There was a problem with the update. IPv6 issue with UPnP

Discus and support There was a problem with the update. IPv6 issue with UPnP in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox One Elite 1TB console. I logged in after a few months of not booting it up and it asks me to update the console. I go through the motions... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cowboy333, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Cowboy333
    Cowboy333 Guest

I have a Xbox One Elite 1TB console. I logged in after a few months of not booting it up and it asks me to update the console. I go through the motions and update it. It connects to the internet (with IPv4) through Centurylink's VDSL internet service. I have received two different types of error codes. First one is 0x8B0500B6. This error was given to me after it recommended I go into my wireless modem and change the UPnP settings. It had me disable/reenable the UPnP setting, reboot the wireless modem, and reboot my xbox console. Did that only to get a second error code of 0x800705B4 after doing do. I did notice that the Source OS and Target OS ip address is listed as IPv6.

Source OS: 10.0.22000.4976

Target OS: 10.0.22621.2864

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

:)

Cowboy333, Jan 2, 2023
  2. Cowboy333 Win User

Thanks Nursemorph. Tried your suggestion. I ended up going with the factory reset for the console. Now I'm back to square one with the same error. I'm also just tried to open up the suggested ports for the networking portion of the troubleshooting. That also did not work. Not sure where to proceed now. Bummer.

Would you happen to have any other suggestions?
  3. Nursemorph Win User

4. Ged the head Win User

Known Issues

I had that same problem so I just left DNS as automatic.

Forward the ports manually instead of UPnP and make sure your IPv6 is disabled.
  5. Arminator Win User

IPv6 Support

[quote user="wswartzendruber"]

...But Open vs. Moderate vs. Strict won't be an issue anymore with IPv6 because it doesn't even use NAT.

[/quote]

While you are correct, that IPv6 will eliminate the NAT problems, the Xbox currently is not (yet) IPv6 capable. Maybe a future dashboard update will bring IPv6 capability, but until then you need to continue using IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel in your residence.
  6. Pirate Tyrant Win User

Can't get a Teredo IP address

I have enable DMZ Hosting,IPv6 WAN Settings,IPv6 LAN Settings,UPnP and set firewall to low. Still nothing
Thema:

1. There was a problem with the update. IPv6 issue with UPnP - Similar Threads - was problem update

2. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  3. Problems when trying to roll back control update

in XboX Insiders
    Problems when trying to roll back control update: My controller had problems after an update, so I tried to revert its hardware through the console, but whenever I try to revert it, a problem appears on the screen saying "There was a problem with...
  4. Problem on old gen console with new update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem on old gen console with new update: Hey all so I'm still on xbox one x and I have a problem with the new update I'm reaching out to try and see if maybe someone here has had the same problem before. After this most recent update I...
  5. "There was a problem with the update" but getting error codes with no help articles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "There was a problem with the update" but getting error codes with no help articles.: Been having a mountain of problems with my Xbox One, and I'm not able to update it. When it says "there was a problem with the update" it's gives me these error codes: 0x80070584 0x00000000...
  6. Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...: Hello, so I'm kinda new in all this console repairing thing so I don't know a lot and I would need some help. I recently got a second hand Xbox One S, and it had image problems, it wouldn't show...
  7. Packet loss problem after last ALPHA ring update

in XboX Insiders
    Packet loss problem after last ALPHA ring update: Good morning, I noticed that after the last ALPHA ring update the packet loss problem appeared which I never had before. Let me start by saying that my connection and my router work perfectly, on...
  8. Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I have 55gb in my storage now.), watching all...
  9. Problem with Update Error Code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 on XBoxOne

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Update Error Code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 on XBoxOne: Hi Has anyone had this error code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 The 0x80070070 looks like lack of storage. I've deleted files so lots of space Can't find 0x90130005 in any help topics...
  10. There was a problem with the update - Error code: 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201

in XboX Insiders
    There was a problem with the update - Error code: 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201: This is on 2 consoles that I had on skip ahead build 2030. I attempted to unenroll them and after the adjustment it tried to prompt an update. The update reset some things so I went through setup...