There are only old savegames on my xbox cloud

Discus and support There are only old savegames on my xbox cloud in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have save game issues regarding Witcher3. After deleting my local save games, the game dowloaded only old save games from cloud. Ive been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Filip_787x, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Filip_787x
    Filip_787x Guest

Hello, I have save game issues regarding Witcher3. After deleting my local save games, the game dowloaded only old save games from cloud.

Ive been playing it on series S for like a 6 weeks.

I always played while being connected to internet.

Yesterday when launching the game Ive got error that said that my local save game data are different from the ones on cloud. I had option to choose which I want to use. When choosing:

1. Cloud save game data - nothing happened

2. Local save game data - Ive got error according to which my save game storage is full and I need to delete some of my save games (Ive had 100gb free on disc)

I have deleted the local save games, since I knew they are saved on cloud anyways. After launching game again, it was dowloading save games from cloud. To my surprise, it had only dowloaded the old save games from 1st week of playing. I have over 100hours lost now.

I tried to reinstall the game, but again it downloaded only those old save games and not new ones.

As mentioned before, Ive always played online and at every launch of game, it was syncing data.

So where are my save games? How do I get to them?

Thank you very much for your answer and time.

:)

Filip_787x, Jan 28, 2023
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Recovering deleted data

If the game you deleted was a Xbox One game, then your savegame data should be safely stored online in the Xbox Cloud, unless you chose to delete the savegame data from "all" consoles.

If you only deleted the local savegame storage, simply launch the game (after installing it, if necessary), and then let the console synchronize your savegame from the cloud.

If there is a conflict about the local savegame and cloud savegame, make sure to choose the cloud version in the confirmation dialogue.
  3. xXxTorchwoodxXx Win User

Notifications and other stuff? Some questions?

Where is the option to manage the harddrive?, There is only the option to delete a complet installation, but no way to delete a savegame that you don't want anymore because you like to start the game with a new savegame and not all games feature a "choose
    your savegame" option.

If the savegames are in the cloud, then give us the ability to manage our cloud storage.
  4. xenocracy_2010 Win User

Gta 5 Singleplayer Savegames as Copy to the Microsoft Cloud ?

Yes have Tested now, have Delete my Offline Singleplayer Savegame, and...

The Offline Savegame have Synchronisation from Cloud to me.

"Yes Offline Savegame use Update to Cloud and back to the Xbox One

Microsoft Support say all Wrong is an Stupid Humans no Idea on Gta5."
  5. LORD X2X Win User

No achievements

In various forums I have read about the theory that if you delete a game completely, you can play the Achievements again. ****! Once earned, always earned! The thought was, maybe it then goes with those who have not been unlocked?! Has also been mentioned here!

The difficulty was, however, that I did not want to sacrifice my savegame.

The solution:

In the meantime, I bought an Xbox ONE X. On my old Xbox ONE the savegame is stored with all game cards and weapons. Now I went offline with the Xbox ONE X and deleted all savegames on it. So I could create a completely new savegame. After the first savepoint I quit the game and went online again. After that I started the game again. During the synchronization I overwrote the savegame in the cloud. In a speedrun I have now unlocked three Achievements that were previously denied to me. Whether that works with the remaining Achievements, remains to be seen. When I have all Achievements, I will load the savegame from my old Xbox ONE and put it over the savegame in the cloud. So I have all the game cards and weapons again.

Note 1:

For possible losses or misinterpretations I assume no liability!

Note 2:

This is probably because you only get Achievements when you are online and I have played offline in the past.

Hint 3:

I think this only works if you own or borrow a second Xbox ONE.

Hint 4:

I'm pretty sure this could work for other games as well.
  6. LuisAguilar10 Win User

New Gold Account

i recomend you,translate your savegames at the cloud,if you do this,you can play in the 2 xbox,only you needselect te cloud
Thema:

1. There are only old savegames on my xbox cloud - Similar Threads - are old savegames

2. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  3. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  4. Troubleshooting updating my old xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Troubleshooting updating my old xbox 360: Hello all ! I've recently dug up my old 360 and when i launch it i get this update error code for which no solution found online works : 351F-4099-2800-0F00-C000-0034 I've tried downloading on a...
  5. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  6. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  7. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  8. problem with old fifa game backward compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    problem with old fifa game backward compatibility: Hello, I have an old fifa 10 360 disc in perfect condition Ms support says If I have the disc I can play offline however I can't install it when I put the disc into my xbox Series x. submitted by...
  9. Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles: I initially had a 360 that moved locations after I got an Xbox One but the 360 isn't wanting to be added to my consoles on the app. I tried adding it through the remote as an existing console but...
  10. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289