Thinking of picking up an SSD for Xbox Series S

Discus and support Thinking of picking up an SSD for Xbox Series S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting an SSD for extra storage to the Series S. Between SATA and NVMe, which one should I go for? Apparently NVMe are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Aldy Rasyid, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Aldy Rasyid
    Aldy Rasyid Guest

Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting an SSD for extra storage to the Series S. Between SATA and NVMe, which one should I go for?

Apparently NVMe are faster but someone said the speed are bottlenecked on USB 3.1 ports

Is this true? Thanks in advance!

:)

Aldy Rasyid, Feb 22, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Yes it’s true

They're both overkill for USB
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Bear in mind, even faster SSD external storage only works for Xbox One and Xbox One X enhanced games. They won't work with Series X|S games. You can store these games on these drives, but you can't play them.

NVME is a waste of money as the USB 3.1 ports maximum bandwidth is 5Gb/s (or 500MB/s).

If you want an SSD for your Xbox One or Xbox One X enhanced games, then your best choice is a SATA SSD connected either via a SATA to USB 3.1 adaptor or an USB 3.1 external drive enclosure.
  4. Stimulus Style Win User

I need help with my series s

It's because the Series S/X are new gen. They require the xbox SSD. You are using an HDD. SSD's are way faster than an SSD, the series s is trying to run the 120fps and higher graphics. Thats why they are telling you to move the games. It wants you to play them on the internal SSD storage.
  5. tommy frank1 Win User

2tb SSD only showing 465 gigs as full amount

It's a series s and the ssd is a Seagate back up plus slim it is USB 3.0
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Which Xbox was the first to come with SSD?

An Xbox One model had a hybrid hard drive/SSD. Now currently the Xbox Series X|S only has a SSD drive in it.
Thema:

1. Thinking of picking up an SSD for Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Thinking picking SSD

2. What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?

in XboX Insiders
    What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?: For example, from the different sections you think the performance of the friends section. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox thinks its on ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox thinks its on ethernet: I have had an xbox series x for a couple years now and recently it has been saying it is connected via ethernet eheb it isn’t. Ive tried restarting it, and i also tried hard resetting it, but...
  4. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  5. Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick

in XboX Insiders
    Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick: Check out this clip! ttvmochajoby streaming Fortnite! https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyDaintyBubbleteaNerfRedBlaster-F-FUYXJw1dShtS-U submitted by /u/Rare_Performance_347 [link] [comments]
  6. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  7. Think it’s a joke how my Xbox malfunctioned and I’m order to get it sorted I have to PAY AGAIN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Think it’s a joke how my Xbox malfunctioned and I’m order to get it sorted I have to PAY AGAIN: I think that it’s a joke how I’ve spent so much buying a series x spent so much on the store and been loyal to Xbox for over 10 years for my series x to break and the ONLY support I have for it is...
  8. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  9. I think I see an Xbox in this one

in XboX Insiders
    I think I see an Xbox in this one: In space, no one can hear U scream... HA HA I think I see an Xbox https://youtu.be/Kt9lMEvKRPY?si=JuLnBlc8onfpioC7 submitted by /u/Sudsuds [link] [comments]
  10. How do you think AI will effect gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you think AI will effect gaming?: How do you think AI will effect gaming? 10 20 30 years from now do you think we will still have physical consoles? d1a7d014-bfd2-48d9-a7bb-4e44521f3713