"There’s an issue in which the audio mixer may not be adjustable." - Why is it taking so...

Discus and support "There’s an issue in which the audio mixer may not be adjustable." - Why is it taking so... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It's been going on for many months now, and I regularly see posts about it, and as an ambassador, have people asking me how to fix it. Why is it not a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SydeWynda, May 16, 2021.

1. /u/SydeWynda
    /u/SydeWynda Guest

"There’s an issue in which the audio mixer may not be adjustable." - Why is it taking so...

It's been going on for many months now, and I regularly see posts about it, and as an ambassador, have people asking me how to fix it. Why is it not a top priority to fix? Why is this issue lingering on for so long?

submitted by /u/SydeWynda
    [link] [comments]

/u/SydeWynda, May 16, 2021
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

No sound on my headset

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. There is an audio setting called chat mixer which balances the party chat volume with the rest of the volume on the console. The article entitled

Troubleshoot Audio Problems in Parties on Xbox One
    explains how to adjust the chat mixer. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

I can't hear my game while in an Xbox party.

Hello -Khia-, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your audio.

Which model headset are you using please? It may be that it uses a separate mixer for the chat and game volume. If it does not then you can either tap the Guide button on your controller and scroll down to the audio icon in the lower right corner to adjust your mixer volume there or go into your Volume Settings on the console then select Additional Option and then Chat Mixer. Here you'll want to set it to reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer

Some options appear grayed out if you are using an accessory that takes advantage of the audio mixer functionality or if you are using hardware where audio adjustments are made on the hardware itself (for example, a Chatpad or some third-party headsets).

Check if there is no accessory that is using the audio mixer function and that is why they appear grayed out.

Tell me from which device are you using the headphones? Depending on that, we can guide you through some possible solutions.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/getting-started-set-up/using-the-guide

I hope everything is resolved, I will be attentive to your response.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Sound/audio

Hi there YonEer,

Thanks for keeping us updated with the issue. To help clarify,

• Is this the only game affected?
    • Have you tried a different headset?
    • Were you able to adjust the Headset chat mixer in the system tab under Audio?

Let us know so we may further assist.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Hi there GoldenSniper874,

Thanks for reply and update on the issue with not being able to hear the background audio.

To help clarify:

• When you talk about background audio, are you referring to the in-game music and sfx.
    • Does this happen in every game?
    • Have you tried another controller?
    • Have you checked the audio settings?
      • Xbox Button
      • System Tab
        • Audio
          • Adjust - Headset Chat Mixer

Let us know, so we may further assist.
Thema:

1. "There’s an issue in which the audio mixer may not be adjustable." - Why is it taking so... - Similar Threads - There’s issue audio

2. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  5. Discord streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming audio issues: I tried streaming Alan wake to my friends using the discord feature and they were able to hear the music and sound effects as well as the characters talking but could not hear the narration voice...
  6. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  7. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  8. Xbox one streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one streaming audio issues: I am streaming from xbox one directly to twitch. Playing fortnite for example. In my headset, I hear clearly all of my teammates in game chat. My stream cannot hear some of my teammates most of...
  9. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch: Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or at least some progress on these issues?...
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...