This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one

Discus and support This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I tried to change my gamertag to velosobad but it says this gamertag isn't allowed. But when I typed in bad it allowed me to change it to that (with #... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Veloctyy, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Veloctyy
    Veloctyy Guest

I tried to change my gamertag to velosobad but it says this gamertag isn't allowed. But when I typed in bad it allowed me to change it to that (with # numbers) but when I tried velo with any word it wasn't allowed. velo is short for my full user which is . My gamertag right now is wrld.

:)

Veloctyy, Jan 24, 2023
  2. 98060189-bdd0-49ac-a Win User

This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

But the gamertag that I want to change is my old gamertag. I change my old gamertag on 2 August 2020. I used that old gamertag when I create my Xbox account. At that time, the system allow me to use that gamertag. But when I want to change it back, the system don't allow me to use it. Why is this like that?
  3. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that. Please don't get me wrong but I'd like to be honest with you that there are certain reasons as to why it isn't allowed and it's the enforcement team who decides. Most likely, a letter combination is not allowed or it's a gamertag of a banned account. I hope you understand.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

First, I'm just a gamer like you and I don't work for Microsoft. This is the community where gamers assist gamers. Secondly, I'm sure that there's no way around this and support can't assist with this either. I speak from experience. Once the system says the tag is inappropriate, you just have to edit it or choose a different one completely
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Microsoft can at any time deem a gamertag harmful or inappropriate (even if the “Change gamertag” tool allows it to be created), and that gamertag can be changed automatically without any warning.

See more here https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-GB/home/staysaf...
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Keeman, how are you today? Hope you're well

If the gamertag reports as not allowed, it is only because it is blocked on the XBL side for a reason.

This is likely due to illegal names (profanity etc), prior abuse with a banned account (spam, cheating), hacked account (closed for security), or that it is taken.

This name is definitely not taken - so is likely to be banned on the server side for TOS violations.

Add a number to the back, and it should be fine. Microsoft won't be able to release this name to you in any circumstance.
Thema:

1. This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one - Similar Threads - gamertag isn't allowed

2. Why isn't my gamertag changing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my gamertag changing?: I have payed 20 dollars to change my gamertag TWICE, but it somehow doesn't change and my old username still remains and I've been waiting for a while, and it still hasn't changed. I need help....
  3. My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?: My profile is showing an old gamertag but not the one I use. Wondering what do I do? 3c0f5590-24a4-4846-a118-69b945d0cfeb
  4. I paid to change my gamertag to something that it said was available and it isn't the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid to change my gamertag to something that it said was available and it isn't the...: I spent the money to change my gamertag to something without anything but letters to a name that I wanted and it showed that the way it would be displayed was without any numbers or anything but...
  5. This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.: Why is my gamertag not allowed, I contacted xbox by phone and they couldn't tell me. I even searched other gamertags with hell in it, and seen tons, I even checked to see if my gamertag is taken...
  6. My gamertag isn't changing

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag isn't changing: I changed my gamertag like 60 hours ago but it still hasn't changed. It has changed on the gamertag changing website but not on my xbox profile or in game. Please help...
  7. Gamertag isn't allowed. What's wrong with my name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag isn't allowed. What's wrong with my name?: Hello everyone, I want to change my gamertag to MaliEbbae but it said this gamertag is not allowed. I can use this gamertag on others platform ex. Steam, Epic, PSN, Origin, Ubi but except...
  8. Why isn't my 10+ year old gamertag linked to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my 10+ year old gamertag linked to my Microsoft account: Finally got my hands on a series x and during setup, i signed in without a hitch but when I did, it assigned me a generated gamertag and I have no gamerscore, friends, history or anything...
  9. "This gamertag isn't allowed" for an acceptable gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    "This gamertag isn't allowed" for an acceptable gamertag: I want to change my gamertag to one I had a few years ago on an old account, so I got an agent on live chat to help me get access to that old account so I could swap the gamertag out and free it...
  10. I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.": Hi, I have the ability to change my name however I am not allowed too. Whenever I attempt to make my gamertag "", I check the avalibility and it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different...