This happens far too often. I try to launch MSFS that I got via the xbox app on PC. It says...

Discus and support This happens far too often. I try to launch MSFS that I got via the xbox app on PC. It says... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The only way I can get it to work after this is if I reinstall the game - This game is huge. I shouldn't have to reinstall every time this happens.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tom Daley, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Tom Daley
    Tom Daley Guest

This happens far too often. I try to launch MSFS that I got via the xbox app on PC. It says...

The only way I can get it to work after this is if I reinstall the game - This game is huge. I shouldn't have to reinstall every time this happens. This issue needs sorting

:)

Tom Daley, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

This happens far too often. I try to launch MSFS that I got via the xbox app on PC. It says launching game, then just reverts back to the desktop.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Tom, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After that try this procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  3. SpannerMunky Win User

This happens far too often. I try to launch MSFS that I got via the xbox app on PC. It says launching game, then just reverts back to the desktop.

this is the event viewer log info

[table][tr][td][/td][td]AppName[/td][td]FlightSimulator.exe[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]AppVersion[/td][td]1.29.30.0[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]AppTimeStamp[/td][td]00000000[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModuleName[/td][td]unknown[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModuleVersion[/td][td]0.0.0.0[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModuleTimeStamp[/td][td]00000000[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ExceptionCode[/td][td]c0000005[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]FaultingOffset[/td][td]00007ff6bce0da90[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ProcessId[/td][td]0x42ec[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ProcessCreationTime[/td][td]0x1d90d787eb9a791[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]AppPath[/td][td]C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModulePath[/td][td]unknown[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]IntegratorReportId[/td][td]9755f5e9-3b0d-413f-ae4f-a0cce4016134[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]PackageFullName[/td][td]Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]PackageRelativeAppId[/td][td]App[/td][/tr][/table]
  4. SpannerMunky Win User

Also have this issue, its doing my head in. Game pass version

windows is as up to date as it can be, the issue is only with msfs. every single time there's an update of any kind to msfs, this happens. Get the initial splash screen "launching game" then it just disappears to desktop. Tried every fix i've been suggested, gaming services/chkdsk/repair/reset etc nothing fixes it except a total uninstall and re-install

Only working fix is a total re-install. and at 150gb+ each time, its a good job I've got unlimited data useage on my internet service amnd even then its testing my patience to an extent I'm about to give up on the game.
  5. Alex Teal Win User

Microsoft flight simulator

Hi, I am having issues launching MSFS, the error I get is "You are too early" - We know that you really want to get started, but you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Check the store for the launch date.

I am using Windows 10.

Launching via Microsoft store - game pass

I have tried troubleshooting the app, updating windows & tried resetting the app.

Thanks.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xcloud launching stream game but never actually starts the game.

I see. You're trying via the browser on PC, have you tried via the Xbox app on your PC? The same thing happens?
Thema:

1. This happens far too often. I try to launch MSFS that I got via the xbox app on PC. It says... - Similar Threads - happens far too

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  6. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  7. What happened to Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    What happened to Friends In Game?: Don’t tell me they replaced it with Happening Now I want to play games my friends are playing, not join a party submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  8. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  9. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.: I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what...
  10. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0