The Xbox Series X/S d-pads feel uncomfortable.

Discus and support The Xbox Series X/S d-pads feel uncomfortable. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently received my controller via Xbox Design Lab, with the sole reason of ordering it being due to problems with my other controllers (RB on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NARbluebear, Mar 18, 2023.

1. NARbluebear
    NARbluebear Guest

I recently received my controller via Xbox Design Lab, with the sole reason of ordering it being due to problems with my other controllers (RB on my previous Xbox controller is stuck, and my Switch Pro Controller's starting to drift). It works fine and feels good to hold, but the d-pad is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever felt. More specifically, the way it pushes into my skin while my thumb's resting on it feels a bit painful. Is there any way to get a standard Xbox One controller from XDL, or at least an option to switch out the d-pad for the classic cross shape? I planned on using this controller to play games like Celeste or Hollow Knight on my computer, and it just feels wrong to use a control stick for those games. But now, however, I'm not so sure if I want to even use it. The only problem's how the d-pad feels, the controller itself is fine.

In short, I'd like to have the option to switch out the d-pad in Xbox Design Lab for the classic one.

:)

NARbluebear, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello NARbluebird, as the previous generation of consoles was discontinued, unfortunately so were the controllers.

I believe that only Elite has these options on the XDL website
  3. Ravenhood777 Win User

Factory reset

Greensleeves94

This works as of so far. Go to console settings, then go to system info.

Do this series of keys to reset it.

Left trigger, right trigger

X,Y

Left bumper, right bumper

X, X

Up on d-pad, down on d-pad

Hope this works
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  5. zanedrummerdx Win User

reset family settings

If it is a xbox 360 slim I have the code. It's LT,RT,LB,RB,X,Y,Left on d-pad,Left on d-pad and Left on d-pad. It reset my family settings.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox controller design

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Jeffrey_630

Microsoft released a new Xbox controller when they launch the Series X/S

The new design has a new D-Pad (is similar in design to the elite series 1 D-pad), as you said, a new USB-C port due to it's more common to see USB-C cables now

and the share button is a new addition to it.

Xbox One S controllers are known as third generation controllers

Xbox Series X/S controllers are known as fourth generation controllers

You can check all this here:

https://xbox.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Wirel...(2016)

If you have further questions feel free to ask, greetings from another Microsoft user!

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. The Xbox Series X/S d-pads feel uncomfortable. - Similar Threads - Series pads feel

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  7. My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad: The problem only stops when I press left on the dpad but they left vision itself didn't register at all. I've tried everything other than taking the controller apart which is a last resort...
  8. Can the Xbox chat pad be used for in game functions on the series X/S (example: weapon...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the Xbox chat pad be used for in game functions on the series X/S (example: weapon...: In regards to game development and the porting of pc games to the series X/S, I was wondering if said console supported the use of the chat pad to preform in game functions such as swapping...
  9. Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X): Hi I am using a Fanatec CSL DD wheel base with Mclaren GT3 V2. I can nevigate in the console main page. However, D-pad stuck on "UP" when I am in game. With the wheel base contected, the D-pad is...
  10. Xbox series X and possible setup to a Leia Lume Pad 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X and possible setup to a Leia Lume Pad 2?: Is it possible to connect remote play through the Xbox Series X onto my Leia Lume pad 2 through my Xbox series x and be able to get the 120 refresh rate or instead just have it go straight to the...