This email address is already taken. Please try another. Trying to add an existing email as...

Discus and support This email address is already taken. Please try another. Trying to add an existing email as... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Both emails are active. I have no idea what could be wrong. Trying to add *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** to *** Die... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Joshua DeLeon1, Dec 26, 2022.

1. This email address is already taken. Please try another. Trying to add an existing email as...

Both emails are active. I have no idea what could be wrong. Trying to add *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** in an attempt to erase the latter and make *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** my primary alias. I hope that's all the info I need to provide.

:)

Joshua DeLeon1, Dec 26, 2022
  2. The xShArK Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I'm trying to add my new email as alias on my old gamertag but it doesn't work!

I select "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" and than I put my email @outlook.com when a message comes up "This email address is already taken. Please try another one"

Is there another way to change the email associated to my old gamertag? Thanks
  3. Georges C. Win User

This email address is already taken. Please try another. Trying to add an existing email as a new alias.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Joshua, by your description you are trying to add an Alias to your Microsoft account, if so you cannot add an existing Alias, you have to create a new one.

If you create a new one and add the Alias to the account, you don't need to delete the old Alias, you can keep both Alias in the account and login with the new Alis if you wish.

Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...
  4. Georges C. Win User

This email address is already taken. Please try another. Trying to add an existing email as a new alias.

Hello again, the system allows you to place an existing account that is from another domain, such as Gmail or Yahoo.
  5. Joshua DeLeon1 Win User

I'm confused. It says I can add an existing email. It just feels misleading if I literally cannot add an existing email. Please explain if you would. What am I missing? Thanks.
  6. Mayden92 Win User

Legal name change... wanting to change my email associated with account!

Thanks for the reply!

So I'm up to the part where it's asking me to change my alias...

but I'm being met with "This email address is already taken. Please try another one." The email that I'm using is my new email...? I'm so confused.

I'm not selecting the option to make a new email, just trying to add an existing email. Any insight?
Thema:

This email address is already taken. Please try another. Trying to add an existing email as...

1. This email address is already taken. Please try another. Trying to add an existing email as... - Similar Threads - email address already

2. Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...: I have followed tried all the solutions offered here. I have tried to contact support to no avail. I realized from a credit card statement that I am being billed for an xbox pass and cannot login...
  3. Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...: When I put in the code for the gift card it told me could not find code or code cannot be found 8bf70964-4a5e-4da6-9cdb-207921cb8d3f
  4. I don't know my password or I Don't have access to my email address how can I sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know my password or I Don't have access to my email address how can I sign in: I have forgotten my password for my x box and I don't have access for my email account it's setup to how can I sign in I have PayPal activated on that account f7ebe7ec-ef83-4b87-8e59-3edc0669e8f3
  5. Don’t remember my email address

in XBoX on Windows
    Don’t remember my email address: I can’t remember my email i used for my Xbox 93bada1f-fb65-4485-94c5-a8a91d572edf
  6. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  7. Two accounts, one email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two accounts, one email address?: Awhile back I was forced to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to continue playing Minecraft. I did this by signing into an email address that is tied to my Microsoft account,...
  8. My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised.: My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised and changed to ones I had never seen before. I tried to contact Minecraft support to recover my compromised account. They said they...
  9. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  10. "The email address is already taken. Please choose another one."

in XBoX Accessibility
    "The email address is already taken. Please choose another one.": My Xbox account uses a old email from a different domain, I'd like to change the email in the Xbox account to my @outlook email address, but the error always show up "The email address is already...