this is not what I signed up for.

Discus and support this is not what I signed up for. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had such high hopes for this machine but sadly I failed to remember that the same people that brought us the x1 are also responsible for bringing us... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UsableSquash05, Jan 2, 2014.

1. this is not what I signed up for.

I had such high hopes for this machine but sadly I failed to remember that the same people that brought us the x1 are also responsible for bringing us vista. I have deceived that some times when playing madden 25 in the off line franchise mode that if someone
    who has a profile walks in the room while your playing the cam you will get signed out and end up having to play that game all over again playing the same week 4 times can be frustrating. It can also be frustrating to call support with an un related issue
    and have them tell u I don't know what why your having that problem but I can tell you that I don't know how to fix it have a nice day. Things like this are why I regret buying this system.

:)

UsableSquash05, Jan 2, 2014
  2. MrFragicide
    MrFragicide Guest
    Beta Forum

Please keep in mind that this is the weekend, and many Xbox staff are not at work. Please sit tight and wait for Monday. This is part of being in a Beta, and is what you signed up for.

MrFragicide, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Gstevie
    Gstevie Guest
    Geting help change my Gamertag

I never fully believed that it was randomly generated. For one minute lets forget everything else and just look at the quote from the support page:

"If you created your gamertag when you signed up for Xbox LIVE, you can change your gamertag once for free."

What about this is excludes me from doing this? I have not changed it since I signed up, therefore there own statement say that I can change it free not for 800 points, or am I reading it wrong?

Gstevie, Jan 2, 2014
  4. this is not what I signed up for.

Why would the game sign you out when someone else walks in? When my brother walks in, it signs him in & I stay signed in & keep playing. Are you sure this isn't an issue with the game itself? The game might think that when someone walks in that you're switching
    profiles & as such returns you to the title screen. I don't have the game you referenced, so I can't tell you for sure, but you might want to look into that.

Galactic Geek, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Cover the lens. Problem solved. Mine is covered.

DocHolliday 7, Jan 2, 2014
  6. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    I had the same sort of problem. While playing ghost my missus would walk in the room and it would auto sign her in. The strange thing is if I said "xbox record that" it would save the clip to her profile instead of mine even though I was posing the game
    and signed in first. To fix the problem I just turned off auto sign in and sign in manually at the start of a gaming session. It really doesn't have to be so dramatic!!

DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Unless you pass him the controller it should not do this. Though if you want to get rid of the recognition entirely edit his sign in kinect reference. I have two accounts, and it literally differenciates it by if I am wearing glasses. Though if he passes
    in front of you while the controller is in front of him it will recognize him as the player. Or if your room has mirrors around... That causes issues sometimes.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 2, 2014
  8. Pjacks18
    Pjacks18 Guest

I don't have the issue with Madden. It just signs the other person in and I stay signed in as well.

Pjacks18, Jan 2, 2014
  9. [quote user="Pjacks18"]

I don't have the issue with Madden. It just signs the other person in and I stay signed in as well.

[/quote]

This is how I thought it was supposed to work. It signs in another person who enters the room 'seamlessly' in the background, but it shouldn't give them control over any of the game's features and it shouldn't 'think' they're the one playing the game now, unless
    you hand them the controller.

Wonder if this is a glitch, or if it's something that might be fixed by making sure the Kinect is calibrated a few different times? I haven't had this problem because I'm the only profile on my system. I'm half afraid to add my wife's profile (she really doesn't
    play anymore anyway) to it just because I've seen a few threads with this happening.

A Blue Illusion, Oct 31, 2018
  10. DocHolliday 7 Win User

Cover the lens. Problem solved. Mine is covered.
  11. A Blue Illusion Win User

[quote user="Pjacks18"]

[/quote]

This is how I thought it was supposed to work. It signs in another person who enters the room 'seamlessly' in the background, but it shouldn't give them control over any of the game's features and it shouldn't 'think' they're the one playing the game now, unless
    you hand them the controller.

Wonder if this is a glitch, or if it's something that might be fixed by making sure the Kinect is calibrated a few different times? I haven't had this problem because I'm the only profile on my system. I'm half afraid to add my wife's profile (she really doesn't
    play anymore anyway) to it just because I've seen a few threads with this happening.
  12. DuFFuL Win User

I had the same sort of problem. While playing ghost my missus would walk in the room and it would auto sign her in. The strange thing is if I said "xbox record that" it would save the clip to her profile instead of mine even though I was posing the game
    and signed in first. To fix the problem I just turned off auto sign in and sign in manually at the start of a gaming session. It really doesn't have to be so dramatic!!
  13. Galactic Geek Win User

Why would the game sign you out when someone else walks in? When my brother walks in, it signs him in & I stay signed in & keep playing. Are you sure this isn't an issue with the game itself? The game might think that when someone walks in that you're switching
    profiles & as such returns you to the title screen. I don't have the game you referenced, so I can't tell you for sure, but you might want to look into that.
  14. Pjacks18 Win User

Thema:

1. this is not what I signed up for. - Similar Threads - signed

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  4. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  5. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  6. xbox keeps signing me out!

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox keeps signing me out!: I am trying to create an account; it;s all registered and verified, but whenever I log in to cloud gaming, it automatically signs me out. Any ideas? 0d536b83-3015-4406-99ec-f12f949a5279
  7. Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...: My Xbox One kicked me off while I was playing GTA5 Online to do an update(1-3steps) also said my console will restart during the (1-3steps)update. After that my console takes A WHILE to load(if...
  8. When I turn on xbox I go to cloud gaming sign. I'm not a subscriber. How do I get to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I turn on xbox I go to cloud gaming sign. I'm not a subscriber. How do I get to my...: At turn on I am sent to cloud gaming sign in. I'm not a subscriber. Can't access anything. 6c5744a6-9664-4ed1-9942-835786e3c373
  9. troubles signing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubles signing in: i have troubles signing in, it shows a white screen. i DO NOT want to remove all my accounts cause they are old and store lots of items. PLEASE help!! 83f0ba8b-7f90-4ee8-b247-cf6f80bae2e9
  10. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...