this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app

Discus and support this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've all of a sudden been getting "this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app" when trying to install games on the Xbox PC app on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MikeWritesSport, Aug 28, 2022.

1. this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app

Hi,

I've all of a sudden been getting "this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app" when trying to install games on the Xbox PC app on Windows 11.

I click on the link provided on the error and choose the only option I have, C: and still get that error.

I have uninstalled/re-installed multiple times. I have rebooted multiple times.

I have tried this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ass-beta/363874c5-5b93-4331-b632-ce43e325a080 multiple times and keep getting the error.

:)

MikeWritesSport, Aug 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MIKEWRITESSPORT

Just to confirm, is the drive that you want to use formatted as NTFS?
    Double check this opening File explorer > my computer > Right-click on the drive > properties

If your drive is already formatted as NTFS, could you try re-formatting it and selecting the drive as where new content is saved via Windows Settings > System > Storage

If you're not able to format it, try in this case creating a new NTFS partition and select it to save new content.
    In case you need it, follow this tutorial in order to do it
    https://www.diskpart.com/articles/partition-ntf...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. CptRugged Win User

Can't install games on XBox App "this location isn't setup for installing games"

Tried the local admin creation. Rebooted and logged in with the new local admin ID. Installed XBox app and went to attempt to download a game. Same error at the drive selection screen.

Used the SFC scan on both drives. No errors.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't install games on XBox App "this location isn't setup for installing games"

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

6. CptRugged Win User

All windows updates are up to date.

I can't partition this drive any further.

However, with idea of a fresh drive. I did completely format a separate drive with NTFS. I added the drive to my PC and then went to settings / storage and set the new drive G: as the "Where new apps are installed" drive. Windows created a Program Files and WindowsApps folder as expected.

I then opened up the XBox App and went to install a game. At first the new drive appeared selectable. However, as soon as I selected the new drive it immediately got the orange triangle error with "this location isn't setup for installing games" So the issue still persists.
Thema:

1. this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app - Similar Threads - location isn't setup

2. where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?

in XBoX on Windows
    where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?: Hi I just made a Microsoft Xbox device warranty repair for Xbox controller core 2. And the shipping instructions says, "put service number outside box". But i can't find it in my emails, website,...
  3. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  4. Microsoft Rewards isn't working beacuse of my location

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Rewards isn't working beacuse of my location: Microsoft Rewards on my xbox isn't working. When I try to open it's saying Update your console's location. I go to System > Settings > System > Language & location but my location isn't there?...
  5. I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it...: I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it is not working 85030dd0-5b81-40e2-8236-3f93c068f373
  6. How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations: I have a friend that I watch movies with while on FaceTime. She watches them on her Xbox and I watch it on my Windows laptop. It feels like we spend more time trying to sync the movie to the same...
  7. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  8. Keeps asking me to update language and location did it and it keeps asking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeps asking me to update language and location did it and it keeps asking: Xbox1 keeps asking me to update language and location I do it and it keeps asking and cannot get on rewards 1a5c4d94-f74c-4632-a50e-061bb70b3ca6
  9. Locate myself.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locate myself.: I had an older gamer name under my email address, how do I locate it.? The old name is “Xxsomethingxx.” caa7bbcf-e4e4-43c8-a4cf-0b91c6a32093
  10. Warranty shipping label had the wrong location.

in XBoX on Windows
    Warranty shipping label had the wrong location.: I requested a replacement for a controller with a stick drift and it still remains in warranty until about October 2024. I was sent a sticker and accepted for a replacement. The sticker turned out...