This location isnt set up for installing games.....

Discus and support This location isnt set up for installing games..... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've loaded up gamepass to install plague tale I use the app almost daily but today have been told that none of my hardrives are set up for installing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jamie_Ish, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Jamie_Ish
    Jamie_Ish Guest

I've loaded up gamepass to install plague tale I use the app almost daily but today have been told that none of my hardrives are set up for installing games? I've clicked the link in the pop up changed where all apps get downloaded to to each of the 3 hardrives in my computer then uninstalled game pass each time and reinstalled only to be given the same issue. I can play games already installed on my computer through gamepass (most recent being installed last week) but cannot install any new ones. would love to be able tog et this sorted and any help would be appreciated.

:)

Jamie_Ish, Oct 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jamie

Please double check if the desired drive is formatted as NTFS
    Open file explorer > my computer > right click on the drive > properties > next to file system

If everything looks good go to Windows settings > system > storage > advance storage options (only Windows 11) > where new content is saved > under apps select the drive

After that restart the PC and try again
  3. Jamie_Ish Win User

Okay so fixed that issue by unticking "ask me for install options on every install" but now get an error code "0x87e00196" trying to install anything
  4. Javen0116 Win User

location not set up for installing games

2. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content and apps will remain)

This one do the trick the first one i did it also but no luck.
  5. Javen0116 Win User

everything is up to date already and both my ssd drivers are ntfs

[​IMG]

the changed storage settings:

[​IMG]
  6. Javen0116 Win User

Finally! its working and starting to download!

Thank you so much for the helps given!

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. This location isnt set up for installing games..... - Similar Threads - location isnt set

2. Is there a reason the thumbstick location moved?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a reason the thumbstick location moved?: I just got a Series X after using my One S and I’m finding myself really bad at all my favourite games It’s because the stick has moved slightly and so I’m no longer using the same part of my...
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?

in XBoX on Windows
    where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?: Hi I just made a Microsoft Xbox device warranty repair for Xbox controller core 2. And the shipping instructions says, "put service number outside box". But i can't find it in my emails, website,...
  5. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  6. Microsoft Rewards isn't working beacuse of my location

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Rewards isn't working beacuse of my location: Microsoft Rewards on my xbox isn't working. When I try to open it's saying Update your console's location. I go to System > Settings > System > Language & location but my location isn't there?...
  7. I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it...: I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it is not working 85030dd0-5b81-40e2-8236-3f93c068f373
  8. How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations: I have a friend that I watch movies with while on FaceTime. She watches them on her Xbox and I watch it on my Windows laptop. It feels like we spend more time trying to sync the movie to the same...
  9. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  10. Keeps asking me to update language and location did it and it keeps asking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeps asking me to update language and location did it and it keeps asking: Xbox1 keeps asking me to update language and location I do it and it keeps asking and cannot get on rewards 1a5c4d94-f74c-4632-a50e-061bb70b3ca6