Discus and support Thumb stick won’t click in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had a series 2 elite controller since October of 2022 and it’s been great since I got it. But today I noticed the right thumb stick doesn’t have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brandon Frolander, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Thumb stick won’t click

I’ve had a series 2 elite controller since October of 2022 and it’s been great since I got it. But today I noticed the right thumb stick doesn’t have the click to it when pressed that the left one does. In fact, it really makes hardly any sound at all. It seems most the time it stick registers but it bugs me as it’s still a pretty new controller. Any ideas?

:)

Brandon Frolander, Feb 6, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Thumb stick won’t click

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you need assistance with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. Kindly try the following and see if it helps.

1. Restart the controller: Try turning off the controller and then turning it back on.

2. Check for firmware updates: Go to the Xbox Accessories app to see if there's a firmware update available. If there is, install it.

3. Clean the controller: Dust or debris on the thumbstick may be causing the issue. Clean the controller with a soft cloth.

4. Try a different thumbstick: If the issue persists, try swapping the thumbsticks from left to right to see if the problem follows the stick or stays with the side of the controller.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, I believe this is already a hardware issue so you may need to consider sending in your controller to have it repaired/replaced.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Elite 2 left thumb stick won’t click

Hello James,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox Wireless Elite Controller Series 2. If your thumbsticks are not operational, please use the

Device Support
    or use the
    Contact Us
    portal to speak to an agent to request a replacement.

I hope this helps.
  4. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Ok, so I finally have everything set up, except one thing- I have the thumb stick joystick adapter plugged into the left usb port of the pad. The controller functions as it should, except when I click the adaptive thumb stick, it does not function to
    click the left thumb stick, which it controls. Is there a way to do this, or must I find another way to click the left thumb stick?
  5. WARRIOR I M Win User

Adaptive thumb stick click not working.

I went into the accessories app but idk how to navigate to the section that will allow me to click the left thumb stick, then click the adaptive joystick so that the adaptive thumb stick will also function to click in, so I can run using only the adaptive
    joystick. Idl what section/how to press the thumb stick on the controller, then press the adaptive thumb stick to copy the function. Can I get a step by step process of what to do once the accessories app opens?
  6. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

Help How do you cancel the eso plus subscription

Hopefully it's the left trigger and not a thumb stick click.
Thema:

Thumb stick won’t click

1. Thumb stick won’t click - Similar Threads - Thumb stick won’t

2. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  3. xbox insider thumb stick recalibration issue

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider thumb stick recalibration issue: since applying this new update and running the thumbstick calibration tool, my aim feels very off and floaty in game. I tried using a spare xbox controller, but it seems the config it created has...
  4. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  5. Menu and right thumb stick not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Menu and right thumb stick not working: Hello, I am playing on a chromebook with Xbox Cloud Gaming, I was playing normally but suddenly I could not use the right thumbstick, I thought that it was a bug/glitch or something so I tried to...
  6. Xbox thumb stick calibration update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox thumb stick calibration update: According to this article, was there an update released Xbox one s for thumb stick calibration? Really wondering when this was supposed to come out. It’s says Jan 11 2024. But i just went to check...
  7. Which games only require one thumb/joy stick to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which games only require one thumb/joy stick to play?: I am a casual gamer, I have the adaptive controller l, but I find it too hard to play with two thumb/joy sticks and have lots of different buttons to press. I play eafc24, not a big fan of...
  8. I got the wrong colored thumb sticks and D-Pad for my design lab controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got the wrong colored thumb sticks and D-Pad for my design lab controller.: I just received my custom pro controller today and the thumb sticks and D-Pad are okay on the controller itself. I also ordered the extra thumb sticks and D-Pad for it but they came in the wrong...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....
  10. Elite 2 left thumb stick won’t click

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite 2 left thumb stick won’t click: I go into test mode and can’t get it to register when I click the left thumbstick. I tried adjusting it with the tool but it didnt help. 06d7b211-67a4-4ae8-b369-8e98858d1a6f